Windows 10: How to configure windows 10 touchpad?

Discus and support How to configure windows 10 touchpad? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I recently bought an HP Omen (up from and HP Envy) and I've noticed that the touchpad settings are different on this new computer. Specifically,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AdamJoselson, Aug 20, 2018.

1. How to configure windows 10 touchpad?

Hi, I recently bought an HP Omen (up from and HP Envy) and I've noticed that the touchpad settings are different on this new computer. Specifically, that tapping with three fingers opens cortana instead of setting up scrolling or opening/closing tabs in a web browser. I'd really like to change this but it seems to be, inexplicably and infuriatingly, locked. How can I actually configure my touchpad instead of just messing with the sensitivity?

:)

AdamJoselson, Aug 20, 2018
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Aug 20, 2018
  3. No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Aug 20, 2018
  4. How to configure windows 10 touchpad?

Touchpad not working after Windows 10 installment

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to update the drivers and check if the issue persists.

• Update the Touchpad Driver.
    • Press Windows + x key together and select Device Manager.
    • Locate the Touchpad Driver.
    • Right click on the Touchpad Driver icon and click on “Update Driver Software”.
    • Click on “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software” option.
    If still the issue persist then I suggest you to go to the manufacturer’s website download the touchpad drivers and install it in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

How to configure windows 10 touchpad?

1. How to configure windows 10 touchpad? - Similar Threads - configure touchpad

2. windows configuration designer, how to allow dual monitors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows configuration designer, how to allow dual monitors?: I setup restricted local user with Microsoft “windows configuration designer” tool that will allow to run multi apps and everything was working fine with one Monitor. I use NVIDIA GPU T1000 with 4 DP and once I connect more than one monitor, the restricted user fails to login...
  3. windows configuration designer, how to allow dual monitors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows configuration designer, how to allow dual monitors?: I setup restricted local user with Microsoft “windows configuration designer” tool that will allow to run multi apps and everything was working fine with one Monitor. I use NVIDIA GPU T1000 with 4 DP and once I connect more than one monitor, the restricted user fails to login...
  4. windows configuration designer, how to allow dual monitors?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Touchpad Configuration Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad Configuration Problem: The left button on the touchpad doesnt work whenever I press a key on the keyboard as well. It as an Elan touchpad and it doesnt seem to be a hardware problem since I used the setiings to swap the left click with the right click but then the right click started to behave the...
  6. Is it possible to configure the touchpad so that I can adjust screen brightness with a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to configure the touchpad so that I can adjust screen brightness with a...: If anyone knows how to do this please share! Thanks! submitted by /u/gustavoramosart [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/is3p0e/is_it_possible_to_configure_the_touchpad_so_that/
  7. How to use and configure a touchpad on a desktop computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to use and configure a touchpad on a desktop computer: Hi there, First of all, it's important to coonsider the following for a DESKTOP computer and NOT a Laptop ;) So, I'm currently using a Bluetooth keyboard with a built-in touchpad ==> Rapoo E6700 My problem is, I would like to use the powerfull of the touchpad's...
  8. Touchpad doesn't show anything that I can configure

Touchpad doesn't show anything that I can configure: Split from this thread. Hi, I have this issue whereby the touchpad doesn't show anything that I can re-configure its system: [ATTACH] --> I cannot activate my three-fingers, 4-fingers multi touch anymore. How can I re-activate that features?...
  9. Touchpad tap configured as "mouse back button" not working in Explorer

Touchpad tap configured as "mouse back button" not working in Explorer: I have a ThinkPad T480 laptop, using a Synaptics touchpad. I use the built-in Windows 10 touchpad settings to configure the tap functionality. I configured the touchpad to function as a "mouse back button" when I tap it with three fingers. It works fine in Firefox but it...
  10. Touchpad tap configured as "mouse back button" not working in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Touchpad tap configured as "mouse back button" not working in Explorer: I have a ThinkPad T480 laptop, using a Synaptics touchpad. I use the built-in Windows 10 touchpad settings to configure the tap functionality. I configured the touchpad to function as a "mouse back button" when I tap it with three fingers. It works fine in Firefox but it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to configure touchpad in windows 10