Windows 10: How to configure Windows Sandbox to allow receiving UDP packets?

Discus and support How to configure Windows Sandbox to allow receiving UDP packets? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, My app running on the sandbox could open TCP connections to a server running on the host, but the app could not receive UDP packets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by River Ha, Dec 4, 2019.

1. River Ha Win User

How to configure Windows Sandbox to allow receiving UDP packets?

Hello everyone,

My app running on the sandbox could open TCP connections to a server running on the host,

but the app could not receive UDP packets from the host.

I have put the app in the white list of the firewall but it did not help.

The IP of the sandbox is default (DHCP).

Ping to the host replies well.

How to configure the sandbox to allow the app receive UDP?

:)

River Ha, Dec 4, 2019

2. please a help about UDP packet

The protocol only covers the transmission of a single packet but there's nothing to stop many packets from being sent/received. TCP can accept one packet as well but it is design to receive thousands of them in a specific order (requests those that are lost).

There's a DHCP handshake there where they share MAC address with each other and the router assigns an IP to the machine. As far as I know, it is not secure.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 4, 2019
  3. njjal Win User
    Intermittent UDP drops in Windows 10 OS

Hi,
    I have a receiver-side NDIS ETL capture. It shows packets in order and all present. I also have an application receiving data off of the socket. The application misses some data, and the data is occasionally in the wrong order.
    The application is receiving multicast UDP via a LAN. The loss is apx. 0.01% of data received. While UDP delivery and ordering aren't guaranteed by the protocol and the throughput isn't terrible, I want to understand why the OS would drop the data.
    It doesn't need to be lossless, but I want to first identify where the packets are being lost (e.g. in some finite kernel buffer), then find the threshold (e.g. after 64MB of queued data).
    Any tips or ideas on steps to take would be greatly appreciated.

njjal, Dec 4, 2019
  4. S.
    s. Win User

please a help about UDP packet

thank u very much for ur reply, it is helpful
    so please by that
    do u mean that udp usually send 1 packet in it's transfer?

also please, the security that i read is between the client and it's nearest router, so here please, what is the series of the handshaking that happen here?

i don't want to send using TCP only, and the packets that transfered through is of all types, but i have problem in the UDP behavior in transfering

thank u in advance
    with regards
    sarah

Thema:

1. How to configure Windows Sandbox to allow receiving UDP packets? - Similar Threads - configure Sandbox allow

2. Packet loss on udp multicast over IPv4

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Packet loss on udp multicast over IPv4: HI,I am using Windows 10 Enterprise x64 build 21H2 and suffering from udp multicast packet loss.To explain better I am using AES67 streams with having randomly packet loss.This happens on 2 different PC's with the same Windows builds. Also I have changed NIC cables etc. but...
  3. Packet loss on udp multicast over IPv4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Packet loss on udp multicast over IPv4: HI,I am using Windows 10 Enterprise x64 build 21H2 and suffering from udp multicast packet loss.To explain better I am using AES67 streams with having randomly packet loss.This happens on 2 different PC's on the same Windows builds. Also I have changed NIC cables etc. but...
  4. Packet loss on udp multicast over IPv4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Packet loss on udp multicast over IPv4: HI,I am using Windows 10 Enterprise x64 build 21H2 and suffering from udp multicast packet loss.To explain better I am using AES67 streams with having randomly packet loss.This happens on 2 different PC's on the same Windows builds. Also I have changed NIC cables etc. but...
  5. some udp packets are directed to the vEthernet connections if they are not disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some udp packets are directed to the vEthernet connections if they are not disabled: Background:I am playing a game with one of my friends through LAN connection. I have set up an openvpn server on my machine and let my friend connect to it so that we can in one local network and play the game.Recently, I discovered that if I am using my desktop, and if he...
  6. some udp packets are directed to the vEthernet connections if they are not disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some udp packets are directed to the vEthernet connections if they are not disabled: Background:I am playing a game with one of my friends through LAN connection. I have set up an openvpn server on my machine and let my friend connect to it so that we can in one local network and play the game.Recently, I discovered that if I am using my desktop, and if he...
  7. some udp packets are directed to the vEthernet connections if they are not disabled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. How to update/configure Windows 10 Sandbox

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to update/configure Windows 10 Sandbox: I want to use the Sandbox feature. I've used it the first time when it was released, but since removed it, and now I want to get back into testing it. However, I'm running into a couple of issues, and can't find any detailed documentation around this: 1 - The Sandbox says...
  9. Create Windows Sandbox configuration files with Sandbox Configuration Manager

in Windows 10 News
    Create Windows Sandbox configuration files with Sandbox Configuration Manager: Sandbox Configuration Manager is a free program for Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system that helps users of the system create sandbox configuration files. Windows Sandbox is a new feature of Windows 10 version 1903 that uses Windows Containers to provide the sandbox...
  10. Windows Sandbox - How to configure in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows Sandbox - How to configure in Windows 10: How to: Windows Sandbox - How to configure in Windows 10 [img] Information A quote from Ten Forums tutorial Enable Windows Sandbox Feature in Windows 10 Home Edition Starting with Windows 10 build 18305, Microsoft introduced Windows Sandbox. Windows Sandbox is a...