Windows 10: How to connect a bluetooth device for media and phone calls in Windows 10 like in Android?

Discus and support How to connect a bluetooth device for media and phone calls in Windows 10 like in Android? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Android allows to connect to bluetooth devices for both Phone Calls and Media. When media is playing it takes both channels and streams audio to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Joseph C. Caswell, Dec 3, 2021.

1. How to connect a bluetooth device for media and phone calls in Windows 10 like in Android?

Android allows to connect to bluetooth devices for both Phone Calls and Media. When media is playing it takes both channels and streams audio to the device. When a phone call comes in it sends a pause command to the media and switches the channels to use both the microphone and the speakers. What can be done in Windows 10 to make it behave the same or similar?Have media playing to the speakers of a bluetooth device using both channels the headphone property and then once an application that can take exclusive control requests the microphone then a pause command is sent and the bluetooth devi

:)

Joseph C. Caswell, Dec 3, 2021
  2. pheles22 Win User

Audio on connected Bluetooth devices

I'm having a weird problem that I can't figure out and it's driving me nuts.

All that I'm attempting to do is to listen to the podcasts that I have on my Android smart phone through the speakers on my computer via Bluetooth. This worked in Win 8, but since upgrading to 10 I'm encountering a problem.

The computer will pair with the phone with no issues. It will also connect with the device via Bluetooth, no issues there either. But I can't make it pull the audio from the phone. When connected, the audio still plays through the phone, and not the computer.

I've poked around audio settings, and can't find anything. I installed drivers specific to the phone, that did not work. I also went to Dell's site and installed Bluetooth drivers that are specific to my computer. No change.

Any suggestions?

pheles22, Dec 3, 2021
  3. Making Bluetooth phone calls

To anyone who may be reading this now, this is a software problem with WIDCOMM. It does not support phone audio on Windows 8 or later. Notice how all of the screenshots showing this feature have the Windows 7 style.
    I have purchased a CSR based bluetooth device that came with a CSR Harmony software disk and after installing it I was able to use the Hands-Free audio service to use my computer headset with my phone.
    The service is a bit limited. There is no interface to place calls from the computer, but once an outbound call has been made from the phone, the Hands-Free interface will work.
    Specifically, I purchased the Zexmte Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter, able to be found on Amazon.
    EDIT: Additional warning: This software is very temperamental. There are certain procedures you have to follow to pair the devices and reconnect them, or the drivers will literally break and the Bluetooth radio will not function until the CSR Harmony software is completely reinstalled.
    To pair devices, one must use the CSR Harmony interface. Double click the bluetooth icon in the system tray to open the interface. Click "Add Device" and click the phone option. Use this dialogue to pair the devices. Initializing pairing from the phone has given me severe problems.
    On the other hand, once the phone is paired with the computer, subsequent disconnection and reconnection should be done from your phone. Do not use the CSR Harmony interface to connect and disconnect the phone, as this will crash the drivers, requiring re-installation thereof.
    One last word of advice: it's a good idea to disable the "Media Audio" service through your phone's bluetooth paired device settings, so that you are not annoyed by the media player that will automatically pop-up upon connection if this setting is enabled.

HighResolutionS, Dec 3, 2021
  4. jeffpc Win User

How to connect a bluetooth device for media and phone calls in Windows 10 like in Android?

Your Phone can't see my Bluetooth (connected Phone)

How to connect a bluetooth device for media and phone calls in Windows 10 like in Android? [​IMG]

Hi All,

The attached screenshot says it all. I have a Huawei Mate 10 android phone bluetooth connected to my Windows 10 machine. The "Your Phone" app has connected to the phone but claims that my PC has no bluetooth. I have dragged my bluetooth devices window (replete with my phone's current bluetooth connection) over the Your Phone app to show the inconsistency between what Your Phone is saying and what Windows 10 is saying. Has anybody got any ideas why Your Phone can't see my bluetooth connection?

Jeff P-C

jeffpc, Dec 3, 2021
Thema:

How to connect a bluetooth device for media and phone calls in Windows 10 like in Android?

1. How to connect a bluetooth device for media and phone calls in Windows 10 like in Android? - Similar Threads - connect bluetooth device

2. android phone not connecting to windows pc via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    android phone not connecting to windows pc via bluetooth: hi, i have this issue for some time now, when i try connecting some device to my pc via bluetooth it sometimes doesn't work but after some work it works, thought with my phone it's a different story, i can't get it to connect with my pc - it connects for a milisecond and then...
  3. android phone not connecting to windows pc via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    android phone not connecting to windows pc via bluetooth: hi, i have this issue for some time now, when i try connecting some device to my pc via bluetooth it sometimes doesn't work but after some work it works, thought with my phone it's a different story, i can't get it to connect with my pc - it connects for a milisecond and then...
  4. Bluetooth/ android phone not connecting to my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth/ android phone not connecting to my laptop: Hi all, I have recently bought both a new phone and a laptop. My new and old phones are both Samsung, though the old one is an A12, and the new one is an A13. My old laptop is an old HP one and my new one is an HP Envy x360 laptop. My problem is that both phones are able to...
  5. Bluetooth/ android phone not connecting to my laptop

Bluetooth/ android phone not connecting to my laptop: Hi all, I have recently bought both a new phone and a laptop. My new and old phones are both Samsung, though the old one is an A12, and the new one is an A13. My old laptop is an old HP one and my new one is an HP Envy x360 laptop. My problem is that both phones are able to...
  6. How to connect a bluetooth device for media and phone calls in Windows 10 like in Android?

How to connect a bluetooth device for media and phone calls in Windows 10 like in Android?: Android allows to connect to bluetooth devices for both Phone Calls and Media. When media is playing it takes both channels and streams audio to the device. When a phone call comes in it sends a pause command to the media and switches the channels to use both the microphone...
  7. How to connect a bluetooth device for media and phone calls in Windows 10 like in Android?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to connect a bluetooth device for media and phone calls in Windows 10 like in Android?: Android allows to connect to bluetooth devices for both Phone Calls and Media. When media is playing it takes both channels and streams audio to the device. When a phone call comes in it sends a pause command to the media and switches the channels to use both the microphone...
  8. Windows 10 version 20H2 could not connect Bluetooth with android phone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 version 20H2 could not connect Bluetooth with android phone: I try to connect my pixel 3, and Samsung A10 to my PC via Bluetooth but it doesn't work ? what is the root cause ? but it work iphone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-20h2-could-not-connect/f8357843-2942-43ce-80ba-0111c633d9b1
  9. Windows 10 is connected to Bluetooth but no call audio in Your Phone app

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is connected to Bluetooth but no call audio in Your Phone app: [ATTACH]Your Phone application makes it easy for you to send/receive texts and phone calls from your phone via your Windows computer. A common problem users experience when using this application is when they get an incoming call, the Your Phone app returns the following...
  10. Your Phone app will not connect to my android phone for making/receiving calls

Your Phone app will not connect to my android phone for making/receiving calls: When I try and pair my android S9 phone with the "Your Phone" app so that I can use the app to make phone calls, the pairing box in windows does not open completely and is not stretchable so that I can click on the 'Pair" button. How am I suppose to pair my phone in that app?...