Windows 10: How to connect a Windows Device to Microsoft Family?

Discus and support How to connect a Windows Device to Microsoft Family? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; We are trying to follow the steps to connect a device for a child to MS family. The last step is to pick the account and select Allow. Except there is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Marina Levit1, Apr 13, 2023.

1. How to connect a Windows Device to Microsoft Family?

We are trying to follow the steps to connect a device for a child to MS family. The last step is to pick the account and select Allow. Except there is no Allow button. There is only 'Change account type' and 'Block'. The account in question is a child MS account that is under "Your family" and it is added under 'Your Family' in the family safety MS page. It's a standard user and not administrator. I tried upload a screenshot but this web site's image uploader is broken and it just says it couldn't upload.UPDATE: It apparently takes some time for this to take effect. Even though there neve

:)

Marina Levit1, Apr 13, 2023
  2. Brink Win User

Changes in Microsoft family

Source: Microsoft account | Whats new for Microsoft family

Brink, Apr 13, 2023
  3. Microsoft Family - We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date.

Hi Fusheng,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Are you log into your computer with a Microsoft Account?
    • Have you check Windows Updates for any pending updates?

For now, I suggest that you open Windows Updates and click on the check for updates button. If you see any updates, disconnect all external devices other than mouse and keyboard, install the updates and check.

If the following did not help try disconnecting from your Microsoft Account, this will change it into a local account. Once done, connect back to the account, try to add the family and check. To do so follow the steps below.

How to switch to a local account from Microsoft account.

1. Press “Windows + I” keys to open settings (When you get the error “Critical error-start menu and Cortana not
    working”).

2. Select
    Accounts.

3. On the right side, it will show your current account with an option "Switch to a local account”.

4. Select “switch to a local account” and follow the steps to switch your Microsoft account into a local account. Once this
    is done your Microsoft account is safe and not linked with that computer anymore.

How to convert a local account to Microsoft Account:

1. Press “Windows + I” keys to open settings.

2. Select
    Accounts.

3. Tap or click
    Switch to a Microsoft account and follow the on screen instructions.

For additional information click on the link below

Set up family features

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/set-up-family#set-up-family=windows-10

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Apr 13, 2023
Thema:

How to connect a Windows Device to Microsoft Family?

1. How to connect a Windows Device to Microsoft Family? - Similar Threads - connect Device Microsoft

2. How to connect a Windows Device to Microsoft Family?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect a Windows Device to Microsoft Family?: We are trying to follow the steps to connect a device for a child to MS family. The last step is to pick the account and select Allow. Except there is no Allow button. There is only 'Change account type' and 'Block'. The account in question is a child MS account that is under...
  3. How to connect a Windows Device to Microsoft Family?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to connect a Windows Device to Microsoft Family?: We are trying to follow the steps to connect a device for a child to MS family. The last step is to pick the account and select Allow. Except there is no Allow button. There is only 'Change account type' and 'Block'. The account in question is a child MS account that is under...
  4. How to Connect a Windows 11 Device to Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Connect a Windows 11 Device to Family Safety: I recently bought surface go's for two of my children. I set up their child accounts on my surface but did not sign them in. I then logged them in on the new surface go but family safety has 0 connected devices. I added myself to the surface go, made myself the admin, made...
  5. How to Connect a Windows 11 Device to Family Safety

How to Connect a Windows 11 Device to Family Safety: I recently bought surface go's for two of my children. I set up their child accounts on my surface but did not sign them in. I then logged them in on the new surface go but family safety has 0 connected devices. I added myself to the surface go, made myself the admin, made...
  6. Microsoft family not connecting...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family not connecting...: I need to talk to a person to resolve a problem on my son's computer. I have Microsoft Family set-up which works with the Xbox with no issues. My son has just got a Microsoft PC and has been set-up as administrator. I need to change this so that his time limits from Microsoft...
  7. Microsoft family not connecting...

Microsoft family not connecting...: I need to talk to a person to resolve a problem on my son's computer. I have Microsoft Family set-up which works with the Xbox with no issues. My son has just got a Microsoft PC and has been set-up as administrator. I need to change this so that his time limits from Microsoft...
  8. Microsoft Family Safety - uanble to connect device

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety - uanble to connect device: TLDR: This is ridiculous. 1. I signed up for Microsoft Family Safety MFS. 2. I added my child to the family group -> created a new *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account3. I downloaded the app on my phone4. It says to connect to a device, have your child log...
  9. Microsoft Family Safety - uanble to connect device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety - uanble to connect device: TLDR: This is ridiculous. 1. I signed up for Microsoft Family Safety MFS. 2. I added my child to the family group -> created a new *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account3. I downloaded the app on my phone4. It says to connect to a device, have your child log...
  10. Microsoft Family Safety - uanble to connect device