Windows 10: How to connect Canon MG3520 printer when "Not Detected"?

Discus and support How to connect Canon MG3520 printer when "Not Detected"? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys, I hope someone can help me an my daughter with this. She's off to college now and she's asked me to setup her Canon MG 3520 printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by orlando1974, Sep 24, 2015.

1. How to connect Canon MG3520 printer when "Not Detected"?

Hi guys, I hope someone can help me an my daughter with this. She's off to college now and she's asked me to setup her Canon MG 3520 printer (wireless). I thought it would take me 2 minutes thanks to the WPS button I thought there would be on their home modem/router but there isnt any. Its actually the ISP's modem and doesnt have a WPS button. And when I try to detect it manually...no dice. Only way I've been able to get it working is connected with a USB cable but its not convenient as she keeps the printer at a fair distance from her desk.

Can anyone please provide assistance>? Step-by-step walkthru on how to get Windows 10 to "see" her printer when trying to add a network printer? If her laptop is able to connect to her network for internet, then shouldnt it see the printer? I should note that her laptop is connecting at the 5Ghz band, if that makes any difference.

:)

orlando1974, Sep 24, 2015

2. Cannon MG3520 Printer

How do I change the setup of my Canon MG3520 printer to print via WiFi rather than using a USB chord?

VonnieMcKelvey, Sep 24, 2015
  3. Windows Update

My computer keeps notifying me that it "Can't install updates"...The update is for a Canon Printer...I have never installed a Canon Printer on this computer and do not connect a Canon Printer to my network. How do I elect to ignore this update?

William Smith (william.smith), Sep 24, 2015
  4. JOS
    jos Win User

How to connect Canon MG3520 printer when "Not Detected"?

Are you runing W10-pro or W10-home?
    I found that W10-home offers you a more relaxed and automaticly correct sharing of devices and folders in a home network.
    In my LAN using cable and router I did it by going to Settings->Network and Internet->Ethernet->
    Advanced sharing options-> allowing all for home network
    Network centre ->private (home) network
    Homegroup (important)->selecting at least Printers and Devices to share (pictures down to documents are media and can be ignored)
    But I have to say the W10-home is more relaxed in sharing than W10-pro (at least in my home network).

5. Ztruker Win User
    Do you have the install CD/DVD for the printer? If not download the full driver then run it. If yes run the installer from the CD/DVD.

Download: Canon U.S.A. : Consumer & Home Office : PIXMA MG3520

How to connect Canon MG3520 printer when "Not Detected"? [​IMG]

Do not hook up the printer at all.
    Run the install program. At some point it will (or should) ask you how you want to setup the printer, Wireless or USB.
    Choose Wireless and follow instructions.

Ztruker, Sep 25, 2015
  6. This has been tried.... will try again...for what its worth.

orlando1974, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to connect Canon MG3520 printer when "Not Detected"?

1. How to connect Canon MG3520 printer when "Not Detected"? - Similar Threads - connect Canon MG3520

2. my canon TS3522 printer will not connect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my canon TS3522 printer will not connect.: it wont connect let alone be visible on laptop nor cell phone! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-canon-ts3522-printer-will-not-connect/267b719f-b771-49ce-94e1-5c86eeb2b8b8
  3. my canon TS3522 printer will not connect.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my canon TS3522 printer will not connect.: it wont connect let alone be visible on laptop nor cell phone! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-canon-ts3522-printer-will-not-connect/267b719f-b771-49ce-94e1-5c86eeb2b8b8
  4. Connect canon printer in s mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connect canon printer in s mode: I have recently bought a lenovo idea pad 1 laptop which is by default using s mode. I don't seem to be able to connect this to my canon pixma mg4250 printer. Is this not possible in S mode?...
  5. Connect canon printer in s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect canon printer in s mode: I have recently bought a lenovo idea pad 1 laptop which is by default using s mode. I don't seem to be able to connect this to my canon pixma mg4250 printer. Is this not possible in S mode?...
  6. Connect canon printer in s mode

7. Windows 11 Does Not Detect Canon iP7220 Printer

Windows 11 Does Not Detect Canon iP7220 Printer: I am trying to install a Canon iP7220 inkjet printer onto my new Windows 11 computer. The installation never gets past connecting the printer and turning it on. Eventually an error message is added to the "Connect Cable" screen saying "Caution! Cannot detect the printer."...
  8. S mode, Canon printer connect

S mode, Canon printer connect: Have HP STREAM laptop, using Windows 10 "S" mode - purchased new, 2020 Have Canon Pixma G 3202 printer wireless - purchased new, 2020 Last week, and for months previously, I was able to print from my laptop. Now, I can not. I know, I know. All the previous community...
  9. Canon MG3520 muti printer, copier, scanner

Canon MG3520 muti printer, copier, scanner: Hello I am new to this but I need help I recently switched to windows 10 I down loaded windows scans app and it recognizes my scanner function and i can scan a document. But the problem is when I go to scan the next day I get a message to connect a scanner. How can it see...
  10. canon bjc2110 printer wont connect

canon bjc2110 printer wont connect: help fix my rinter and laptopp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-bjc2110-printer-wont-connect/7079be5e-9dd7-49f1-a309-2f24308662e1