Windows 10: How to connect desktop computer over USB-C to dock with video?

Discus and support How to connect desktop computer over USB-C to dock with video? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; How to connect desktop computer over USB-C cable to docking station with 2 monitors and LAN? Presently I have Lenovo 40AF0135EU dock but it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by robilong, Oct 8, 2020.

1. robilong Win User

How to connect desktop computer over USB-C to dock with video?

How to connect desktop computer over USB-C cable to docking station with 2 monitors and LAN?

Presently I have Lenovo 40AF0135EU dock but it doesn't work over desktop computer USB-C port.
    (Desktop board mobo Gigabyte B360M D3H s 1151 mATX)

Purpose is to minimize "travelling" desktop back panel cables to minimum.

There are google search results about USB-C DP alternative protocol, Thunderbolt and etc but getting a full picture has failed in one day.

Is there any add on card for desktop to connect to Lenovo 40AF0135EU over motherboard USB-C?
    Any compatible other USB 3 adapters to video?

Video 4k is not required.

:)

robilong, Oct 8, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Other World Computing Announces New USB-C Dock

Other World Computing (OWC), a leading zero emissions Mac and PC technology company, announced today the OWC USB-C Dock. Available for immediate pre-order, the new OWC USB-C Dock provides a complete connectivity solution for the 2015 Apple MacBook and other computers that utilize USB-C ports.

Available in Silver, Space Gray, and Gold, the OWC USB-C Dock provides eleven ports and enables essential everyday peripheral connectivity. Users will be able to charge devices, connect a display, add external storage, import photos from an SD card, utilize wired Gigabit Ethernet connections, connect their favorite audio accessories, and even power their MacBook, all through a single USB Type-C cable.

How to connect desktop computer over USB-C to dock with video? 120a_thm.jpg

The OWC USB-C Dock includes eleven ports for easy connectivity:
    • Five fully-powered USB 3.1 Generation 1 ports, including: two high-power USB Type-A ports for fast mobile device charging, two USB Type-A ports, and one USB Type-C port.
    • One full-speed Gigabit Ethernet port adds high-speed wired networking support for use when speed and stability are essential.
    • One HDMI port provides connectivity for an external display, including support up to 4K resolution.
    • One Secure Digital (SD) card reader to easily transfer photos, video or other content from an SD card.
    • Two audio ports, including audio in and audio out.
    • One USB-C port for connecting to your MacBook or other USB-C-enabled host machine.
    Power for your MacBook. And more.
    Included with every OWC USB-C Dock is an 80 watt power adapter. This is in contrast to other dock solutions relying on the power adapter that ships with the Apple MacBook, resulting in insufficient and unreliable power for many bus-powered USB peripherals. The included 80 watt adapter shipping with the OWC USB-C Dock is capable of powering not only the new MacBook but also all of the USB peripherals users will directly attach. As an added benefit, users can keep the original Apple MacBook 29 watt power supply in their bag for when they are on the go.

"...puts all other docks to shame."
    The OWC USB-C Dock has been developed by the same design team that developed the OWC Thunderbolt 2 Dock, which has been critically acclaimed by customers and product reviewers. Selected as a Finalist in the 2015 Stevie Awards, a premier business award program, the OWC Thunderbolt 2 Dock has a customer rating of 4.9/5.0. Derek Kessler, Managing Editor of Mobile Nations, stated "OWC's Thunderbolt 2 Dock puts all other docks to shame."

"The OWC USB-C Dock is at the cutting edge of technology and design, giving our customers the absolute most from their new MacBook with eleven high-performance ports and an impressive 80 watts of power," said Larry O'Connor, Founder and CEO, OWC. "USB 3.1 is an exciting new standard of connectivity, and I am very excited that OWC continues to deliver innovative solutions at the forefront of possibility, just like the all-new OWC USB-C Dock."

Availability and Pricing
    The OWC USB-C Dock is currently available for pre-order at this page. Delivery of the dock is scheduled for the fall of 2015. The OWC USB-C Dock is priced at $129.00 for a limited time during the pre-order period.

btarunr, Oct 8, 2020
  3. TRENDnet Introduces Compact USB-C HD Docking Station

TRENDnet, a global leader in reliable SMB and consumer networking and surveillance solutions, has announced it will introduce a Mini USB-C HD Docking Cube, model TUC-DS1. The compact USB-C docking station supports high-resolution HD video, and extends or mirrors your notebook's display.

TRENDnet's Mini USB-C HD Docking Cube allows you to connect multiple USB devices, and network your laptop all from a single cable. Easily manage multiple workstation devices such as USB storage, keyboard, mouse, printer, scanner, and HD monitor. Free up desk space with this compact USB-C docking station to make more room for what's really important to you.

Conveniently connect all your workstation devices to the Mini USB-C HD Docking Cube, and then connect your laptop or notebook directly to the docking station. The TUC-DS1 also includes a power delivery port to charge a USB-C notebook from the docking station.

TRENDnet's Mini USB-C HD Docking Cube, model TUC-DS1, will be available next week online on the TRENDnet Store, and worldwide via our authorized distribution and retail partners.

Mini USB-C HD Docking Cube, TUC-DS1
    • Up to 3840 x 2160 resolution at 30Hz
    • Gigabit Ethernet port
    • One USB 3.0 port and two USB 2.0 ports
    • HDMI audio support
    • Compatible with MHL supported Android devices with a USB-C interface
    • Supports Windows 10 Continuum mode
    • Supports Windows 10 and Mac operating systems
    • Product page: www.trendnet.com/store/products/TUC-DS1
    • MSRP: USD $99.99

Raevenlord, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Uplink10 Win User

DisplayLink Demonstrates USB-C Docking Experience That "Just Works"

I'm glad they finally cleared up that you could use USB 3.1 Type-A connector the same way you could use USB 3.1 Type-C connector. For a while they had me worried I could connect screen only to USB 3.1 Type-C port.

Just when I thought we will have only two connectors (Type-A and Type-C) they brought up Type-B connector. Instead of Type-B they should use Type-A connector which is as robust as Type-B.
    Well done, you screwed up again and now we will have 3 USB connectors in the future instead of 2.

Uplink10, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

1. How to connect desktop computer over USB-C to dock with video? - Similar Threads - connect desktop computer

2. USB C Docking Station HDMI connection not working on my MSI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB C Docking Station HDMI connection not working on my MSI: Hi,I am trying to connect 2 monitors to a MSI modern 14 C12M Computer but I connect a USB c docking station and the usb work correctly but it doesn't detect the hdmi connection.How I solve that?...
  3. USB C Docking Station HDMI connection not working on my MSI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB C Docking Station HDMI connection not working on my MSI: Hi,I am trying to connect 2 monitors to a MSI modern 14 C12M Computer but I connect a USB c docking station and the usb work correctly but it doesn't detect the hdmi connection.How I solve that?...
  4. No video output using USB C - Dell Dock – WD19S

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No video output using USB C - Dell Dock – WD19S: I just bought a new docking station upgrading from a d6000. I have a Dell laptop that is connected to the new docking station and outputting to three monitors just fine. I have a desktop with Windows 11 64 bit that I built myself but it's not outputting video to the three...
  5. No video output using USB C - Dell Dock – WD19S

No video output using USB C - Dell Dock – WD19S: I just bought a new docking station upgrading from a d6000. I have a Dell laptop that is connected to the new docking station and outputting to three monitors just fine. I have a desktop with Windows 11 64 bit that I built myself but it's not outputting video to the three...
  6. USB-C monitors connected to Dock doesn't work at login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C monitors connected to Dock doesn't work at login screen: I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T14 AMD and a Lenovo Thinkpad USB-C / Thunderbolt dock. The laptop ONLY has USB-C , NOT Thunderbolt. My issue is that the 2 monitors connected to the dock are not detected if i connect the dock before logging into Windows 10eg:1. Computer is...
  7. USB-C monitors connected to Dock doesn't work at login screen

USB-C monitors connected to Dock doesn't work at login screen: I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T14 AMD and a Lenovo Thinkpad USB-C / Thunderbolt dock. The laptop ONLY has USB-C , NOT Thunderbolt. My issue is that the 2 monitors connected to the dock are not detected if i connect the dock before logging into Windows 10eg:1. Computer is...
  8. USB-C monitors connected to Dock doesn't work at login screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Windows 10 PC with USB-C dock -- what drives the video?

Windows 10 PC with USB-C dock -- what drives the video?: if you have a windows 10 PC with a USB-C dock, what drives the video to the screen attached to the dock? there is an onboard video card and a separate nvidia card.any way to check / confirm?...
  10. USB-C docking station audio issues

USB-C docking station audio issues: Hi all, I'm stumped by this one. So I bought a USB-C docking station and everything works fine except the audio. When I plug my external speakers into the 3.5mm jack, they work fine. BUT, when I plug in an external monitor via HDMI, they no longer work - the audio defaults...