Windows 10: How to connect my Sony MiniDv camcorder to PC with Windows 10?

Discus and support How to connect my Sony MiniDv camcorder to PC with Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I connect my Sony DCR-HC14E camcorder to my Windows 10 PC using either firewire-USB connector the camera is not recognized. I have also tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dani_1984, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Dani_1984 Win User

How to connect my Sony MiniDv camcorder to PC with Windows 10?

When I connect my Sony DCR-HC14E camcorder to my Windows 10 PC using either firewire-USB connector the camera is not recognized. I have also tried to connect to the camera via Sony's "Play Memories" software and I can't get the camera recognized. How can I get the video on the tapes imported into my computer? Thanks.

:)

Dani_1984, Feb 22, 2021

2. PC not recognising my (old minidv) camcorder

Have connected an external camcorder and plugged into a usb port on my Windows 10 PC via firewire/usb cable. (My first attempt at capturing precious old family videos currently recorded on minidv). No camera showing in device manager, and nothing showing
    under 'imaging devices' other than my printer. Please help. Thanks!

JohnHicks50, Feb 22, 2021
  3. CrampyZY Win User
    Sony camcorder to windows 10

I have a Sony DCR-HC35 camcorder and a new Dell laptop with windows 10. The laptop cannot find the camcorder despite the USB connection. Do I need some sort of new driver to overcome any incompatibility issues?

CrampyZY, Feb 22, 2021
  4. FredBurke Win User

miniDV video transfer to PC

I have a lot of old miniDV tapes I want to store as digital files on my PC.
    How should I best connect my equally old Sony Handycam (Model DCR-HC42) to my Surface Pro 6?
    I shall be using 4-pin to 6-pin iEEE 1394 cable in the
    iLink output jack on the camcorder.

How do I get the signal from the 6-pin end of that cable into my Surface?

I also have another laptop as an option to use in this video transfer project.
    It is a Dell XPS 15 9570, and has more RAM and more SSD storage than the Surface.

Thank you

FredBurke, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

1. How to connect my Sony MiniDv camcorder to PC with Windows 10? - Similar Threads - connect Sony MiniDv

2. i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized: My 1394 i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized by Windows 10. It was working fine last week. I was able to capture video using Virtualdub. Now as of last week my camcorder is not recognized by Windows. I was using a 1394 adapter with the NEC controller and I...
  3. i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized: My 1394 i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized by Windows 10. It was working fine last week. I was able to capture video using Virtualdub. Now as of last week my camcorder is not recognized by Windows. I was using a 1394 adapter with the NEC controller and I...
  4. i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Importing video from Sony Camcorder to PC running Win10

Importing video from Sony Camcorder to PC running Win10: I have a Sony Camcorder model DCR-TRV17. It has an ILink output for connecting to PC 1394 port. I had to add a IEEE 1394 PCI-Express card to my PC to provide the necessary port. Hardware manager sees the new card, and says it is working properly. The PC sees the camera and...
  6. Importing video from Sony Camcorder to PC running Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Importing video from Sony Camcorder to PC running Win10: I have a Sony Camcorder model DCR-TRV17. It has an ILink output for connecting to PC 1394 port. I had to add a IEEE 1394 PCI-Express card to my PC to provide the necessary port. Hardware manager sees the new card, and says it is working properly. The PC sees the camera and...
  7. Importing video from Sony Camcorder to PC running Win10

8. Photos Video Editor with Sony camcorder fail

Photos Video Editor with Sony camcorder fail: I have imported 4 videos from a Sony camcorder into Photos several times. When the "show them" option is available not available every time it fails to find the videos it just imported. Also, I can't start a video project and bring them in from a file on the computer. Can you...
  9. PC not recognising my old minidv camcorder

PC not recognising my old minidv camcorder: Have connected an external camcorder and plugged into a usb port on my Windows 10 PC via firewire/usb cable. My first attempt at capturing precious old family videos currently recorded on minidv. No camera showing in device manager, and nothing showing under 'imaging devices'...
  10. How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my Sony Camcorder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my Sony Camcorder?: When I connect my Sony HDR-HC1 camcorder to my Windows 10 PC using either firewire or USB connectors the camera is not recognized. I have also tried to connect to the camera via Sony's "Play Memories" software and I can't get the camera recognized. I turn the camera on and I...