Windows 10: How to connect PS/2 Keyboard and mouse in Windows 10?!

Discus and support How to connect PS/2 Keyboard and mouse in Windows 10?! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, my keyboard and mouse are having PS/2 ports. When I insert it the sensor light at back of the mouse turn on but it doesn't move the cursor or say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hitesh Karna, Oct 20, 2020.

1. How to connect PS/2 Keyboard and mouse in Windows 10?!

So, my keyboard and mouse are having PS/2 ports. When I insert it the sensor light at back of the mouse turn on but it doesn't move the cursor or say it doesn't work but the power supply is okay, and with the keyboard it's the same it also when inserted gets power supply and Num Lock, Caps Lock Leds blink for 2 sec and then pause and blink again for 2 seconds but it also doesn't work and it is also just plugged so I want to know the steps to update the driver or any other method I can use to get my PS/2 keyboard and mouse working in my computer, I also have spare USB keyboard and mouse. Please help!!!

:)

Hitesh Karna, Oct 20, 2020
  2. dave_- Win User

PS/2 keyboard and mouse troubles

Hello,

My PS/2 keyboard was acting up, every time I pressed the left 'ctrl' key, it had opened up the file explorer. That is no longer my problem.

I, thinking I was the smart one, decided to go to the Device Manager and try to sort this out myself. Well, I made a huge mistake. Under where it says "Keyboards" I had 'accidentally' told it to delete my PS/2 keyboard from the devices list! Now, no PS/2
    device will work, no mouse or keyboard or anything! I'm forced to use a USB keyboard, which I don't like, as that PS/2 keyboard was my favorite. It was the best keyboard I had ever used.

No PS/2 keyboard or mouse will work on my system at all now, not even in BIOS. I've tried everything I could think of, and I still haven't managed to fix it.

How to connect PS/2 Keyboard and mouse in Windows 10?! bebd4b67-3f4f-452a-a743-64be2eef878a.png

Thank you all for help!

dave_-, Oct 20, 2020
  3. ps/2 keyboard not working after Windows 10 update

I ran the keyboard troubleshooter twice, with the USB keyboard connected and with it unplugged, with the same result: "Troubleshooting has completed - No changes or updates were necessary." I then ran Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. It came up with
    a list showing ps/2 mouse and standard ps/2 keyboard. I clicked on keyboard with result: "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem."

RaymondFrenkel, Oct 20, 2020
  4. How to connect PS/2 Keyboard and mouse in Windows 10?!

I put PS/2 or USB mouse / keyboard but Do Not work

1. Press WINDOWS + X

2. Click on "Device Manager"

3. Click on "View"

3. Click on "Show hidden device"

To use mouse must connect the one wireless can work with PC

when connect and PS/2 mouse - how recognize PS/2 from wireless mouse[use usb stick wireless+wireless mouse/keyboard] ... ?

also same but usb keyboard [not working] - how recognize from wireless keyboard... ?

if fixed this and wanted to sell PC - but without selling wireless items
    ... should work from now with any PS/2 or usb mice / keyboards... ?

Lse123polis, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

How to connect PS/2 Keyboard and mouse in Windows 10?!

1. How to connect PS/2 Keyboard and mouse in Windows 10?! - Similar Threads - connect Keyboard mouse

2. how to use ps/2 compatible mouse driver instead of Microsoft ps/2 mouse driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to use ps/2 compatible mouse driver instead of Microsoft ps/2 mouse driver?: O have Logitech ps/2 mouse which works fine normally with the Microsoft ps/2 mouse driver but while gaming I have to move the mouse really fast so the cursor doesn't works fine as it should. It stutters a lot when randomly moving it fast for better aiming. I tried to update...
  3. Does Windows 10 support PS/2 type keyboards mouses?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows 10 support PS/2 type keyboards mouses?: Can I install windows 10 on ,*coure2duo processor*2GB Ram*ps2 keyboard and mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-10-support-ps2-type-keyboards-mouses/e72c7f51-51ac-46db-b698-b5b2f697bab4
  4. Does Windows 10 support PS/2 type keyboards mouses?

Does Windows 10 support PS/2 type keyboards mouses?: Can I install windows 10 on ,*coure2duo processor*2GB Ram*ps2 keyboard and mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-10-support-ps2-type-keyboards-mouses/e72c7f51-51ac-46db-b698-b5b2f697bab4
  5. Does Windows 10 support PS/2 type keyboards mouses?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Does Windows 10 support PS/2 type keyboards mouse?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows 10 support PS/2 type keyboards mouse?: Can I install windows 10 on ,*coure2duo processor*2GB Ram*ps2 keyboard and mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-10-support-ps2-type-keyboards-mouse/e72c7f51-51ac-46db-b698-b5b2f697bab4
  7. Does Windows 10 support PS/2 type keyboards mouse?

Does Windows 10 support PS/2 type keyboards mouse?: Can I install windows 10 on ,*coure2duo processor*2GB Ram*ps2 keyboard and mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-10-support-ps2-type-keyboards-mouse/e72c7f51-51ac-46db-b698-b5b2f697bab4
  8. PS/2 Mouse Shows Plugged In But No PS/2 Mouse Being Used

in Windows 10 Customization
    PS/2 Mouse Shows Plugged In But No PS/2 Mouse Being Used: I have an HP Envy laptop, using the newest version of Windows 10. Having mouse problems, so I tried to uninstall and re-install the mouse. Device Manager shows 2 mice...a PS/2 version, and on that just says HID Compliant. When I unplug the USB dongle, the HID Compliant...
  9. PS/2 Mouse

PS/2 Mouse: Hello, I have 2 PS/2 mouses. A Logitech TrackMan Vista and a Logitech TrackMan Marble FX. But they just won't work on my desktop (My desktop has a PS/2 port, so i just plug them in my PS/2 port). I tried al the sulutions that i found on the internet but none will work....
  10. Exlamation Point next to ps/2 mouse and keyboard

Exlamation Point next to ps/2 mouse and keyboard: In device manager, when going to the view tab and clicking show hidden devices I have exclamation points next to Standard PS/2 Keyboard and Microsoft PS/2 Mouse. I can uninstall, but after reboot they appear again. My motherboard does not even have PS/2 outlets, only USB....