Windows 10: How to connect surface pro as an extended display with touch and pen options?

Discus and support How to connect surface pro as an extended display with touch and pen options? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi Team,Step 1 I extend my display by connecting to wireless display.Step 2 my extended display but doesn’t allow the touch screen or pointer or pen on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ad_sun, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Ad_sun Win User

How to connect surface pro as an extended display with touch and pen options?

Hi Team,Step 1 I extend my display by connecting to wireless display.Step 2 my extended display but doesn’t allow the touch screen or pointer or pen on it.I couldn’t do that after I upgraded the laptop from windows 10 to 11. FYI – the extend option used to see my surface/tablet as PC in Windows 10, but now just as display in Windows 11. I’ve been using the surface screen along with its pen like a white board for illustrations in Teams meetings and am missing my hand now. Appreciate any help.

:)

Ad_sun, Dec 6, 2023
  2. Ad_sun Win User

How to make the pen work in extended Surface Pro display for Windows 11?

Hi MS Team,

I extend my laptop display to connect a surface pro which works but my pen doesn't work like it used to after windows 11 upgrade.

In windows 10, surface pro was seen as a tablet (PC), but in windows 11, it's just seen as a display.

I enabled the tick box to allow pointing devices and pen etc, but no joy.

What am I missing and how to get the pen to work again like it did in windows 10.

Any support would be grand.

Kind regards,

Adal

Ad_sun, Dec 6, 2023
  3. Surface Pro 6 pen and multi touch driver problem?

Refering to Surface Pro 6

ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz 2.11 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch Pen and touch support with 10 touch points

Surface Pen flat edge single side butoon and top button

with

Windows 11 Pro

Version 22H2

OS build 22621.1485

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22639.1000.0

Issue

When using Krita (drawing) and Journal and OneNote and other products intermittently Pen and multi-touch have been stopping. Bluetooth Devices shows the Pen remains connected. The top button shortcut works. Using the Surface Diagnostics Toolkit it shows that multi touch is faulty. I have found a discussion (Reddit - Dive into anything) that indicates this is related to the Intel Graphics UHD 620.

The current driver is identified as 27.20.100.8681 dated 05/09/2020

Looking at the support for dirvers etc. (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-history-1c611758-6d57-0a45-047b-ac358460033d) it is not possible to identify which specific driver is provided as they appear to be grouped together.

I have updated etc via Windows update.

Questions

The latest download via the Intel Website indicates Version: 31.0.101.2115 Date: 12/29/2022.

1. Has anyone used this version on a similar SP 6 device?
    2. What might be the problems?
    3. Any other advice thoughts suggestions ?
    Many thanks in advance for any support provided - A

Adrian. C.Halnan, Dec 6, 2023
  4. How to connect surface pro as an extended display with touch and pen options?

Rise of Nations Extended edition in Surface pro 4 - Touch not working

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons why your pen or touch does not work on the menu items on the game Rise of Nations Extended edition. One of which is having a compatibility issue with the game and device. To help you resolve this concern, we need to gather
    more details. Kindly verify the following:

• Is this the first time you are playing the game Rise of Nations on your Surface pro 4?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue with your other games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

Wilfred Mac, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

How to connect surface pro as an extended display with touch and pen options?

1. How to connect surface pro as an extended display with touch and pen options? - Similar Threads - connect surface pro

2. How to connect surface pro as an extended display with touch and pen options?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to connect surface pro as an extended display with touch and pen options?: Hi Team,Step 1 I extend my display by connecting to wireless display.Step 2 my extended display but doesn’t allow the touch screen or pointer or pen on it.I couldn’t do that after I upgraded the laptop from windows 10 to 11. FYI – the extend option used to see my...
  3. How to make the pen work in extended Surface Pro display for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make the pen work in extended Surface Pro display for Windows 11?: Hi MS Team,I extend my laptop display to connect a surface pro which works but my pen doesn't work like it used to after windows 11 upgrade.In windows 10, surface pro was seen as a tablet PC, but in windows 11, it's just seen as a display.I enabled the tick box to allow...
  4. How to make the pen work in extended Surface Pro display for Windows 11?

How to make the pen work in extended Surface Pro display for Windows 11?: Hi MS Team,I extend my laptop display to connect a surface pro which works but my pen doesn't work like it used to after windows 11 upgrade.In windows 10, surface pro was seen as a tablet PC, but in windows 11, it's just seen as a display.I enabled the tick box to allow...
  5. Surface Pro 6 pen and multi touch driver problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 6 pen and multi touch driver problem?: Refering to Surface Pro 6ProcessorIntelR CoreTM i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz 2.11 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch Pen and touch support with 10 touch pointsSurface Pen flat edge single side butoon and top...
  6. Surface Pro 6 pen and multi touch driver problem?

Surface Pro 6 pen and multi touch driver problem?: Refering to Surface Pro 6ProcessorIntelR CoreTM i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz 2.11 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch Pen and touch support with 10 touch pointsSurface Pen flat edge single side butoon and top...
  7. How to trick Windows 10 Pro that there is a pen/touch input available for the display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to trick Windows 10 Pro that there is a pen/touch input available for the display: In short, here's what I'm trying to do:1. Use my personal pc remotely from another device Surface Pro2. Use the touch screen capabilities of my Surface Pro to write in OneNote on my personal pc.In long, here's what I'm trying to do:1. I am a math/computers teacher and am...
  8. How to trick Windows 10 Pro that there is a pen/touch input available for the display

How to trick Windows 10 Pro that there is a pen/touch input available for the display: In short, here's what I'm trying to do:1. Use my personal pc remotely from another device Surface Pro2. Use the touch screen capabilities of my Surface Pro to write in OneNote on my personal pc.In long, here's what I'm trying to do:1. I am a math/computers teacher and am...
  9. Pen tablet not working on extended display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pen tablet not working on extended display: I am a 3d artist and I have to use pen tablet on a regular basis. I use 2 monitors as extended displays. Recently I upgraded my windows to win 11. Now the problem is my pen tab doesn't work on the secondary display, it's working on on the primary monitor. I have tried...
  10. How to disable Pen and Touch actions on Microsoft Surface

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Pen and Touch actions on Microsoft Surface: [ATTACH]Microsoft Surface offers a touch screen along with support for Pen. However, not everyone […] This article How to disable Pen and Touch actions on Microsoft Surface first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...