Windows 10: How to connect the laptop display via HDMI to the TV?

Discus and support How to connect the laptop display via HDMI to the TV? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How to connect the laptop display via HDMI to the TV?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RodChristenson, Mar 30, 2019.

1. How to connect the laptop display via HDMI to the TV?

How to connect the laptop display via HDMI to the TV?

:)

RodChristenson, Mar 30, 2019
  2. ThundaBG Win User

Laptop not recognizing TV through HDMI connection

Hello everyone!

First I do apologize if this is not the correct section for this thread.

I've had issues connecting my laptop to TV for the past day. Connection is done through an HDMI cable. Connection was good up until it randomly turned off itself while playing a game. There have been no hardware or software changes whatsoever that would affect it.

TV is SAMSUNG, Model: UE32J4000AW. Laptop info is available in My PC Specs. (laptop is brand new, week or two old)

Here's what I've tried so far:

• 3 different HDMI cables
    • switching between ports on TV
    • tried all projection options on Laptop
    • Disable / Enable both Intel and Nvidia drivers
    • Rollback Intel GPU driver and installed it back to latest version
    • Re-installed Nvidia driver
    • Restarted PC and TV
    • Scan for hardware changes through Device Manager
    • Checked Intel and Nvidia control panels - there were no available options
    • Apparently both HDMI ports on the TV work as I tried them with a tv box.

I think that's all I've tried so far, will add anything else if missed. Open to suggestions.

ThundaBG, Mar 30, 2019
  3. Connecting laptop to tv

Hi Ro,

There might be a configuration in your TV that we need to change to resolve this . For better assistance, we would like to gather more information:

• When you connected the HDMI to the TV, what source/display option did you choose?
    • Have you tried connecting the HDMI cable to a different TV/monitor?
    • Have you tried using a different HDMI cable to connect your computer and TV?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Mar 30, 2019
  4. How to connect the laptop display via HDMI to the TV?

Connecting laptop running windows 10 to hdtv with hdmi

I'm not very tech savvy.

• I know how to run the HDMI cable between laptop and tv.
    • I know how to set my tv to use correct HDMI port.
    What I need to know is how I tell my laptop to recognize my tv and configure it to use my tv as a monitor.

Anyone that can tell me step by step how to do this in windows 10?

Thanks.

Edit 11:43 PM

Thanks for all the help. Hooked up the HDMI cable, plugged tv back in, started laptop up, switched the tv to correct HDMI port and viola...there was my laptop start screen on my tv! Didn't have to do anything but make a few display
    adjustments!

Thanks again, everyone.

MaryAnnBova, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

How to connect the laptop display via HDMI to the TV?

1. How to connect the laptop display via HDMI to the TV? - Similar Threads - connect laptop display

2. Lenovo desktop to TV connection via hdmi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo desktop to TV connection via hdmi: My Lenovo desktop runs the word "lenovo" on switching on then a bluescreen follows after connecting to my TV using a hdmi, but other desktops are working fine on my TV. My desktop still works on another TV but not on my own TV. Kindly help....
  3. Lenovo desktop to TV connection via hdmi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo desktop to TV connection via hdmi: My Lenovo desktop runs the word "lenovo" on switching on then a bluescreen follows after connecting to my TV using a hdmi, but other desktops are working fine on my TV. My desktop still works on another TV but not on my own TV. Kindly help....
  4. connecting to display via HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connecting to display via HDMI: I am using my ASUS laptop for the past 1 and 1/2 years I used to connect to my display to watch anything on a bigger screen suddenly after a windows update, I am not able to connect to my display it had been nearly 8 months I am not able to connect to my display if I try with...
  5. connection to tv via hdmi isnt working

connection to tv via hdmi isnt working: I have tried both of the hdmi ports on my tv to my computer but it hasnt worked, the hdmi cord is brand new when I ask the computer to search for the device it says it cant detect it even though the tv is on the correct port is it the hdmi cable or is it something else?...
  6. Display a desktop PC on a smart TV via HDMI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display a desktop PC on a smart TV via HDMI: Hi! I was wondering if someone could help me with the following issue: When my PC is plugged into my smart TV via HDMI, the TV does not display the PC. However, if before turning on the PC, I plug the PC into a monitor via Displayport, and keep the HDMI between the PC and...
  7. laptop not connecting to tv via hdmi after update

laptop not connecting to tv via hdmi after update: it connects sometimes but when i start a movie it disconects https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-connecting-to-tv-via-hdmi-after-update/e2ed1534-e6e1-416f-ae75-3de35ab92050
  8. How to connect Windows 10 Laptop to TV or Projector via HDMI

in Windows 10 News
    How to connect Windows 10 Laptop to TV or Projector via HDMI: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Connecting a Windows Laptop to TV or a Projector is usually straight forward. However, it might be a bit of a learning curve for those who are planning to do it for the first time. In this post, we will [...] This post How to connect Windows 10 Laptop to TV...
  9. PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable: I have connected my Tablet PC to my smart TV with the correct cable but have so far not got them working together. On the TV I have enabled HDMI and selected the right port, but have not found any relevant settings on the PC. Plus the advice I have found online has not...
  10. Can't connect PC to TV via HDMI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't connect PC to TV via HDMI: When I connect them the PC doesn't even detect it, and the TV just says no signal, even though I allowed it in the TV settings. My video card is a Gigabyte GeForce GT 710 with the latest drivers installed and it supports the resolution of the TV. Also, it says PC Input on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. program smart tv using laptop and hdmi