Windows 10: How to connect to a new Wi-Fi connection?

Discus and support How to connect to a new Wi-Fi connection? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I need to connect my desktop to windows 10 with a new wi fi user name and password ***Modified title from: I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by michael P.Nicolai, Feb 23, 2020.

1. How to connect to a new Wi-Fi connection?

Split from this thread.​

I need to connect my desktop to windows 10 with a new wi fi user name and password

***Modified title from: I need to connect my desktop to windows 10 with a new wi fi user name and password***

:)

michael P.Nicolai, Feb 23, 2020
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Amadeus51 Win User
    No wi-fi connection

I found the restore points and went back to last month, when the Wi-Fi was still working. I reconnected the router. The control panel says the connection is secure and connected when I tried to get online via wireless rather than DSL, but the icon on the bottom is still the DSL one. Do I have to disconnect the DSL cable in order to use the Wi-Fi or does it matter? The control panel lists both internet connections.

Amadeus51, Feb 23, 2020
  4. allant51 Win User

How to connect to a new Wi-Fi connection?

wi fi connection

After windows 1903 update I don't have any wi fi connection or icon showing and have tried many suggestions on how to get it, but none have worked.

Can you provide a step by step instruction on how to get wi fi icon and network.

allant51, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

How to connect to a new Wi-Fi connection?

1. How to connect to a new Wi-Fi connection? - Similar Threads - connect connection

2. Connecting to applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to applications: Is anyone else suddenly having difficulty connecting to their applications when plugging their laptops into a monitor. I'm suddenly not able to access apps like Teams and my Excel has gotten all buggy. I'm having the same issue on multiple different docks. Please advise....
  3. Connecting to applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting to applications: Is anyone else suddenly having difficulty connecting to their applications when plugging their laptops into a monitor. I'm suddenly not able to access apps like Teams and my Excel has gotten all buggy. I'm having the same issue on multiple different docks. Please advise....
  4. why is my laptop not picking up my phone. when i have it connected threw hdmi? how can i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my laptop not picking up my phone. when i have it connected threw hdmi? how can i...: why is my laptop not picking up my phone. when i have it connected threw hdmi? how can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-laptop-not-picking-up-my-phone-when-i/98b971c4-a2ef-41be-aecf-953e0f859b9f
  5. why is my laptop not picking up my phone. when i have it connected threw hdmi? how can i...

why is my laptop not picking up my phone. when i have it connected threw hdmi? how can i...: why is my laptop not picking up my phone. when i have it connected threw hdmi? how can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-laptop-not-picking-up-my-phone-when-i/98b971c4-a2ef-41be-aecf-953e0f859b9f
  6. pdate sitiator Click-t ort ort Cont are Shac ge Space The Network Connected Devices...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pdate sitiator Click-t ort ort Cont are Shac ge Space The Network Connected Devices...: The Network Connected Devices Auto-Setup service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs....
  7. pdate sitiator Click-t ort ort Cont are Shac ge Space The Network Connected Devices...

pdate sitiator Click-t ort ort Cont are Shac ge Space The Network Connected Devices...: The Network Connected Devices Auto-Setup service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs....
  8. pdate sitiator Click-t ort ort Cont are Shac ge Space The Network Connected Devices...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Wireless Display Adapter v2 not connecting on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Display Adapter v2 not connecting on Windows 11: My Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter v2 is not connecting to my television from my new Acer Laptop with Windows 11. However, I am able to connect it to my television from my old surface with Windows 10.Is the adapter compatible with Windows 11, or is it something else that I...
  10. Wireless Display Adapter v2 not connecting on Windows 11

Wireless Display Adapter v2 not connecting on Windows 11: My Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter v2 is not connecting to my television from my new Acer Laptop with Windows 11. However, I am able to connect it to my television from my old surface with Windows 10.Is the adapter compatible with Windows 11, or is it something else that I...