Windows 10: How to connect to Android SmartPhone by WiFi? mount drive in File Exp?

Discus and support How to connect to Android SmartPhone by WiFi? mount drive in File Exp? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As far as I know there is a way to connect from Win10 system directly to an Android SmartPhone through Wifi. The Android system should be mounted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pstein, Oct 21, 2019.

1. pstein Win User

How to connect to Android SmartPhone by WiFi? mount drive in File Exp?

As far as I know there is a way to connect from Win10 system directly to an Android SmartPhone through Wifi.

The Android system should be mounted (=visible) afterwards as drive in Win10 File Explorer.

How can I achieve this?

Peter

:)

pstein, Oct 21, 2019
  2. YakovL Win User

How to mount an Android smartphone as a drive in Windows?

So some smartphones are mounted as.. I don't even know how to call it.. a device, see the screenshot below. The problem is this is no drive, so I can't go there in cmd (can I?) and do other stuff.

(particularly now I'd like to recover some files that were lost when I cut them on the smartphone, navigated to another folder on my PC and pasted there; I encounter this bug for the second time, although failed to make it reproducible; again, Recuva doesn't recognize the device, see the second screenshot)

My question is: can I mount such device as a drive? What is this situation and why some devices are mounted as drives while others are not?

(I've tried also to enable USB-debugging mode on the smartphone, but that didn't help, although when enabled, safe ejection is required)

How to connect to Android SmartPhone by WiFi? mount drive in File Exp? c95qe.png

How to connect to Android SmartPhone by WiFi? mount drive in File Exp? bhqKo.png

PS for those interested, currently I use WebDAV server app for some operations like OscarAkaElvis suggested, but for now, it has the following drawbacks:

• drive letter mapping is to be done per WiFi network. That's a Windows problem, not sure if this can be simplified
    • namely WebDAV server doesn't work for me in the password-protected mode
    • some operations are slow: for instance, calling tree in cmd with output to a file for several tens of folders and 1.5K files tree took ~10 minutes

YakovL, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Error mounting .ISO files in Windows 10

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are having issues mounting ISO files on your Windows 10 Home computer. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried mounting the ISO files on another computer?
    • Have you tried copying the ISO file to your desktop and mount it from there?
    • Do you have a CD/DVD drive installed on your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Oct 21, 2019
  4. How to connect to Android SmartPhone by WiFi? mount drive in File Exp?

How to mount an Android smartphone as a drive in Windows?

If you want to have a drive with letter you should install some software. Look at this

Anyway, to perform single copies of files in windows I guess you know hoy. Anyway I'll put here how:

After plugin it, usually it needs another interaction more to be done in phone's side. You can drop down the push events and select there to mount your phone as a drive (MTP/PTP), you can select also only to charge power on phone.

It depends of your android version. Here are a couple of images of what I'm talking about:

How to connect to Android SmartPhone by WiFi? mount drive in File Exp? [​IMG]

How to connect to Android SmartPhone by WiFi? mount drive in File Exp? [​IMG]

OscarAkaElvis, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

How to connect to Android SmartPhone by WiFi? mount drive in File Exp?

1. How to connect to Android SmartPhone by WiFi? mount drive in File Exp? - Similar Threads - connect Android SmartPhone

2. Transfering Android smartphone file on windows 10 pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfering Android smartphone file on windows 10 pc: PC recognized android smartphone but if i copied one of my smartphone folder in my PC i obtained the only the copy of empty folder but not the content. Can you help me?Thanks.Lore...
  3. Transfering Android smartphone file on windows 10 pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfering Android smartphone file on windows 10 pc: PC recognized android smartphone but if i copied one of my smartphone folder in my PC i obtained the only the copy of empty folder but not the content. Can you help me?Thanks.Lore...
  4. connecting smartphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connecting smartphone: Hello.I noticed the last d ays that when connecting via usb my smarpthone to laptop appears the window in the next screenshot.What is it?Did not appear at the past until now.Ι change some setting by mistake?How can stop it?...
  5. connecting smartphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    connecting smartphone: Hello.I noticed the last d ays that when connecting via usb my smarpthone to laptop appears the window in the next screenshot.What is it?Did not appear at the past until now.Ι change some setting by mistake?How can stop it?...
  6. Can't connect Android smartphone to PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't connect Android smartphone to PC: Dear support, I am running Windows 10 Pro N Version 20H2, OS Build 19042.746 on my PC. When I connect my smartphone Android 10, it does not show up in my Windows Explorer. In the Device Manager under "Other Devices" i can see that my MTP driver is not installed. I get the...
  7. mounting an Android phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mounting an Android phone: I attached my smart phone via USB to Windows 10 system. I want to use a tool to compare the files on a directory. But when I specify the directory that I copied from Windows Explorer, the tool does not like the format. I specified: This PC\moto g7 supra\Internal...
  8. How to charge an android smartphone from USB hub?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to charge an android smartphone from USB hub?: My wife wants a USB hub for her 5 year old desktop PC (running Win 10). She also has a Samsung A70 phone which I understand has a ‘C-port’ and would like to occasionally charge it from the PC. I’m reasonably knowledgeable about iOS but certainly not Android or C-ports etc, so...
  9. Unable to connect Android smartphone via USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to connect Android smartphone via USB: Since the latest Windows update I haven’t been able to connect my SAMSUNG Mobile USB Remote NDIS Network Device I received a message that "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56)" Updating drivers didn't help here. How to sort it out?...
  10. Pixel 2 smartphone can't connect to the wifi repeater internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pixel 2 smartphone can't connect to the wifi repeater internet: I own a Wi-Fi repeater to which other smartphones and my wife's MacBook can connect to and have internet access. But on my Pixel 2, while I can connect to repeater wifi network I get the warning "connected, no internet access". Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks In...