Windows 10: How to connect to internet using ethernet hard wired

Discus and support How to connect to internet using ethernet hard wired in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just purchased a new computer and I need to connect it directly to my modem and not Wi-Fi. Which steps should I take to configure my network?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dbo3256, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Dbo3256 Win User

How to connect to internet using ethernet hard wired

I just purchased a new computer and I need to connect it directly to my modem and not Wi-Fi. Which steps should I take to configure my network?

:)

Dbo3256, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Paul0o0o0 Win User

Ethernet disrupts Internet connection for both wired and WiFi

How to connect to internet using ethernet hard wired [​IMG]

How to connect to internet using ethernet hard wired [​IMG]

Paul0o0o0, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Windows 10 and internet connection

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Since you are able to connect to the internet wirelessly it is just the wires connection which has issues.

It could be either wire which has problems or Ethernet port.

Before you change either of these I suggest you to try the following steps:

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

a. In search Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the search box and hit Enter.

c. Select “View all” option from the left panel.

d. Select “Internet Connections” from the list and follow On-screen instructions.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jun 30, 2020
  4. cj5466 Win User

With new Windows/10 update my PC will not connect to internet using ethernet wire.

With new Windows/10 update my PC will not connect to internet using ethernet wire.

Is there a simple Microsoft fix I can use on my PC so I can return to using the internet via my ethernet wire?

Thanks for any help.

cj5466, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

1. How to connect to internet using ethernet hard wired - Similar Threads - connect internet using

2. wired Internet connects successfully, but it can's use the Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wired Internet connects successfully, but it can's use the Internet: wired Internet connects successfully, but it can't use the Internet.WiFi is able to use the Internet.I have tried the modify ipv4 to get the relative code automatically, reboot the modem with router and reset the Internet. Unfortunately, all approaches failed....
  3. wired Internet connects successfully, but it can's use the Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wired Internet connects successfully, but it can's use the Internet: wired Internet connects successfully, but it can't use the Internet.WiFi is able to use the Internet.I have tried the modify ipv4 to get the relative code automatically, reboot the modem with router and reset the Internet. Unfortunately, all approaches failed....
  4. Use LTE for internet will ethernet is connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use LTE for internet will ethernet is connected: Which are the steps i have to make in order to use LTE for internet while ethernet is connected for docking to my car?I use Windows 11 Version 22H2.Thank you....
  5. Use LTE for internet will ethernet is connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use LTE for internet will ethernet is connected: Which are the steps i have to make in order to use LTE for internet while ethernet is connected for docking to my car?I use Windows 11 Version 22H2.Thank you....
  6. Wired Ethernet Periodically Loses Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wired Ethernet Periodically Loses Connection: Hi Guys, I've got a really weird issue with my computer. Relevant specs: CPU: R9 3900X Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Max Winver: 19041.572 Every day my computers ethernet connection cuts out. The icon in the bottom right goes from Attachment 304577 to Attachment 304578...
  7. No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless

No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless: I have a Windows 10 desktop that will not connect to the Internet either wired Ethernet or wireless. It previously connected fine through a D-Link DWA-140 USB wireless adapter. I swapped the adapter to an identical machine and it worked fine. I plugged in a known working...
  8. With new Windows/10 update my PC will not connect to internet using ethernet wire.

With new Windows/10 update my PC will not connect to internet using ethernet wire.: With new Windows/10 update my PC will not connect to internet using ethernet wire. Is there a simple Microsoft fix I can use on my PC so I can return to using the internet via my ethernet wire? Thanks for any help....
  9. Ethernet disrupts Internet connection for both wired and WiFi

Ethernet disrupts Internet connection for both wired and WiFi: I've been having increasingly worse internet connectivity issues for a while now. I bought a new computer and it was fixed for about 2 years, but then it started again, exactly as before. Recently it became so bad (and no advice from the internet would work) that I bought a...
  10. Partial loss of internet connectivity through wired Ethernet...

Partial loss of internet connectivity through wired Ethernet...: For reasons unknown, I have suddenly lost internet connectivity for most applications in Windows 10. Firefox gives me the "Server not found" message and Edge gives me "Hmm, we can't reach this page" for every website. If I run Windows Update, it states, "We couldn't...