Windows 10: How to connect to local printer while logged into Windows with Office 365 account?

Discus and support How to connect to local printer while logged into Windows with Office 365 account? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just setup a new Windows 10 PC and was hoping to use an Office 365 account to log into the PC instead of a local domain account. The problem is that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EdwardLee, Jan 8, 2019.

1. EdwardLee Win User

How to connect to local printer while logged into Windows with Office 365 account?

Just setup a new Windows 10 PC and was hoping to use an Office 365 account to log into the PC instead of a local domain account. The problem is that I can't connect to printers that are shared on the local network. The shared printers are on a Windows 2008 R2 server.

I have at least one other PC that is not joined to the domain but which is able to print. However, I set this up a few years ago and can't remember how. How to connect to local printer while logged into Windows with Office 365 account? :)

Any advice on how to let this PC connect to local printers while logged into Windows with an Office 365 account?

Thanks!

:)

EdwardLee, Jan 8, 2019

2. Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Jan 8, 2019
  3. GenXX Win User
    Logging into Windows 10 with Office 365 Account

I recently wiped a computer at work and reinstalled Windows 10. For the first time, I utilized the sign into work option to set up this computer for an Office 365 user. for a local account, I was able to set up the user as just a user and not an administrator
    for the machine. I am not sure how to achieve this when they are logging into the computer with their Office 365 account. I work for a small local charity and any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

GenXX, Jan 8, 2019
  4. How to connect to local printer while logged into Windows with Office 365 account?

Change Device MS ID to Office 365 ID

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us.

To switch the email user account at first you need to convert the current Microsoft account to local account and try log-in with Office 365 ID. Follow the below steps.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.
    • Click on Your email and accounts and click on
      Sign-in with a local account instead.
    • Enter the password, click on Next and follow the onscreen instruction to convert into local account.
    Once the user account is converted to the local account, you can convert the local account to Microsoft account using Office 365.

Hope this help. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

How to connect to local printer while logged into Windows with Office 365 account?

1. How to connect to local printer while logged into Windows with Office 365 account? - Similar Threads - connect local printer

2. Logging on to Windows with organizational Office 365 account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging on to Windows with organizational Office 365 account: I had already activated and signed in to Windows 11 on a Microsoft account @outlook.com. Then I received an organizational account with an Office 365 subscription the account is a @.edu email.Since the 365 is under a different account, Windows is nagging me to sign up for 365...
  3. Logging on to Windows with organizational Office 365 account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logging on to Windows with organizational Office 365 account: I had already activated and signed in to Windows 11 on a Microsoft account @outlook.com. Then I received an organizational account with an Office 365 subscription the account is a @.edu email.Since the 365 is under a different account, Windows is nagging me to sign up for 365...
  4. How to log in to local Windows account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to log in to local Windows account?: It started when the touchscreen of my Lenovo Yoga laptop completely stopped working. After following every tutorial and advice on the internet, in vain, I gave up and tried to reset Windows to a former date. It took 45 mins just to do that and then, while my laptop was in the...
  5. How to log in to local Windows account?

How to log in to local Windows account?: It started when the touchscreen of my Lenovo Yoga laptop completely stopped working. After following every tutorial and advice on the internet, in vain, I gave up and tried to reset Windows to a former date. It took 45 mins just to do that and then, while my laptop was in the...
  6. How to log in to local Windows account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Change from local account or local configuration without Microsoft account to Office 365...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change from local account or local configuration without Microsoft account to Office 365...: I have Windows 10 with local configuration without personal Microsoft account and, in "Access work or school", I logged in with my company's account.:My big problem is that, now, I would like to switch my local account to my work access account office 365. Is there a way to...
  8. Change from local account or local configuration without Microsoft account to Office 365...

Change from local account or local configuration without Microsoft account to Office 365...: I have Windows 10 with local configuration without personal Microsoft account and, in "Access work or school", I logged in with my company's account.:My big problem is that, now, I would like to switch my local account to my work access account office 365. Is there a way to...
  9. Change from local account or local configuration without Microsoft account to Office 365...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. office 365 account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    office 365 account: I want to add a computer to my office 365 account. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-365-account/976e110e-fae8-43ab-9520-8b38d37744ac"