Windows 10: How to connect to local WiFi?

Discus and support How to connect to local WiFi? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 desktops running Windows 10, one a 32-bit the other a 64-bit. Unlike the 32-bit, the 64-bit settings/network&internet/Wireless Network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by thomasdeane1, Sep 29, 2020.

1. How to connect to local WiFi?

I have 2 desktops running Windows 10, one a 32-bit the other a 64-bit.

Unlike the 32-bit, the 64-bit settings/network&internet/Wireless Network Connection will not let me see/add a local wireless connection the 32-bit does let me do this.

Can somebody walk me through this?

:)

thomasdeane1, Sep 29, 2020
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Sep 29, 2020
  4. simrick Win User

How to connect to local WiFi?

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

How to connect to local WiFi?

1. How to connect to local WiFi? - Similar Threads - connect local WiFi

2. how to connect wifi to adpter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to connect wifi to adpter: how to connect wifi to adpter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-wifi-to-adpter/bcdddcb4-9160-4d67-9ba4-700f003d334e
  3. how to connect wifi to adpter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to connect wifi to adpter: how to connect wifi to adpter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-wifi-to-adpter/bcdddcb4-9160-4d67-9ba4-700f003d334e
  4. How to connect wifi company

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect wifi company: My wifi is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-wifi-company/f0b7280e-bb7d-4e13-999e-a5f01b523e27
  5. How to connect to 5ghz wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect to 5ghz wifi: Hi,Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I can't find an answer to the specific problem that I have. My PC can't connect to 5Ghz WIFI, only 2.4. In my WIFI adapters advanced properties, the first three properties are 802.11d, 802.11n channel width for 2.4GHz, and...
  6. No Internet Connections, No Local WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet Connections, No Local WiFi: I had an open thread which I have now abandoned, as it had become too confused due to my complete lack of knowledge about what the problems really were and how to solve them. Now that I have at least a somewhat improved knowledge of what does work and does not, herewith that...
  7. How to connect WiFi adapter

How to connect WiFi adapter: I'm not very computer literate, so simple language please! Like others, I have suddenly lost WiFi internet access on my PC (Windows 10). I get No Available Networks. Having tried all suggestions for about six hours, I wondered if it's to do with WiFi adapters. I went...
  8. How to connect printer to wifi ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to connect printer to wifi ?: Is there anybody who knows how to connect canon mg2922 printer to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-printer-to-wifi/360997e7-2e68-4596-9959-ae1470eabb74
  9. How to connect to wifi network

How to connect to wifi network: I want to connect my computer to the wireless router without using an Ethernet cable. Please describe how I can do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-to-connect-to-wifi-network/20bc7ef9-889d-46b8-9479-e5c0592a24ba
  10. How to setup a WIFI connection.

How to setup a WIFI connection.: I had upgraded to Win10, but it locked-up my monitor (don't ask), so I had to wipe the hard drive and reinstall Win8.1 in order to get my display to work. Before, in Win8.1 and in Win10, my internet connection was working. Now Win8.1 says "your PC is not connected to the...