Windows 10: how to connect to Wi-Fi with cmd/powershell script

Discus and support how to connect to Wi-Fi with cmd/powershell script in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i'm trying to create command to connect to my Wi-Fi via automation script, however my Wi-Fi demand user name and password to connectWindows Security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fadi Hazima, May 12, 2022.

1. how to connect to Wi-Fi with cmd/powershell script

i'm trying to create command to connect to my Wi-Fi via automation script, however my Wi-Fi demand user name and password to connectWindows Security Login pop up when connecting to wireless NetworkI tried to Add a new wireless profile to the system: netsh wlan add profile filename='MYPROFILE.xml'and then Connect to the wireless network using the command line: netsh wlan connect name=$NAME ssid=$NAMEbut it doesn't workthanks.FadiCopy to Clipboard

:)

Fadi Hazima, May 12, 2022

2. Script required to automatically connect to specific Wi-Fi network

When I sign out, the Event ID is 7002. When I log on, it is 7001.

how to connect to Wi-Fi with cmd/powershell script [​IMG]

Michael may consider using the following settings:

See whether it is more reliable than "At log on", as Michael said the following:
    Run the following line of commands via PowerShell. You should get a list of "User Logon Notification".

Get-WinEvent -FilterHashtable @{LogName='System';ID='7001'}|FT -AutoSize

Matthew Wai, May 12, 2022
  3. allant51 Win User
    wi fi connection

After windows 1903 update I don't have any wi fi connection or icon showing and have tried many suggestions on how to get it, but none have worked.

Can you provide a step by step instruction on how to get wi fi icon and network.

allant51, May 12, 2022
  4. how to connect to Wi-Fi with cmd/powershell script

Script required to automatically connect to specific Wi-Fi network

Thanks Matthew.

Check, I have confirmed those settings. FYI, right or wrong, I have created a vbscript that triggers a cmd file that identifies the profile and wifi. I had originally had the vbscript triggering a .bat containing the same cmd line as the .cmd file.

Both connect files, cmd or bat work great using a desktop shortcut but not in the Task Scheduler.

vbscript;
    Code:
    cmd file;
    Code:

Thanks Shawn, I'll have look. [/quote] L: My Computer[/i] You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Computer Type: Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number: MSI GP72 RDX
    CPU: i7-7700 HQ
    Memory: 12 GB
    Hard Drives: Samsung 500GB 970 evo NVMe M2 SSD (OS) 1TB HDD (data)
    Internet Speed: Wireless, recently improved Lte network now at 57/15 w/ 28ms latency.
    Browser: Vivaldi
    Antivirus: Eset NOD32 & WD

[*]
    Brink Posts : 61,123 64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations New 06 Mar 2021 #5
    L: My Computers[/i] You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Computer Type: PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number: Custom self built
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K 5 GHz
    Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390
    Memory: 16 GB (8GBx2) G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 3200 MHz
    Graphics Card: ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING
    Sound Card: Integrated Digital Audio (S/PDIF)
    Monitor(s) Displays: 2 x Samsung Odyssey G75 27"
    Screen Resolution: 2560x1440
    Keyboard: Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3
    PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
    Case: Thermaltake Core P3 wall mounted
    Cooling: Corsair Hydro H115i
    Hard Drives: 1TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2, 6TB WD Black WD6001FZWX 8TB WD MyCloudEX2Ultra NAS
    Internet Speed: 1 Gbps Download and 35 Mbps Upload
    Browser: Google Chrome
    Antivirus: Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Premium
    Other Info: Logitech Z625 speaker system, Logitech BRIO 4K Pro webcam, HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdn, Linksys EA9500 router, Motorola MB8611 cable modem, APC SMART-UPS RT 1000 XL - SURT1000XLI, Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G phone

View my PC Album
    Computer Type: Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number: HP Spectre x360 2in1
    CPU: i7-1065G7 3.9 GHz
    Memory: 16 GB LPDDR4-3200
    Graphics Card: Intel Iris Plus
    Sound Card: Intel SST
    Monitor(s) Displays: 13.3" 4K UWVA AMOLED multitouch
    Screen Resolution: 3840 x 2160
    Hard Drives: 512 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
    Browser: Google Chrome
    Antivirus: Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Premium

[*]
    Matthew Wai Posts : 7,211 Windows 10 Home 20H2 New 06 Mar 2021 #6
    L: My Computer[/i] You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Computer Type: PC/Desktop
    Hard Drives: Seagate Barracuda

[*]
    Matthew Wai Posts : 7,211 Windows 10 Home 20H2 New 06 Mar 2021 #7
    L: My Computer[/i] You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Computer Type: PC/Desktop

[*]
    Matthew Wai Posts : 7,211 Windows 10 Home 20H2 New 06 Mar 2021 #8

[*]
    Posts : 1,804 Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1348 Thread Starter New 06 Mar 2021 #9
    L: My Computer[/i] You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Computer Type: Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number: MSI GP72 RDX
    CPU: i7-7700 HQ
    Memory: 12 GB
    Hard Drives: Samsung 500GB 970 evo NVMe M2 SSD (OS) 1TB HDD (data)
    Internet Speed: Wireless, recently improved Lte network now at 57/15 w/ 28ms latency.
    Browser: Vivaldi
    Antivirus: Eset NOD32 & WD

[*]
    Matthew Wai Posts : 7,211 Windows 10 Home 20H2 New 06 Mar 2021 #10

W10 Tweaker, May 12, 2022
Thema:

how to connect to Wi-Fi with cmd/powershell script

1. how to connect to Wi-Fi with cmd/powershell script - Similar Threads - connect cmd powershell

2. Wi-Fi not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi not connecting: WiFi isn't connecting. I thought it was the WiFi router problem, but I tried connecting to another Wi-Fi network. That’s when I understood that the issue was the laptop. I tried everything like resetting the network settings, disabling the network device in device manager and...
  3. Wi-Fi connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi connections: My pc isn’t connecting to the internet and no Wi-Fi connections are showing up I have checked and it’s not a pc problem it’s a windows problem can someone help me please it’s been like this for weeks...
  4. Wi-Fi connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi connections: My pc isn’t connecting to the internet and no Wi-Fi connections are showing up I have checked and it’s not a pc problem it’s a windows problem can someone help me please it’s been like this for weeks...
  5. how to connect to Wi-Fi with cmd/powershell script

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to connect to Wi-Fi with cmd/powershell script: i'm trying to create command to connect to my Wi-Fi via automation script, however my Wi-Fi demand user name and password to connectWindows Security Login pop up when connecting to wireless NetworkI tried to Add a new wireless profile to the system: netsh wlan add profile...
  6. Wi Fi connections

Wi Fi connections: Hi there I have several computers of various ages all running windows 10 my newest computers seem to stay connected without issue my older comps microsoft surface core I7 8gig ram and my toshiba core I5 8gig ram both have lost connections from time to time and the...
  7. How can cmd script check for powershell environment?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can cmd script check for powershell environment?: I can execute script abc.cmd in either a command prompt or powershell environment/window. Can it determine the environment in which it runs? Powershell 5, W10Pro64, 1803 Thank you and a Merry Christmas. 124044
  8. wi-fi connection

wi-fi connection: My wife's computer is running Windows 10 same as this one but it doesn't have the capability to connect with wi fi. is there an app that I can purchase and download to a thumb drive so that I can transfer to the other computer....
  9. Wi Fi connections

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi Fi connections: My laptop connection to the WIFI hub disconnects when I connect an HP 1200 printer and vice versa. I can only use one or the other at one time. It was working fine until today and not sure what might have changed....
  10. Wi-Fi Connectivity

Wi-Fi Connectivity: After Windows 10 upgrade on my HP P7-1420t I lost my ability to connect to Wi-Fi. Network Adapters listed in Device Manager: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Wan Miniports - IKEv2, IP, IPv6, L2TP, PPPOE, PPTP, SSTP and Network Monitor. Any help in regaining my Wi-Fi...