Windows 10: How to connect to wifi network

Discus and support How to connect to wifi network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to connect my computer to the wireless router without using an Ethernet cable. Please describe how I can do it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JakeSugawara1, Aug 18, 2018.

1. How to connect to wifi network

I want to connect my computer to the wireless router without using an Ethernet cable. Please describe how I can do it?

:)

JakeSugawara1, Aug 18, 2018
  2. legend383 Win User

"Can't connect to this network."

I just bought a wifi card for my windows 10 desktop (a tp-link archer t8e) and cannot connect to my network.

I have the wifi icon on the tray, I can get a list of available networks but after entering the wpa key for my network it just shows the message "Can't connect to this network."

Network diagnosis just suggested connecting to a wifi network (why didn't I think of that...), does anyone here have any clue as to what the problem could be?

UPDATE: Just noticed that the wifi adapter is being disabled briefly just after I enter the network password, no idea what's going on.

legend383, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Aug 18, 2018
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

How to connect to wifi network

Kick or Ban who is connected with my internet ?

You would have to do that on your Router's setup webpage. 1st step is to turn on WiFi encryption and password. 2nd step, if you feel you need to, is set up an access list of the physical MAC addresses for the network adapters of the computers you want to allow to connect. Any other network adapter not on that MAC filter list won't be able to connect. (but MAC addresses can be easily spoofed, if the third person knows which MAC addresses are allowed).

NavyLCDR, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

How to connect to wifi network

1. How to connect to wifi network - Similar Threads - connect wifi network

2. no wifi in network connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no wifi in network connections: I can't seem to connect to wifi on my laptop after doing a factory reset. I'm really confused. when I open up network settings the wifi network is just not there....
  3. no wifi in network connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no wifi in network connections: I can't seem to connect to wifi on my laptop after doing a factory reset. I'm really confused. when I open up network settings the wifi network is just not there....
  4. no wifi in network connections

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Network Connection And Wifi

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network Connection And Wifi: Anyone know how to fix this?[IMG][IMG][IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-connection-and-wifi/5e8a6fb9-0862-4ea9-a94b-8b51e98b004f
  6. WIFI and Network Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI and Network Connection: Hi On clicking on the wifi icon on the tray, the wifi tab open with a breaking UI. Also the network and internet setting is crashing. it doesn't opens [ATTACH]...
  7. Connect to wifi network

Connect to wifi network: I recently was able to get a decent high-speed internet connection. Everything has connected perfectly and seamlessly except my Dell Latitude laptop. When I search for available networks I see "HIDDEN NETWORK" and as I try to connect with the SSID and PW for my Nighthawk...
  8. How to connect to an existing wifi network?

How to connect to an existing wifi network?: I'm trying to get a computer to connect to an existing private wifi network. In Network & Sharing Center I click on "Set up a new connection or network", then "Manually connect to a wireless network", then enter the network name, security type (WPA2-Personal), and password....
  9. wifi network connection

wifi network connection: My wifi connection was working fine until I setup my printer canon TS3122, now my wifi network doesn't even show up on "available networks" all I see is no connection/proxy symbol. I have tried resetting my router and network reset. please help I am not computer savvy....
  10. Network with wifi connection

Network with wifi connection: Good day.. I need help with my computer I am accommodated at a place that has wifi but my computer only stays connected for like 10 seconds …. and when you stream something or are on Netflix it needs you to troubleshoot it and then it only stay connected for like 10 seconds...