Windows 10: How to connect two computers on a home network?

Discus and support How to connect two computers on a home network? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Win7 PC and a Win10 laptop. They are successfully connected to the same router (PC is wired, laptop is wifi). They are on the same Homegroup,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimpemberton, Dec 9, 2018.

1. How to connect two computers on a home network?

I have a Win7 PC and a Win10 laptop. They are successfully connected to the same router (PC is wired, laptop is wifi). They are on the same Homegroup, which is set as a private network on both. File sharing is turned on for both in every way imaginable. However...

The laptop can't see the PC.

The PC *can* see the laptop, but it can't access the laptop.

How do I make it so I can share files?

Why is this so difficult for the average user?

:)

jimpemberton, Dec 9, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

How to connect two computers on a home network? [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

How to connect two computers on a home network? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Dec 9, 2018
  3. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Mel Tar Win User

How to connect two computers on a home network?

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

How to connect two computers on a home network?

1. How to connect two computers on a home network? - Similar Threads - connect computers home

2. Connecting two Win10 computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting two Win10 computers: I need to enable file sharing between 2 Win 10 computers on my Wi-Fi network. There sees to be a serious bug with this function. I am disabled paralyzed on left side and stuck in a wheelchair for life. Moving between computers is time consuming and a hardship. A little...
  3. Connecting two computers mini network

Connecting two computers mini network: Earlier this year I bought a new Windows 10 computer to replace my 4 year old windows 7. Almost all of my important info/data is on external HD I use the computer hard drive almost exclusively for programs. I realized today that there actually is a couple folders of info on...
  4. Connect two computers

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Connect two computers: How do I connect two nearby computers both using Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-two-computers/5de7f3d8-0190-43b6-981a-15787de1432c"
  5. How to get connected two computers in my home network?

How to get connected two computers in my home network?: I have two computers in my home network- WiFi only-Both computers are running Windows 10, with one version 1803 and the other 1903.. I don't see both computers on Computers, but I see both both in the media. How to see both computers on computers, I want both to share but I...
  6. Lost Home network connection on one computer

Lost Home network connection on one computer: On my desktop under Network folder the NAS (Readyshare) and my Pro3 notebook are not 'seen' anymore after some unknown event. Desktop 'sees' the wireless network printer and R7000 media devices and the TV. My notebook however 'sees' all. I compared all Network & Internet...
  7. How do I connect two computers?

How do I connect two computers?: I have two computers with Windows 10, I believe. How can I access computer 1 with computer 2? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-two-computers/77880b3c-37f1-4cb4-af1f-e4cfd6416f8a
  8. Network -- two computers connected via ethernet

Network -- two computers connected via ethernet: One office, HP, other office Dell. These two computers are connected via ethernet. As of this latest upgrade, the HP can access the Dell, but I (Dell) cannot access the HP. Under "Microsoft account, Your devices" both computers are shown. Drivers are updated. I have changed...
  9. Two network connected and how to set to choose software to the network

Two network connected and how to set to choose software to the network: Just wondering if we can do this?, I have two networks connected such Network 1 and Network 2 are separate. How can I set the software to connect network 1 or network 2 without automatically? For example: Microsoft Edge go connect the Network 1 and Chrome go connect to...
  10. Problem Networking Two Computers

Problem Networking Two Computers: I am having problems with Networking 2 Windows 10 computers. The first computer is an HP Laptop with windows 10 factory installed. It connects to my router via a wireless connection. The second is a Dell Desktop with 2 SSD's -- one containing Win 7 and the other Win 10....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connect two computers together

2. connect two computers

3. connect two computers on home network

4. connect 2 computers on network,
  5. how to connect to another computer in your home network,
  6. connect 2 computers on same network windows10,
  7. how to connect to other computers on my home network,
  8. how to connect 2 computers in a home network,
  9. how to connect to other computers on my home network?,
  10. connect 2 computers on a network,
  11. connect two computers through a home network,