Windows 10: How to connect two or more PCs to each other on the shared LAN

Discus and support How to connect two or more PCs to each other on the shared LAN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a small network of PCs all connected via ethernet to the same LAN each with unique IP. Every time I switch on the PCs I have a problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlanCam, Nov 14, 2018.

1. AlanCam Win User

How to connect two or more PCs to each other on the shared LAN

I have a small network of PCs all connected via ethernet to the same LAN each with unique IP. Every time I switch on the PCs I have a problem connecting to the shared folders on the other computers. Sometimes this can be resolved by entering \\{computername}\ in the network line in file explorer.

What is the correct way to make a share available to other PCs?

:)

AlanCam, Nov 14, 2018
  2. chauktv Win User

share printer connected other PC on LAN

My office LAN is p-p LAN, every time i want to use the printer connected other PC on LAN, i must enter credentials to connect, how to disable it? Both 2 PCs are Winows 10 Pro, turned off password protected sharing and turned on file and printer sharing.
    I greatly appreciate everyone kindly help. Thanks

chauktv, Nov 14, 2018
  3. network connectivity

I highly suggest that you try these steps instead:

• Press theWindows
      key + X button on your keyboard.

• Go to
      Control Panel.

• Select
      Network and Sharing Center.

• Click on
      Internet options.

• Choose
      Connections
      tab.

• Click on
      LAN Settings.

• Uncheck
      Use a Proxy server for your LAN.

• Click
      Apply, then
      OK.

CourageDog, Nov 14, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

1. How to connect two or more PCs to each other on the shared LAN - Similar Threads - connect more PCs

2. share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet: I have a PC at home connected by ethernet to a router. This shows as Network 5 in Network and Sharing Centre.I have another PC in another room connected via ethernet to the same router. This shows as Network 2 In its Network and Sharing Centre. I've tried everything I can...
  3. share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet: I have a PC at home connected by ethernet to a router. This shows as Network 5 in Network and Sharing Centre.I have another PC in another room connected via ethernet to the same router. This shows as Network 2 In its Network and Sharing Centre. I've tried everything I can...
  4. share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problems with connecting multiple VMs on different PCs with each other.

Problems with connecting multiple VMs on different PCs with each other.: Hi I hope someone can help me please. I'm trying to get 4 Hyper-V VMs on 2 different PCs to connect with each other. Here's the scoop: I have my laptop with WiFi and ethernet with 1 VM and a desktop with ethernet with 3 VMs - connected to each other with a crossover LAN...
  6. Some network PCs not seeing each other

Some network PCs not seeing each other: I have 5 PCs on my network, all running Windows10. Some are connected to the router by ethernet, others by wifi: it doesn't seem to matter which. A, B and C can see all 5 including themselves. Both D and E can only see B and D. What could be stopping them seeing all five?...
  7. Share PCs wifi internet with other PCs on the network

Share PCs wifi internet with other PCs on the network: I have an unusual situation as I only have mobile hotspot at the moment, I have 2 PCs which are on a network router, but only one has a wifi dongle to connect to the mobile hotspot. Is that anyway I can share the internet with the other PC on the network through the one...
  8. Share files on two PCs

Share files on two PCs: I have two laptops, both with current win10 as of 1/30/19, both access internet via same home Wi-Fi. How do I, over said Wi-Fi: 1. Reset them both to default network settings, then 2. Allow laptop A to open a file on laptop B? I just want laptop A to go to file manager,...
  9. Over WiFi, how can two PCs to read/write each other's C: drives?

Over WiFi, how can two PCs to read/write each other's C: drives?: Hello Is it possible, over WiFi, to set up two PCs that can read/write to each other's C: drives? If so how can I achieve that? EDIT: To get clear, my main desktop PC is connected to my Virgin Media router by Ethernet. However my laptop PC is connected by WiFi. I want to...
  10. share printer connected other PC on LAN

share printer connected other PC on LAN: My office LAN is p-p LAN, every time i want to use the printer connected other PC on LAN, i must enter credentials to connect, how to disable it? Both 2 PCs are Winows 10 Pro, turned off password protected sharing and turned on file and printer sharing. I greatly appreciate...