Windows 10: How to connect Windows 10 Laptop to TV or Projector via HDMI

Discus and support How to connect Windows 10 Laptop to TV or Projector via HDMI in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Connecting a Windows Laptop to TV or a Projector is usually straight forward. However, it might be a bit of a learning curve for those... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 21, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to connect Windows 10 Laptop to TV or Projector via HDMI

WinClub, Jun 21, 2019
  2. ThundaBG Win User

Laptop not recognizing TV through HDMI connection

Hello everyone!

First I do apologize if this is not the correct section for this thread.

I've had issues connecting my laptop to TV for the past day. Connection is done through an HDMI cable. Connection was good up until it randomly turned off itself while playing a game. There have been no hardware or software changes whatsoever that would affect it.

TV is SAMSUNG, Model: UE32J4000AW. Laptop info is available in My PC Specs. (laptop is brand new, week or two old)

Here's what I've tried so far:

• 3 different HDMI cables
    • switching between ports on TV
    • tried all projection options on Laptop
    • Disable / Enable both Intel and Nvidia drivers
    • Rollback Intel GPU driver and installed it back to latest version
    • Re-installed Nvidia driver
    • Restarted PC and TV
    • Scan for hardware changes through Device Manager
    • Checked Intel and Nvidia control panels - there were no available options
    • Apparently both HDMI ports on the TV work as I tried them with a tv box.

I think that's all I've tried so far, will add anything else if missed. Open to suggestions.

ThundaBG, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Black screen on my TV and my laptop when connecting through hdmi cable in windows 10

Hi.

I have a toshiba laptop i7 with windows 10 home. it works fine except the connection with hdmi.

When i trying to connect the projector or my tv with hdmi cable, everything goes black. no signal to the external monitor, tv or projector and the monitor of the laptop goes black screen. the laptop works. i can press any button but i cant see anything.

NIkosPapageorgiou, Jun 21, 2019
  4. How to connect Windows 10 Laptop to TV or Projector via HDMI

Connecting laptop running windows 10 to hdtv with hdmi

I'm not very tech savvy.

• I know how to run the HDMI cable between laptop and tv.
    • I know how to set my tv to use correct HDMI port.
    What I need to know is how I tell my laptop to recognize my tv and configure it to use my tv as a monitor.

Anyone that can tell me step by step how to do this in windows 10?

Thanks.

Edit 11:43 PM

Thanks for all the help. Hooked up the HDMI cable, plugged tv back in, started laptop up, switched the tv to correct HDMI port and viola...there was my laptop start screen on my tv! Didn't have to do anything but make a few display
    adjustments!

Thanks again, everyone.

MaryAnnBova, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

How to connect Windows 10 Laptop to TV or Projector via HDMI

1. How to connect Windows 10 Laptop to TV or Projector via HDMI - Similar Threads - connect Laptop Projector

2. Lenovo desktop to TV connection via hdmi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo desktop to TV connection via hdmi: My Lenovo desktop runs the word "lenovo" on switching on then a bluescreen follows after connecting to my TV using a hdmi, but other desktops are working fine on my TV. My desktop still works on another TV but not on my own TV. Kindly help....
  3. Lenovo desktop to TV connection via hdmi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo desktop to TV connection via hdmi: My Lenovo desktop runs the word "lenovo" on switching on then a bluescreen follows after connecting to my TV using a hdmi, but other desktops are working fine on my TV. My desktop still works on another TV but not on my own TV. Kindly help....
  4. TV shows "no signal" when connected to laptop with Windows 10 via HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TV shows "no signal" when connected to laptop with Windows 10 via HDMI: I have an Asus laptop with Nvidia GTX 1070.For three years i've been using a TV as a monitor.Last week I bought a new TV.I tried to connect my laptop to the new TV, and the TV shows "Weak or no connection".The only difference between the old TV and the new one, is that the...
  5. connection to tv via hdmi isnt working

connection to tv via hdmi isnt working: I have tried both of the hdmi ports on my tv to my computer but it hasnt worked, the hdmi cord is brand new when I ask the computer to search for the device it says it cant detect it even though the tv is on the correct port is it the hdmi cable or is it something else?...
  6. laptop not connecting to tv via hdmi after update

laptop not connecting to tv via hdmi after update: it connects sometimes but when i start a movie it disconects https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-connecting-to-tv-via-hdmi-after-update/e2ed1534-e6e1-416f-ae75-3de35ab92050
  7. PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable: I have connected my Tablet PC to my smart TV with the correct cable but have so far not got them working together. On the TV I have enabled HDMI and selected the right port, but have not found any relevant settings on the PC. Plus the advice I have found online has not...
  8. How to connect the laptop display via HDMI to the TV?

How to connect the laptop display via HDMI to the TV?: How to connect the laptop display via HDMI to the TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-the-laptop-display-via-hdmi-to-the/2e340e25-a93b-46a2-8192-66928ee5d4d3
  9. connecting laptop with windows 10 to tv with HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    connecting laptop with windows 10 to tv with HDMI cable: I'm trying to view my laptop (Windows 10) to my tv. The settings menu says it doesn't detect another display. What am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-laptop-with-windows-10-to-tv-with-hdmi/54f4c9c6-91e2-4a0b-916c-825410a42125
  10. Can't connect PC to TV via HDMI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't connect PC to TV via HDMI: When I connect them the PC doesn't even detect it, and the TV just says no signal, even though I allowed it in the TV settings. My video card is a Gigabyte GeForce GT 710 with the latest drivers installed and it supports the resolution of the TV. Also, it says PC Input on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdmi coonectivity with smart tv

2. toshiba laptop cant to connect to my internet

3. toshiba laptop tv projector

4. HOW TO ATTACH A LAPTOP TO A PROJECTOR IN WINDOWS 10,
  5. HOW TO FIX LAPTOP DELL i7 CANT CONNECT TO PROJECTOR,
  6. no signal on toshiba projector when connecting to windows 10 laptop,
  7. connect samsung tv to pc with hdmi windows 10,
  8. how to not connectlaptop to projector when hdmi is plugged in,
  9. computer settings for connecting computer to smart TV using HDMI