Windows 10: How to connect Wireless Keyboard without USB Receiver on Windows PC

Discus and support How to connect Wireless Keyboard without USB Receiver on Windows PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]A USB receiver or connector (also known as a USB dongle) helps establish a wireless connection between your PC/laptop and the wireless keyboard to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 24, 2023.

1. WinClub New Member

How to connect Wireless Keyboard without USB Receiver on Windows PC

How to connect Wireless Keyboard without USB Receiver on Windows PC [​IMG]
    A USB receiver or connector (also known as a USB dongle) helps establish a wireless connection between your PC/laptop and the wireless keyboard to use within the supported range or distance. However, if the original USB receiver is lost or damaged, or not working, then it may create some trouble for you. That doesn’t mean […]

This article How to connect Wireless Keyboard without USB Receiver on Windows PC first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 24, 2023
  2. LemP Win User

USB connected wireless keyboard and mouse not connecting.

As Canadian Tech suggests, confirm that you have fresh batteries in the keyboard and mouse. There should be a light on each of those devices that will indicate that the device is powered on.

What is the make and model of the keyboard/mouse combo?

Is the "USB receiver" the one that came with the wireless keyboard and mouse?

In general, wireless keyboard/mice will only work with the receiver that comes with them. If you just purchased this hardware, and nothing happens when you insert the USB receiver into a USB port on your computer (i.e., do you hear the "bong" USB connect
    sound?), first try all of the other USB ports. If still no joy, the hardware is likely defective and you should contact the vendor.

You can double-check whether the problem is the keyboard, mouse, or receiver as follows:

• Open Device Manager (click Start, type Device Manager into the Search box, and press Enter)
    • Double-click "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" to expand the category
    • Make a note of the items in this category; there may be quite a few -- if you don't think you can remember all of the names, just count how many items there are
    • Connect the USB receiver for the keyboard/mouse to a USB port
    • You should here the USB-connect sound and another item should appear in the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" category
    • Although it shouldn't be necessary, if you don't see an additional item, click "Scan for hardware changes" in the Device Manager "Action" menu
    • If you don't see the new item, either the USB port or the USB receiver is defective.
    Example:

How to connect Wireless Keyboard without USB Receiver on Windows PC 04af5f07-9b3a-4f94-89c9-789db1626264?upload=true.jpg

3. Why isn't my m325 wireless mouse connected to pc?

I did all the steps, except the wired keyboard and mouse step, since I am using a laptop. After all the steps it still doesn't work. Also I can't see my cursor and can't move it.

Non PC Expert, Apr 24, 2023
  4. How to connect Wireless Keyboard without USB Receiver on Windows PC

Microsoft Wireless Receiver USB Not Turning On

Hello Austin,

We realize the inconvenience you have experienced. Let us know few things to analyze the issue.

• Is that for Wireless Mouse or Keyboard?
    • Are you concerned about receiver for Wireless Display Adapters?
    • Is that issue related to any other wireless device?
    • How about connecting other USB devices (I.e. SSD or USB stick)?
    Give us these details to assist you better.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Apr 24, 2023
Thema:

How to connect Wireless Keyboard without USB Receiver on Windows PC

1. How to connect Wireless Keyboard without USB Receiver on Windows PC - Similar Threads - connect Wireless Keyboard

2. How can I connect my wireless keyboard without the USB receiver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I connect my wireless keyboard without the USB receiver?: I recently found a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard model 1738 but i don't have the USB Receiver. Will it work if I buy the exact receiver for this keyboard? Or is there another way of connecting the keyboard to my PC?...
  3. How can I connect my wireless keyboard without the USB receiver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I connect my wireless keyboard without the USB receiver?: I recently found a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard model 1738 but i don't have the USB Receiver. Will it work if I buy the exact receiver for this keyboard? Or is there another way of connecting the keyboard to my PC?...
  4. How can I connect my wireless keyboard without the USB receiver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Wireless Keyboard 2000 - new usb receiver

Wireless Keyboard 2000 - new usb receiver: Hello,for existing Microsoft Wireless Keyboard + mouse 2000 is broken MS usb receiver.How and where can be buy new usb receiver?How can be then new usb receiver paired with keyboard?Thanks....
  6. Wireless Keyboard 2000 - new usb receiver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Keyboard 2000 - new usb receiver: Hello,for existing Microsoft Wireless Keyboard + mouse 2000 is broken MS usb receiver.How and where can be buy new usb receiver?How can be then new usb receiver paired with keyboard?Thanks....
  7. Wireless Keyboard 2000 - new usb receiver

8. Lost USB Receiver - Wireless Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost USB Receiver - Wireless Keyboard: I lost the USB receiver for my Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000. Does anyone know where I can purchase only the receiver and not an entirely new keyboard? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!...
  9. Lost USB Receiver - Wireless Keyboard

Lost USB Receiver - Wireless Keyboard: I lost the USB receiver for my Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000. Does anyone know where I can purchase only the receiver and not an entirely new keyboard? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!...
  10. Lost USB Receiver - Wireless Keyboard