Windows 10: How To Connect

Discus and support How To Connect in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I currently have windows 10 pro and a new Galaxy Samsung S8 phone. I am trying to get my phone to connect to my computer via wifi, not bluetooth or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by timlab55, Dec 11, 2018.

1. timlab55 Win User

How To Connect

I currently have windows 10 pro and a new Galaxy Samsung S8 phone. I am trying to get my phone to connect to my computer via wifi, not bluetooth or cable. I'm sure there is away to do it. I've research this problem for the last 3 days and now I'm at the end of my rope. When I bring down my list of drives and networks under My Computer, I would like to see my phone and it's files as well. I'm at the end of my rope now and can anyone help me?

Thanks

:)

timlab55, Dec 11, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 11, 2018
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Kick or Ban who is connected with my internet ?

You would have to do that on your Router's setup webpage. 1st step is to turn on WiFi encryption and password. 2nd step, if you feel you need to, is set up an access list of the physical MAC addresses for the network adapters of the computers you want to allow to connect. Any other network adapter not on that MAC filter list won't be able to connect. (but MAC addresses can be easily spoofed, if the third person knows which MAC addresses are allowed).

NavyLCDR, Dec 11, 2018
  4. Eagle51 Win User

How To Connect

Eagle51, Dec 11, 2018
Thema:

How To Connect

1. How To Connect - Similar Threads - Connect

2. My pc shows i have internet connection but it doesn't work in whole pc why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc shows i have internet connection but it doesn't work in whole pc why?: Hi , about 2 days ago after i started my pc and tried to use the internet in chrome and genshin impact it gave a connectivity problem but i was using the internet in my phone very smoothly and without problem. I am connecting my pc to internet via a usb cable that is...
  3. My pc shows i have internet connection but it doesn't work in whole pc why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc shows i have internet connection but it doesn't work in whole pc why?: Hi , about 2 days ago after i started my pc and tried to use the internet in chrome and genshin impact it gave a connectivity problem but i was using the internet in my phone very smoothly and without problem. I am connecting my pc to internet via a usb cable that is...
  4. My pc shows i have internet connection but it doesn't work in whole pc why?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Screen flickers twice when hdmi is connected or when any project option other than...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickers twice when hdmi is connected or when any project option other than...: I tried to enable auto colour management which didn't work. Anytime I clicked the button, it would flash on, then turn back off. My laptop screen also flickers once. Since then, whenever I connect my HDMI or choose any project option other than duplicate, my laptop screen...
  6. Screen flickers twice when hdmi is connected or when any project option other than...

Screen flickers twice when hdmi is connected or when any project option other than...: I tried to enable auto colour management which didn't work. Anytime I clicked the button, it would flash on, then turn back off. My laptop screen also flickers once. Since then, whenever I connect my HDMI or choose any project option other than duplicate, my laptop screen...
  7. Airpods pro second gen connected to pc windows 10 but no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Airpods pro second gen connected to pc windows 10 but no sound: Hello, I recently reinstalled my windows because i upgraded from hdd to sdd, and now suddenly my airpods are connecting to my pc they are connected to tp link ub500-bluetooth adapter but they are playing no sound. For the past two days i ve tried everything and nothing worked...
  8. Airpods pro second gen connected to pc windows 10 but no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airpods pro second gen connected to pc windows 10 but no sound: Hello, I recently reinstalled my windows because i upgraded from hdd to sdd, and now suddenly my airpods are connecting to my pc they are connected to tp link ub500-bluetooth adapter but they are playing no sound. For the past two days i ve tried everything and nothing worked...
  9. Airpods pro second gen connected to pc windows 10 but no sound

10. Every time I try to connect to my phone's hotspot it keeps redirecting me to this site...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I try to connect to my phone's hotspot it keeps redirecting me to this site...: there was a question asked like this but it didn't solve the problem. i have already restarted the network settings. if someone could help that would be great....