Windows 10: How to containerize without encrypting?

Discus and support How to containerize without encrypting? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a way I can containerize an application so it cant read or write to any other drives or locations other than its install directory? submitted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/XK-Class, Jul 9, 2021.

1. How to containerize without encrypting?

Is there a way I can containerize an application so it cant read or write to any other drives or locations other than its install directory?

submitted by /u/XK-Class
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/XK-Class, Jul 9, 2021

2. Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 9, 2021
  3. Encryption

Hello Miriam,

For us to be able to isolate your concern why your devices page says it is not encrypted when you've turn on encryption, kindly answer these questions:

• Does this happen before you encrypt the device?
    • Which Windows version currently running on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for update.

Gerald Mal, Jul 9, 2021
  4. How to containerize without encrypting?

Encrypting a folder

Hello Bill,

To encrypt a folder in Windows 10 Home, follow these steps:

• Right-click the folder you want to encrypt and click Properties.
    • On the General tab, click Advanced.
    • Under Compress or Encrypt attributes, click Encrypt contents to secure data.
    • Click OK then Apply to save the changes.

We're just here if you need further help.

Devlin Sco, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

How to containerize without encrypting?

1. How to containerize without encrypting? - Similar Threads - containerize without encrypting

2. Decryption of an encrypted file without certificate.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Decryption of an encrypted file without certificate.: I wanted to format my device since it was a lagging and I was lazy to clean off all the apps, so I simply formatted it and updated it to the new windows 21H1. I was previously on 20H2, and I had some compressed files, which I added a password to encrypted and before...
  3. Install WIndows without Bitlocker encryption

Install WIndows without Bitlocker encryption: I have a Dell laptop in which the boot volume is encrypted with Bitlocker by default. This means that it is encrypted and I do not have a key. I've even tried deleting the volume via diskpart & reinstalling Windows with a newly downloaded OS ISO. So - is there any way to...
  4. How can I password-protect a folder without encryption?

How can I password-protect a folder without encryption?: I want to password-protect a folder, without encryption -- just require a password to open files in the folder. The only solutions I've seen online involve encryption; how do I do it without encryption? A little background on the "why" in case it helps: I have a new...
  5. Is it possible to encrypt folders without external programs?

Is it possible to encrypt folders without external programs?: Is it possible to encrypt folders without external programs in Windows 10 ? Many thanks in advance Kann man Ordner ohne externe Programme verschlüsseln?
  6. How to decrypt encrypted files created in an old windows without certification

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to decrypt encrypted files created in an old windows without certification: I had windows 8 in the first place. Then I upgraded it to windows 10. It worked well and I encrypted some of my files. After two years, having had problems with my windows 10, I decided to update it. However, my drivers stopped working. Therefore, I formatted my C Drive and...
  7. How to recover data from Bitlocker encrypted drive without key/password?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to recover data from Bitlocker encrypted drive without key/password?: I own a Dell laptop with a Windows 10 OS. I have been using it for 3 years, and have done a clean install of windows 10 several times before. My laptop has two disk partitions C drive and D drivE and both were working fine before reinstalling windows. But recently, I made a...
  8. Mouse without Borders encryption keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse without Borders encryption keys: Gentlemen: We love the mouse without borders and would like to use it in our environment. However, since different users are going to use the same computer. Is there a way to hard code an encryption key for a pair of machines for all users that log into that...
  9. how to recover data from bitlocker encrypted drive without the key?

how to recover data from bitlocker encrypted drive without the key?: Hi. how to recover data from bitlocker encrypted drive without the key? Is there any chance so far!! Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-data-from-bitlocker-encrypted-drive/30b23ce4-f79d-4d29-aac3-fcbe0a18e224"
  10. Win10Pro Encrypted File Copy with/without encryption dialogue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win10Pro Encrypted File Copy with/without encryption dialogue: I had a brief exchange with microsoft support and was advised to post here. At some point I must have ticked the 'always do this' option with the prompt asking if you want to copy an encrypted file to an unencrypted dir either with or without file encryption. Documentation on...