Windows 10: How to continue working while performing a search?

Discus and support How to continue working while performing a search? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, In windows I was able to perform searches on my computer and continue working while the search was completing. Now if I open my browser in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gkman, Apr 1, 2016.

1. gkman Win User

How to continue working while performing a search?

Hello,

In windows I was able to perform searches on my computer and continue working while the search was completing.
    Now if I open my browser in the middle of a search it stops searching.

How am I able to continue working while the search is being performed?
    I search by opening the start menu and typing whatever I am looking for

:)

gkman, Apr 1, 2016
  2. BoJarsjo Win User

While performing a normal boot the machine hangs up.

Original Title: windows 10 problem

Hello

I have a Toshiba Satellite LapTop Model PSALME

Received the free upgrade to Windows 10 pt_PT

Installed as requested.

Activated the Hibernation option

When I hibernate or Suspend the machine everything OK.

When booting up from these two modes the LapTop hangs and

I have to force a reset of the machine.

Even on a normal boot the machine hangs up.

On Windows 7 this problem never happened.

If you have any solutions I am willing to make a new try.

Thank you

Best regards

Bo Järsjö

Phone ***Phone number is removed for privacy ***

E-mail : ***Email address is removed for privacy ***

BoJarsjo, Apr 1, 2016
  3. While performing a normal boot the machine hangs up.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time. Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

Method 1

Perform a clean boot.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows
    10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Clean Boot:

Notes

• You must log on to the computer as an administrator to be able to perform a clean boot.

• Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality when you perform a clean boot. When you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or
      experience the original behavior if the problem still exists.

• If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent you from following these steps. We strongly recommend that you do not use the System Configuration utility to change the advanced
      boot options on the computer unless a Microsoft support engineer directs you to do this. Doing this may make the computer unusable.
    I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below in order to perform a clean boot on your computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Method 2

If the issue persists run SFC scan and check if it helps.

Summary

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. This article describes how to
    run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows
    7 or Windows Vista. If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected. For example, some Windows functions may not work, or Windows may crash.
    System file check works on Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1, and win 10

I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below in order to run SFC scan on your computer.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Apr 1, 2016
  4. ZedIsDead Win User

You can search by opening a windows explorer window and use the search bar from there.

ZedIsDead, Apr 1, 2016
Thema:

1. How to continue working while performing a search? - Similar Threads - continue working while

2. Continuous BSOD while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continuous BSOD while gaming: Playing apex legends, sometimes just watching a movie, or doing anything at all I always get a BSOD. I've clean installed countless times, bought brand new memory, clean installed from MYAsus. I Don't know what to do anymore most recent mini dump below. Thanks for the...
  3. Continuous BSOD while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Continuous BSOD while gaming: Playing apex legends, sometimes just watching a movie, or doing anything at all I always get a BSOD. I've clean installed countless times, bought brand new memory, clean installed from MYAsus. I Don't know what to do anymore most recent mini dump below. Thanks for the...
  4. Search not working for a while

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search not working for a while: Search is not working for a while now. I processed system restore on the system to fixed performance issue resulting my search in the start menu dont work anymore. When I click on it does not open or sometimes it will freeze my system. I tried to update my Windows 10 without...
  5. Search not working for a while

Search not working for a while: Search is not working for a while now. I processed system restore on the system to fixed performance issue resulting my search in the start menu dont work anymore. When I click on it does not open or sometimes it will freeze my system. I tried to update my Windows 10 without...
  6. Search not working for a while

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Seeking advice on how to continually measure the performance of windows 10 computers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Seeking advice on how to continually measure the performance of windows 10 computers: I'd like to measure the performance on a continuous basis of hundreds of business computers to identify which computers users are having a positive user experience and which computers are causing users to be inefficient with a poor user experience. I'd like to get each...
  8. Continuous beep while in use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continuous beep while in use: I'll start off with the specs HP laptop 15-ef0008ca Ryzen 3 Radeon Vega graphics 5 128 gb ssd AMI BIOS F.16 no updates Physical Ram 8gb + 7.9 gb virtual bought on boxing day 2019, no big software, everything else ok I was just using Microsoft Edge with 3 very low...
  9. Laptop goes to sleep mode while working randomly and continuously

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop goes to sleep mode while working randomly and continuously: Hi Team, I'm using Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series laptop. I've noticed that my laptop goes to sleep mode randomly even if its in use. I tried to login after a few seconds again it will go to sleep mode. I'm unable to work due to this issue. It was repeatedly happening....
  10. Search Engines performance

Search Engines performance: I tried both Google and Bing to search for car roof racks in Malaga, Spain. Both returned lots of Malaga Australia results! Both ignored all my helpful keywords and presented rubbish results. See the Bing screen shot. So what am I doing wrong in my search and if it is...