Windows 10: How to control access to websites for children accounts

Discus and support How to control access to websites for children accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I'm using a Microsoft Family setup and so far it works great using Windows PCs and an XBox; no tablets or phones. But I would like to allow... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by StefanUngureanu, Oct 20, 2020.

1. How to control access to websites for children accounts

Hello,

I'm using a Microsoft Family setup and so far it works great using Windows PCs and an XBox; no tablets or phones.

But I would like to allow or block access to websites in the same way I manage the screen time.

A very simple scenario : my kids are using google classroom for school, and I would like to block access to any other website while classes are on; so, for instance, I would like to allow *.google.com from 8AM to 12AM and block everything else; or allow youtube.com only after 8PM.

All I could do is block a site permanently.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this is welcome preferably without third-party or paid software. Thanks.

:)

StefanUngureanu, Oct 20, 2020
  2. Hapuku Win User

adding user accounts for children

The customer:

"It is overbearing for Microsoft to require children to either have an e-mail or phone number"

The (unhelpful technician):

"I suggest you to follow the steps how to create the child account as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key and select settings.
    • Click on Account and select Family and other users.
    • Then click add someone else to this pc and select add child’s account
    • Enter the child’s email address and click on Next."

This is becoming such a trend. Please read the details that someone has gone to the trouble of providing so that you can respond HELPFULLY.

Hapuku, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Erin_WV Win User
    Childrens accounts and email accounts

I want the security and parental controls of the childrens accounts but I do not want them having access to email. How do I set up their accounts without having to create an email for them?

Erin_WV, Oct 20, 2020
  4. K EJones Win User

How to control access to websites for children accounts

how do i block my children from accessing inappropriate websites

is it necessary to download app or other methods of protecting my children/teen account from being able to access inappropriate websites

K EJones, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

How to control access to websites for children accounts

1. How to control access to websites for children accounts - Similar Threads - control access websites

2. Reset children account password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reset children account password: Hi,My son lost doesn't remember password to his account and now it is locked. This account was only used for Minecraft for PS4 - no emails sent. Is there a way to reset password for this account as a member of family?I was trying submitting form for recovery of account but I...
  3. Reset children account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset children account password: Hi,My son lost doesn't remember password to his account and now it is locked. This account was only used for Minecraft for PS4 - no emails sent. Is there a way to reset password for this account as a member of family?I was trying submitting form for recovery of account but I...
  4. Reset children account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Connecting Children’s Accounts

Connecting Children’s Accounts: I created accounts for my kids and need to connect them to my family group. Since they’re minors, this requires my consent, which I’m asked to give by “signing” a form. To sign, I’m supposed to type my name which doesn’t make much sense. When I do so, I’m prompted that my...
  6. Connecting Children’s Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting Children’s Accounts: I created accounts for my kids and need to connect them to my family group. Since they’re minors, this requires my consent, which I’m asked to give by “signing” a form. To sign, I’m supposed to type my name which doesn’t make much sense. When I do so, I’m prompted that my...
  7. Connecting Children’s Accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. The parent controls won't allow me to access my children's profiles in family

The parent controls won't allow me to access my children's profiles in family: Unable to set much-needed parental controls. Unclear why system won't let me click on children's profiles to set the limits. Any ideas? I've followed every guide. I need to set it so that they can't game during distance learning but have time after "school." I'm surprised it...
  9. how to allow access to a website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to allow access to a website: how to allow browser access to a web site that is blocked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-allow-access-to-a-website/0d49faaf-c5b9-4d7a-87e2-f84f7399e470
  10. Setting children accounts

Setting children accounts: Hi. I upgraded to win10 and tried to redefine my children accounts. I had no problem with one of them who had hotmail.com mail address. But I can't add the other one having outlook.com address. The invitation was sent to the child, he accepted it but his account is still...