Windows 10: How to control SOME of the f-keys?

Discus and support How to control SOME of the f-keys? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Dell XPS 13 2in1 laptop with Windows 10, which seems to have two settings for the f-keys that are switchable via fn and esc. The trouble is I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FredOzz, Feb 19, 2021.

1. FredOzz Win User

How to control SOME of the f-keys?

I have a Dell XPS 13 2in1 laptop with Windows 10, which seems to have two settings for the f-keys that are switchable via fn and esc. The trouble is I can either get my choice for keys f1 to f9 and unwanted functions for f10 to f12 or vice-versa. This is frustrating.

How can I get f2, for example to edit a filename but at the SAME TIME, make f11 the home key and f12 the end key without toggling all the keys via fn esc? In other words, just as my desktop computer works.

:)

FredOzz, Feb 19, 2021

2. f drive

Hello Kathy,

Based on the information you have provided in your post; we need to do further investigation. To assist you better, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you tried using a third party software to manage the disk partition?
    • Did you format the drive?

We suggest that you check for the drive in the Disk Management and look if it appears. Follow these steps:

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc and then click OK.
    Look if the Drive F: appears and check if it is unallocated.

Looking forward to your update.

Marvin Barc, Feb 19, 2021
  3. volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Feb 19, 2021
  4. How to control SOME of the f-keys?

Enable/Disable F keys for Windows 10?

I don't know how to disable the F keys on Windows 10, please give me a step by step guide to disable them, the F keys are a necessity in games like WoW!

MicroArias, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

How to control SOME of the f-keys?

1. How to control SOME of the f-keys? - Similar Threads - control keys

2. Left Control Key Stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Control Key Stuck: I've looked through several other articles about the same issue where the computer is reacting as if my control ket is being held down. I have tried various methods of shortcuts such as pressing left and right control simultaneously and making sure sticky keys are disabled....
  3. Left Control Key Stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left Control Key Stuck: I've looked through several other articles about the same issue where the computer is reacting as if my control ket is being held down. I have tried various methods of shortcuts such as pressing left and right control simultaneously and making sure sticky keys are disabled....
  4. Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys: I need to edit a registry key but before I do so, I need to be granted full control of the key. I am getting an error message when I try to do this. I am already listed as the owner of the key. I have tried changing both my administrator account as well as my use account to...
  5. Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys

Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys: I need to edit a registry key but before I do so, I need to be granted full control of the key. I am getting an error message when I try to do this. I am already listed as the owner of the key. I have tried changing both my administrator account as well as my use account to...
  6. control key stops working for commands, how do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    control key stops working for commands, how do i fix this?: My control keys stop working for commands. i know its registering that im clicking them because no text comes out, and when i do ctrl+alt+del the screen pops up, but when i try to do something like ctrl+c it doesnt work. The only way to fix it that i know of is to restart,...
  7. control key stops working for commands, how do i fix this?

control key stops working for commands, how do i fix this?: My control keys stop working for commands. i know its registering that im clicking them because no text comes out, and when i do ctrl+alt+del the screen pops up, but when i try to do something like ctrl+c it doesnt work. The only way to fix it that i know of is to restart,...
  8. how do i get control of my volume from the up and down keys on keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get control of my volume from the up and down keys on keyboard: I can't control my volume by the up and down keys on keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-control-of-my-volume-from-the-up-and/4314678d-121e-4e9c-be83-1486458cdcab
  9. how do i get control of my volume from the up and down keys on keyboard

how do i get control of my volume from the up and down keys on keyboard: I can't control my volume by the up and down keys on keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-control-of-my-volume-from-the-up-and/4314678d-121e-4e9c-be83-1486458cdcab
  10. My f1 f2 and f3 keys are suddenly not controlling the volume like they used to. I tried...

My f1 f2 and f3 keys are suddenly not controlling the volume like they used to. I tried...: My f1 f2 and f3 keys are suddenly not controlling the volume like they used to. I tried pressing fn together with those keys but it didn't work.......