Windows 10: How to control System Tray Internet icon in 1909?

Discus and support How to control System Tray Internet icon in 1909? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The System Tray Internet icon often contradicts what the rest of Windows 1909 indicates as happening and contradicts what actually Is happening with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xlcrlee, Feb 12, 2020.

1. xlcrlee Win User

How to control System Tray Internet icon in 1909?

The System Tray Internet icon often contradicts what the rest of Windows 1909 indicates as happening and contradicts what actually Is happening with the Internet connection. This started with 1909 have had NO problems over YEARS with this SAME Mobile Partner dongle in 1709, 1803 or 1903. Mobile Partner is a G3 broadband connection dongle uses Cellular Data Network and is my ONLY Internet connection WiFi/WLAN disabled: see Network Connections attachment.

The only sure-fire way to to "temporarily" fix it and then only for 1 - 3 days max is to uninstall/re-install Mobile Partner which never had such problems in 1703, 1803 or 1903 .... or use a different port, which then only works for 1 - 3 days. Sometimes have had to do this 3x/day! Annoying at best.

see working provisional work-around "fix" below

Having a professional Engineering + Experimental Physics background, my sense is that with separate parts of the Intel CORE i5 vPro working on different procedures during Shut Down and subsequently being improperly set up during the next Start or awakening from a long Sleep .... that somehow the timing lets something slip or change, especially since the Mobile Partner firmware is snail-slow to start up!

Here's an easy useful provisional "fix" I figured out, and it works:

Quite often almost always! this works and in addition to others with the same issue using it, this "trick" may throw enough light on the cause that some clever person can post a real CURE/FIX for this nonsense. After installation in which the Internet System Tray icon works correctly, the first time after computer start that the icon does NOT properly show a connection that actually IS working i.e., the "no Internet connection" instead of the icon lines in triangular formation showing: see in-line attachments below:

1. Click on the X in the upper right corner of the Mobile Partner panel, click to simultaneously disconnect AND turn off Mobile Partner

2. Re-start Mobile Partner by rt-clicking "Run as administrator"

3. In Settings disable Mobile Partner

3. Enable Mobile partner

4. Click on the "No Internet" icon in System Tray, turn on Airplane mode then quickly turn it off have successfully used this "fix" without this step and am not sure it is necessary!

5. Then .... if you're lucky Windows will take a long time while indicating "Getting ready" and finally the System Tray Internet icon will show the triangular "Connected" icon! However occasionally I have to repeat these steps why I tend to think it's a timing issue

How to control  System Tray Internet icon in 1909? 9ce51c12-a72b-4ae0-840b-6de2f801313e?upload=true.jpg

So far the provisional fixes have been working, the only issue after Mobile Partner re-installation with cleaned-out Registry entries being to get Windows Shut Down with MP turned off & disconnected before Windows re-starts MP "Let Windows manage this connection". So while updating the MP software is nice in theory, since it is not possible to get Huawei updated firmware there is none! nor smart to get ersatz "updated" firmware from dubious and proven malware-issuing websites, and since this is a compatibility/conflict issue with Windows 1909 now .... the solution to the malfunctioning icon problem is through WINDOWS Mobile Partner works great in any case, despite this ONE sometimes silly icon and of course what is driving the icon!.

:)

xlcrlee, Feb 12, 2020

2. How to recover hidden icon in System tray on Windows 10?

Hi Callum,

As you are facing issues with un-hiding the icon in System tray, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know which is the icon you have deleted from the system tray for better assistance?

I suggest you to try the below steps to add the icons to Taskbar and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings.
    • Click on System> Notifications & actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear on taskbar (to select the icons that appear on Taskbar)
      and also click on Turn system icons on or off

Hope it helps. If the issue still persists, let us know with brief description for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 12, 2020
  3. System Tray Icons Don't Stay in Tray and Instead Keep Moving Up Into "Off Icons"

I tried this suggestion to keep the tray icons I want in my tray THERE

instead of moving up into the icons box at the system tray arrow.

I tried these instructions listed on this site in answer to the same question:

1. click Start.

2. Type Customize icons.

3. click Customize icons on the task bar.

4. Click Turn system icons on or off.

5. Set the icons that you want to On.

6. Click ok.

That works, but not for long.

Then the problem repeats.

I'd like a solution that keeps the icons I select IN THE TRAY till I change them,

even if I power on or off.

The solution seems like it should be simple, but it's not.

To save you time helping me:

I've researched the other threads, and I will not change the Registry,

or create a new account, or do another
    System File Checker (SFC),

or try the solutions listed in those other threads that did not result in a solution,

so please do not propose those.

Do you have an idea that might work? Would love to hear.

Windows 10, updated.

MariaLorraine, Feb 12, 2020
  4. How to control System Tray Internet icon in 1909?

Notification area (system tray) icons missing, Reset did not work

Hi Kevin,

With regard to your query about the system tray, we suggest that you follow the steps below and see if it helps.

• Right-click on an empty space in your desktop taskbar and select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, find the selection labeled
      Notification Area and click on Customize.
    • Click on Turn system icons on or off.
    • If you'd like to always show all icons, turn the slider window to On.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

How to control System Tray Internet icon in 1909?

1. How to control System Tray Internet icon in 1909? - Similar Threads - control System Tray

2. System Tray Icon Will Not Display.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Tray Icon Will Not Display.: Win 10 x64On my system tray I have several icons for running programs. I know to to set them up to display.One of the programs is running, as confirmed by various methods but refuses to display on the system tray.The icon is activated but it just does not show. As all the...
  3. how to disable microphone icon in system tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to disable microphone icon in system tray: but just the icon, no i dont want to HIDE it, or disable my mic, i want it not to appear, useless icon i dont want or need. i know the reson it was made, but for the people it was made for WONT SEE IT! and onoly the people wasnt made for will, so thanks <irrelevant content...
  4. System tray icon size

System tray icon size: In a recent windows update i noticed that the system tray, little arrow on the bottom right of task bar when opened, the icons have stayed the same size but the buttons to click on them are alot larger. This widens the system tray alot. Is there any way how to change this?...
  5. how to control taskbar Internet icon 1909?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to control taskbar Internet icon 1909?: The taskbar Internet icon often contradicts what the rest of Windows 1909 indicates as happening (and contradicts what actually Is happening with the Internet connection) I have been asking for WEEKS so far in tenforums with NO replies and NO advice and NO suggestions!...
  6. How to Disable the System Tray Icons "Jumping"

How to Disable the System Tray Icons "Jumping": For a while now, the icons in my system tray (bottom right corner of the screen next to where date & time is displayed) have been "jumping". This makes it difficult to click on an icon such as power, sound, or network. As far as I can tell, this glitch occurs every time I'm...
  7. System Tray Icon

System Tray Icon: I have a vision problem and the Safely Remove Icon is very hard for me to see. I would like to change the icon to something more visible. I can't seem to find it in the registry. Thank you....
  8. system tray icons

system tray icons: I received an update to Win 10 and ever since the update, I am only able to see two icons on the system tray at the same time. For example, I now have the speaker icon and the wifi "fan" icon on the system tray. I would like to also have the battery icon on like I've always...
  9. Ugly system tray icons

Ugly system tray icons: This is not really a problem, but is there a way to make these icons look better? [img] Especially the Wifi and battery icons. 48490
  10. How to reduce system tray icon spacing?

How to reduce system tray icon spacing?: My Windows 10 system tray looks like http://puu.sh/jB7xz/a2efac640e.png for both large or small taskbar icons. The spacing between systray icons are larger than in previous versions of Windows. Nearly everyone's screenshots of W10 have systrays that are more like...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 1909 System Tray