Windows 10: How to control webcam

Discus and support How to control webcam in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; can i zoom in my webcam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-control-webcam/31cdbe6d-e250-411d-b692-399ec98415a8 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by aaronjohnson6, Nov 10, 2018.

1. How to control webcam

can i zoom in my webcam

:)

aaronjohnson6, Nov 10, 2018

2. Webcam Problems?

Step One - go back to your computer mfgr's support site, register, and download the latest drivers and chipset software. When I visited Dell I found 9 as of yet uninstalled updates for my two yr old laptop!

Visit Adobe and check which version of Flash Player you're running, and D/L the latest version.

You should be good to go. Your webcam's controlled by your web browser but also authorized and either blocked or allowed by the identity software of sites you visit. Here's Coursera's instructions for fixing identity verification problems:

If you're having trouble with your webcam:

1. Check that your webcam is enabled and connected to your computer. Try a third-party tool like testwebcam.com -&nbspRessources et information concernant Resources and Information..
    2. Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
    3. Check that you have the latest version of your browser or try using a different browser.
    4. If you’re using an external webcam, verify that you've installed your webcam's most recent driver software from the manufacturer.
    5. Try refreshing the page.
    6. Try switching to HTML5 webcam access by clicking the Switch to HTML5 link in the lower right hand corner of the webcam window.
    If you see a dialogue box entitled Adobe Flash Player Settings:

1. Click Close
    2. Click Allow
    If the webcam area is blank:

1. Right click on webcam area
    2. Select Settings
    3. In the Settings menu, click the webcam icon and change the camera option to match the webcam you are using
    Note to Google Chrome users: If the webcam area on the page is blank, and you can't access the Flash settings menu, click the small camera icon to the right of your browser bar and select "Always allow Coursera - Free Online Courses From Top Universities to access your camera and microphone."
    To allow Flash access manually (in Google Chrome):

1. Type chrome://plugins into your browser bar
    2. Find the Adobe Flash Player plugin
    3. Check Always allowed
    4. Quit Chrome and restart

graylingskies, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Nov 10, 2018
  4. How to control webcam

Webcam not work at all, Code 43, Could no migrate bla bla, tried 2 webcam, same issue

Hi Guillaume,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

The issue you are facing could be due to the Webcam driver is being outdated. Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps.
    I suggest you to update the webcam driver manually and check if it helps. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Imaging devices and expand it.

• Right click on the device driver and click on
      update.
    If the issue still persist I would recommend you to go to the webcam manufacturer website and download the latest updated driver and install the same.

http://support.logitech.com/product/hd-pro-webcam-c920

For the error code 10, follow the above steps and try updating the controller device driver and check.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

How to control webcam

1. How to control webcam - Similar Threads - control webcam

2. Computer keeps black screening if i play a game with a controller plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps black screening if i play a game with a controller plugged in.: i seem to have a problem where if my controller is plugged in i get a irql_not_less_or_equal bsod or just a hard crash with no bsod. i tried to read the mini dump but couldn't find what the problem was. i have also tried updating windows and updating my graphics card. the...
  3. Computer keeps black screening if i play a game with a controller plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps black screening if i play a game with a controller plugged in.: i seem to have a problem where if my controller is plugged in i get a irql_not_less_or_equal bsod or just a hard crash with no bsod. i tried to read the mini dump but couldn't find what the problem was. i have also tried updating windows and updating my graphics card. the...
  4. My nvidea control panel is only showing 3d settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My nvidea control panel is only showing 3d settings: My laptop is hp gaming series and have both amd integrated graphics and gtx 1650 . I tried many methods like uninstalling and reinstalling of drivers and I tried to change my preferred graphics in bios but hp is not giving 'advanced' option ....
  5. My nvidea control panel is only showing 3d settings

My nvidea control panel is only showing 3d settings: My laptop is hp gaming series and have both amd integrated graphics and gtx 1650 . I tried many methods like uninstalling and reinstalling of drivers and I tried to change my preferred graphics in bios but hp is not giving 'advanced' option ....
  6. Unable to change NTFS permissions regardless of Full Control access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change NTFS permissions regardless of Full Control access: HelloThere's a folder on a server to which I have full control permissions. I need to add new security group to the folder. It should inherit permissions from parent folder, but it doesn't, I receive message " Failed to enumerate... Access denied". I have tried to add the...
  7. Drive does not show up in Manage Bitlocker control panel

Drive does not show up in Manage Bitlocker control panel: Hi there, I had an old 2TB HDD that was used for data on my old computer running Windows 10 pro. It was bitlocker encryped. I decrypted it on my old computer, and moved it to my new computer running Windows 11 pro. I removed the encryption on this drive as I was uncertain...
  8. What software do you recommend for controlling webcam

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What software do you recommend for controlling webcam: The manual said to install video application tools such as AMCAP for video settings. Any ones recommended? submitted by /u/Lost-Obligation [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ja2suu/what_software_do_you_recommend_for_controlling/
  9. LifeCam Studio Webcam - Need Camera Controls in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LifeCam Studio Webcam - Need Camera Controls in Windows 10: I just received a LifeCam Studio, and it runs without any installation required on Windows 10 build 2004. However, there are no camera controls, e.g. brightness, contrast, color. It is clear from other postings that there were camera controls for this webcam in WIndows 7....
  10. Logitech C270 Webcam controler download for Windows 10

Logitech C270 Webcam controler download for Windows 10: Where is the Logitech C270 Webcam controller download in the Microsoft Store? I had to go to a completely différent site to get the download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logitech-c270-webcam-controler-download-for/0eea8ea5-08f0-4f18-96a3-e54b7673ba89