Windows 10: How to control Wi-Fi network card protocol mode via command line?

Discus and support How to control Wi-Fi network card protocol mode via command line? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; 作為標題,我有一個wifi網卡(AC600 USB),它可以通過Windows GUI更改wifi協議模式(例如:僅802.11a,僅802.11b)。GUI意味著選擇wifi卡> proterties> Configure> advanced,它有一些設置列表,wifi協議列表就在那裡。... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nero Chen, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Nero Chen Win User

How to control Wi-Fi network card protocol mode via command line?

作為標題,我有一個wifi網卡(AC600 USB),它可以通過Windows GUI更改wifi協議模式(例如:僅802.11a,僅802.11b)。GUI意味著選擇wifi卡> proterties> Configure> advanced,它有一些設置列表,wifi協議列表就在那裡。

我需要通過cmd控制這個值進行自動測試,windows有這個命令嗎?

:)

Nero Chen, Jul 18, 2019

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Chino Win User
    Wi-Fi CERTIFIED EasyMesh Delivers Intelligent Wi-Fi Networks

Wi-Fi Alliance introduces Wi-Fi CERTIFIED EasyMesh , bringing efficient, self-organizing networks that deliver a broad footprint of uniform Wi-Fi service. Built on the promise of Wi-Fi CERTIFIED , Wi-Fi EasyMesh delivers a standards-based approach to deploying adaptable networks comprised of multiple access points from different vendors, extending uniform Wi-Fi coverage and enhancing performance throughout a larger service area than is possible with a single access point. Wi-Fi EasyMesh allows users and service providers to select interoperable devices across different brands to ensure fast, wide, and reliable Wi-Fi coverage.

Wi-Fi EasyMesh technology coordinates multiple access points into a unified and intelligent Wi-Fi network that autonomously aids all areas of the home to have complete Wi-Fi coverage. Access points organize themselves and establish high-performance Wi-Fi network connectivity with minimal effort required by the user. After the initial simple setup, Wi-Fi EasyMesh monitors network conditions and self-adapts as needed. Wi-Fi EasyMesh guides smartphones, tablets, and other user devices to the optimal access point, enabling a seamless experience, even when moving throughout the home. Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks accommodate a greater selection of devices across brands and are also extensible, making it easy for users to introduce new Wi-Fi EasyMesh access points into their network. Wi-Fi EasyMesh access points today will maintain interoperability with future Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks, providing an enhanced user experience for years to come.

How to control Wi-Fi network card protocol mode via command line? sXh8rRSz2TZA5ZHY_thm.jpg

"Wi-Fi EasyMesh offers both service providers and Wi-Fi users a consistent approach to multiple AP solutions," said Edgar Figueroa, president and CEO of Wi-Fi Alliance. "Wi-Fi Alliance is delivering a standardized solution to a market-leading product category enabling a strong ecosystem for interoperable, Wi-Fi CERTIFIED devices."

Wi-Fi EasyMesh is a Wi-Fi Alliance certification program focused on access points. User devices also experience the benefits of Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks, which deliver a consistent level of interoperability between access points and client devices. Other benefits of a Wi-Fi CERTIFIED solution include assurances of Wi-Fi security and accepted protocols, as well as a dependable experience with Wi-Fi EasyMesh setup and management regardless of vendor. Service providers that deploy Wi-Fi CERTIFIED EasyMesh access points in homes can increase customer satisfaction with their Wi-Fi service. Further, Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks enable customers to seamlessly add an appropriate number of Wi-Fi EasyMesh access points to provide necessary full home coverage.

Wi-Fi EasyMesh is the latest in a growing Wi-Fi Alliance technology portfolio that improves the Wi-Fi user experience. Recently launched Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Home Design can leverage Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks in their Wi-Fi CERTIFIED floor plans as another method to deliver integrated, uniform whole home coverage. Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks utilize mechanisms from Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Agile Multiband , and user devices certified for these capabilities will experience more intelligent steering and faster network transitions for applications such as Wi-Fi calling.

"Wi-Fi Alliance is delivering a fundamental innovation for interoperability which is necessary to enable residential IoT and the connected smart home, and products would benefit greatly from being Wi-Fi CERTIFIED," said Adlane Fellah, wireless analyst, Maravedis. "Wi-Fi EasyMesh delivers a better residential Wi-Fi user experience and a standardized approach further expands an existing market and drives greater innovation among product vendors."

For more information on Wi-Fi EasyMesh, please visit: Wi-Fi EasyMesh | Wi-Fi Alliance.

Chino, Jul 18, 2019
  4. Chino Win User

Wi-Fi Agile Multiband Certification to Enable Intelligent Wireless Networks

Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Agile Multiband is a new certification program from Wi-Fi Alliance that enables devices to utilize Wi-Fi network resources better, and networks to adapt and balance load as network conditions change. Wi-Fi Agile Multiband devices dynamically exchange information about a network environment, enabling devices to make smarter decisions and quicker connections in home, enterprise, and managed network environments. Wi-Fi Agile Multiband delivers new capabilities that provide a better experience with both static use cases, such as streaming a high-definition movie, and mobile use cases such as Wi-Fi calling.

How to control Wi-Fi network card protocol mode via command line? X2BRYuDg0djRiot2_thm.jpg

Based on global standards, such as IEEE 802.11 k, v, u, r, and Wi-Fi Alliance defined technologies, Wi-Fi Agile Multiband brings a standardized approach to efficient Wi-Fi network resource management that also ensures interoperability across device vendors. Key benefits of Wi-Fi Agile Multiband include:
    • Dynamic monitoring (i.e. exchanging network information): Constant, parallel network information exchange about the Wi-Fi radio environment enables client devices to evaluate the best access point (AP), band, or channel connection, avoiding issues with devices that stick to a particular AP longer than appropriate
    • Intelligent steering (i.e. making informed network loading): Mechanisms allow APs to intelligently guide clients to less congested or recommended APs, frequency bands, and channels to balance network traffic and meet other management needs
    • Fast network transitions (i.e. authenticating quicker): Faster, secure roaming while traversing a network delivers improved mobility and better experiences with latency-sensitive applications such as voice-over Wi-Fi and mobile video streaming
    "Today's Wi-Fi delivers connectivity to services and content for many devices in different environments," said Edgar Figueroa, president and CEO of Wi-Fi Alliance. "Wi-Fi Agile Multiband brings new capabilities that increase network and device performance and ultimately provide a better Wi-Fi user experience."

The first Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Agile Multiband products which comprise the test bed for interoperability certification are:
    • Broadcom BCM4361 11ac STA Reference Design
    • Intel Home Wi-Fi Chipset-based 802.11ac 4-stream Concurrent Dual Band Router
    • Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265
    • Marvell 802.11ac Wave2 Wi-Fi Test Bed Evaluation Kit
    • MediaTek MT7621A+MT7615 802.11abgn/ac Ref. AP
    • Ruckus R710 Access Point
    • Ruckus ZoneDirector 1200 Controller
    • Qualcomm mobile Wi-Fi AC2 chipset
    For more information, including a technology overview and technology highlights, please visit: Wi-Fi Agile Multiband | Wi-Fi Alliance

Chino, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

1. How to control Wi-Fi network card protocol mode via command line? - Similar Threads - control network card

2. Wi-Fi card issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi card issue: Hi I have an Asus Tuf Gaming laptop with windows 11 and all updates installed. My problem is my wi-fi card keeps disabling intermittently even after uninstalling and re-installing the drivers. Any help pls?...
  3. Wi-Fi card issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi card issue: Hi I have an Asus Tuf Gaming laptop with windows 11 and all updates installed. My problem is my wi-fi card keeps disabling intermittently even after uninstalling and re-installing the drivers. Any help pls?...
  4. Network-Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network-Wi-Fi: I need help with my asus gaming laptop a friend of mine gave it too me and he was able to use it just perfectly fine and run games and look things up but since I got it I can connect to the Wi-Fi but I can’t not look up anything on the browser and I don’t know what to do at...
  5. Network-Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network-Wi-Fi: I need help with my asus gaming laptop a friend of mine gave it too me and he was able to use it just perfectly fine and run games and look things up but since I got it I can connect to the Wi-Fi but I can’t not look up anything on the browser and I don’t know what to do at...
  6. Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues: Hello, I have a Dell Vostro 3558, Windows 10, and for several months now I've been having a problem with my Wi-Fi network adapter which prevents me to connect to the Internet. It wasn't so bad at first I would just shut down and boot pc again then the Wi-Fi would work but now...
  7. Wi-Fi networks deleted by command prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi networks deleted by command prompt: Hi folksI have Wi-Fi connectivity issues. I thought it was due to the fact that all my neighbours Wi-Fi networks keep getting automatically ticked despite me never having ticked them. I deleted or blocked not sure which all the visible Wi-Fi connections using command prompt...
  8. Change Power Mode via script or command line

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Power Mode via script or command line: Does anyone know of a way to change the new Power Mode settings via a script (CLI, PowerShell, etc)? See the screenshot. I'm referring to the new slider in Windows 10 that switches between "Battery Saver","Recommended","Better Performance", and "Best Performance". I'm not...
  9. How to Switch between different Wi-Fi bandwidths like 2.4GHz and 5GHz via command line...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Switch between different Wi-Fi bandwidths like 2.4GHz and 5GHz via command line...: There is solution to change the bandwidth using UI like changing it in driver properties Device Manager But I want to know is there any command line instructions so that I can automate it Thanks!...
  10. Run a scheduled task via command line via command line

in Windows 10 Support
    Run a scheduled task via command line via command line: i want start a Run a scheduled task via command line like this: Code: %SystemRoot%\system32\taskschd.msc /Run /TN "RegIdleBackup" when i run the cmd in the prompt as admin the shedular task GUI pop up but the task not start. Is there a solution? Is the...