Windows 10: How to controll windows forced bluetooth headphone hogging PLEASE HELP

Discus and support How to controll windows forced bluetooth headphone hogging PLEASE HELP in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Why? " Because maybe I have two different Bluetooth devices, one that I want to autoconnect, and one that I don't. Or maybe I consider that disabling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hindows666, Jul 7, 2020.

1. How to controll windows forced bluetooth headphone hogging PLEASE HELP

Why? " Because maybe I have two different Bluetooth devices, one that I want to autoconnect, and one that I don't. Or maybe I consider that disabling my Bluetooth adapter constantly is unnecessarily inconvenient for me; a far better approach is with Apple's Bluetooth device implementation, which is to let the "most recent device win".

Consider the following scenario:

• I have a pair of Bluetooth headphones.
    • I start watching TV on my Apple TV with the headphones, by telling my Apple TV to connect to the headphones.
    • I finish watching my episode of TV and want to go for a walk with my iPhone and the same headphones while listening to music, so I then connect the headphones to my iPhone.
    • I come back home and connect them to my Windows desktop to play some games.
    • When I get tired, I hop on the sofa or in bed with my laptop and connect them to the laptop.

In each of these cases, a user-friendly Bluetooth implementation would not "steal" the Bluetooth headphones from another device that's already manually connected to the headphones. Apple devices do this properly; Windows aggressively tries to connect even if I haven't given it any instruction to do so.

Disabling Bluetooth isn't an option if I have, say, a Bluetooth mouse and always want that connected.

The correct implementation is to give users a choice whether they want aggressive auto-connection on a per-device basis. For example, I'm fairly unlikely ever to take my keyboard/mouse and use them with another computer, so I want those to always pair with and connect to my desktop. But I very often use my Bluetooth headphones with 4 or 5 different devices depending on my use case.

The absence of a solution here is mind-boggling. The designers of Windows and Bluetooth devices in general seem not to really think through end-users' common use cases, with the notable exception of Apple. "

submitted by /u/hindows666
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hindows666, Jul 7, 2020
  2. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Sigurd Win User
    Bluetooth not recognising headphones

Bluetooth on my PC recognises, pairs with and works with an ear piece headphone/mic.
    Bluetooth on my Smartphone recognises, pairs with and works with an Ausdom headphone.
    Therefore all hardware works.

However, PC Bluetooth will not recognise, let alone pair with, Ausdom headphone.

I have tried re-boots, turning Bluetooth on/off, uninstalling, re-loading drivers, etc. I have run out of ideas.

Any suggestions please?

Sigurd, Jul 7, 2020
  4. How to controll windows forced bluetooth headphone hogging PLEASE HELP

Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Don. - Not Headphone Compatible on Windows 10?

Windows 10 version 1903

Short story: Our Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Dongle was used on a different PC running Windows 7 to connect headphones with good-quality sound. Now, on a Dell Inspiron 580 with Windows 10, we can't get the headphones to work with the same quality anymore.

Depth: All Windows drivers are downloadable on this page of Iogear's website: Product Drivers, Firmware & Software - IOGEAR
    However, it appears as though the Windows 8/8.1/10 driver is really designed for 8 and 8.1 and not 10. That I conclude because the file name, "GBU521_GBU421_Win8_Win8.1_BT_v12.0.0.9980.zip", does not mention Windows 10, thus suggesting my bluetooth audio problems to be originating from a driver compatibility issue.

I've fiddled my life away with the following:
    • WinKey+R / "control panel" / Devices and Printer / (Insert Headphone Name) Properties / Services
    • Start / Settings / Devices / Audio
    • Start / Settings / System / Sound / Output / Troubleshoot
    • Settings within the Iogear bluetooth devices program, which comes with the driver on the aforementioned driver page.
    And have gone through many settings that branch off this list, restarting the computer after each change made. Sometimes it connect with good sound quality, but does not retain this quality after breaking the bluetooth connection (turning the headphones off, restarting PC).

Quick side note: I have a new Microsoft Bluetooth 3600 Mouse connected to this dongle that works completely fine, unlike the headphones.

A solution requires the following results, which goes along the lines of how the bluetooth headphones were connected to this same Iogear dongle on the different PC that had Windows 7:
    • The bluetooth headphones play with decent quality
    • The volume retains it's setting whenever the bluetooth connection is broken by a PC restart, or powering off/on the headphones (I've encountered configurations where the headphones always resets to maximum volume).
    • The bluetooth mouse works fine. This shouldn't be much of a concern at all.
    If we find no solutions, I will simply buy a dongle that works with Windows 10.

I can provide screenshots if needed.
    Thank-you.

ivangoabby, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

How to controll windows forced bluetooth headphone hogging PLEASE HELP

1. How to controll windows forced bluetooth headphone hogging PLEASE HELP - Similar Threads - controll forced bluetooth

2. win11 force connecting bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win11 force connecting bluetooth headphones: if bluetooth is active on my windows11 pc, it does always automatically connect to my earbuds.so when the pc is on, i can not use my earbuds for anything else.. its impossible to use them with the phone, ipad or anything. windows11 overrides everything and force-connects. it...
  3. win11 force connecting bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win11 force connecting bluetooth headphones: if bluetooth is active on my windows11 pc, it does always automatically connect to my earbuds.so when the pc is on, i can not use my earbuds for anything else.. its impossible to use them with the phone, ipad or anything. windows11 overrides everything and force-connects. it...
  4. Windows Media Controls, bluetooth controller forcing windows media controls use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Controls, bluetooth controller forcing windows media controls use: Ever since the last update, I have been unable to use a bluetooth controller normally with my system. Every time I connect it to my machine via bluetooth, the controller works with whatever game I have open at the time, but ALSO changes audio and media playback. if i press up...
  5. Windows Media Controls, bluetooth controller forcing windows media controls use

Windows Media Controls, bluetooth controller forcing windows media controls use: Ever since the last update, I have been unable to use a bluetooth controller normally with my system. Every time I connect it to my machine via bluetooth, the controller works with whatever game I have open at the time, but ALSO changes audio and media playback. if i press up...
  6. Windows Media Controls, bluetooth controller forcing windows media controls use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth Headphones force disconnects and causes BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones force disconnects and causes BSOD.: I have a Bluetooth headset and adapter with the proper drivers installed. Occasionally when using them they disconnect on their own and requires me to turn the headset off and flick the Bluetooth on/off setting twice on my desktop. This works, then soon after it happens...
  8. Bluetooth Headphones force disconnects and causes BSOD.

Bluetooth Headphones force disconnects and causes BSOD.: I have a Bluetooth headset and adapter with the proper drivers installed. Occasionally when using them they disconnect on their own and requires me to turn the headset off and flick the Bluetooth on/off setting twice on my desktop. This works, then soon after it happens...
  9. Bluetooth Disable Headphones Controls Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Disable Headphones Controls Windows 10: I have these ear buds and when I press them in I pause/play what I am trying to watch/not watch. Any one know how to disable these controls. submitted by /u/deleted_redacted [link] [comments]...
  10. Bluetooth headphones and in built mic not working simultaneously. Please help.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphones and in built mic not working simultaneously. Please help.: I have Noise Shots X5 bluetooth earphones. When I play audio the mic stops working but when only mic is onrecording audio then the audio/music stops. I have tried many tweaks like setting headset as default device in sound option but it doesn't work. P.S The earphones are...