Windows 10: how to convert BTRFS to NTFS in windows?

Discus and support how to convert BTRFS to NTFS in windows? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; have a hard drive given to me but used in server end, linux BTRFS and can't use it in windows. tried googling but all I can find is NTFS to BTRFS and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by m18xr2, May 29, 2021.

1. m18xr2 Win User

how to convert BTRFS to NTFS in windows?

have a hard drive given to me but used in server end, linux BTRFS and can't use it in windows. tried googling but all I can find is NTFS to BTRFS and not the other way around, how can this be done?

:)

m18xr2, May 29, 2021
  2. tf2029 Win User

How to convert RAW partition to NTFS partition.

Thanks for your reply. Apparently the convert drive to NTFS doesn't work when the drive is RAW. After following your instructions in step 2 I get message "convert is not available for RAW drives.

Any suggestions?

tf2029, May 29, 2021
  3. Barb Bowman, May 29, 2021
  4. how to convert BTRFS to NTFS in windows?

How to convert RAW partition to NTFS partition.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Please try the below steps to convert the RAW partition to NTFS partition.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• At the command prompt, type convert drive_letter: /fs:ntfs, where drive_letter is the letter of the drive you want to convert, and then press Enter. For example,
      convert E: /fs:ntfs would convert drive E to the NTFS format.

• Type the name of the volume you want to convert, and then press Enter. You must use the existing name of the volume or the conversion will be canceled. You can view all available volumes in the
      Computer folder under Hard Disk Drives
    Notes: After you convert a partition to NTFS, you cannot convert it back. If you want to use the FAT file system on the partition again, you will need to reformat the partition, which erases all data on it.

Although the chance of corruption or data loss during a conversion is minimal, you should back up all data on the partition before you begin.

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 29, 2021
Thema:

how to convert BTRFS to NTFS in windows?

1. how to convert BTRFS to NTFS in windows? - Similar Threads - convert BTRFS NTFS

2. How to convert from RAW to NTFS w/o Formatting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to convert from RAW to NTFS w/o Formatting?: My partition is converted from NTFS to RAW and it has some important data in it.How can I recover without using any third-party software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-from-raw-to-ntfs-wo-formatting/d7c6ba9d-389f-4451-900b-ff4696e45b5b
  3. How to convert from RAW to NTFS w/o Formatting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to convert from RAW to NTFS w/o Formatting?: My partition is converted from NTFS to RAW and it has some important data in it.How can I recover without using any third-party software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-from-raw-to-ntfs-wo-formatting/d7c6ba9d-389f-4451-900b-ff4696e45b5b
  4. How to convert RAW SSD to NTFS without losing data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to convert RAW SSD to NTFS without losing data?: I just open my laptop and suddenly it wont boot up. It goes to BSOD then advance boot options and just loops until forever. I found out my SSD is the problem.I tried plugging my SSD into another laptop using external enclosure and it only detects the SSD for a moment then...
  5. Converting FAT32 drive to NTFS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Converting FAT32 drive to NTFS: It says that my drive already an NTFS when I go to my advanced startup cmd. But when I go look at in properties it still shows that it's a FAT32 drive. [IMG][ATTACH]...
  6. Convert RAW Filesystem into NTFS

Convert RAW Filesystem into NTFS: So this is an interesting story. I have an USB-Stick with 64gb space on it. I so far only used it for readyboost because i didnt really find an other use for it. But today, i wanted to set up an virtual machine and needed the usb-stick. I realized i had an windows backup on...
  7. Convert NTFS LCN to LBA

Convert NTFS LCN to LBA: Hi, I want to convert NTFS MFT table LCN to physical LBA address. I have tried IOCTL_VOLUME_LOGICAL_TO_PHYSICAL ioctl to convert LCN to LBA, but it always gives physical offset as 1. [ATTACH] In above output LCN: 786,432 need to be converted to NVMe disk physical...
  8. NTFS vs BTRFS please Ms new file system wanted

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    NTFS vs BTRFS please Ms new file system wanted: Hi there Isn't now about time that Ms started implementing a far more robust, faster and resilient file system with decent jounallinhg -NTFS has been around for so many years now that I'm amazed it is still the main FS for Ms. What's wrong with trying out some of the more...
  9. Converting a RAW drive back to ntfs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Converting a RAW drive back to ntfs: I have an external USB drive which has changed to a RAW drive from an NTFS drive, so Windows cannot access the drive. I have tried suggestions made on the Community website, so far non have worked, due to the fact I thing that the suggestions made are not up to date as far as...
  10. Converting RAW external HDD to NTFS?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Converting RAW external HDD to NTFS?: My toshiba 1tb external hard drive currently says it is a raw file system and i cant seem to format it no matter what i do. I dont care for what is inside (only one word file) but i just want to be able to use it again. Is there anyway i can format the HDD and make it usable...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change btrfs to NTFS