Windows 10: How to convert VHD to VHDX using Hyper-V Manager

Discus and support How to convert VHD to VHDX using Hyper-V Manager in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you have a VHD file and you want to convert it to VHDX format, you can use Hyper-V Manager to get it done. This […] This post How to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 21, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to convert VHD to VHDX using Hyper-V Manager

WinClub, Jan 21, 2020
  2. tracit99 Win User

Hyper-V - Create and Use VHD of Windows 10 with Disk2VHD  

Kari, have you tried this tutorial lately? I am getting an error at step 3.2 when I try to mount the created vhdx file.

How to convert VHD to VHDX using Hyper-V Manager [​IMG]

I am using Windows 14393.953 on a UEFI/GPT configuration. It shows to be offline in Disk Management.

How to convert VHD to VHDX using Hyper-V Manager [​IMG]

Thought maybe vhdx file didn't create properly so I tried creating twice more with the same results.

tracit99, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Hyper-V VHD issue (RAID 0 setup)

Hello all,

I just tried using Hyper-V after upgrading my desktop hardware to a setup with 2 drives (identical drives) in a RAID0 setup.

Before the upgrade (and reïnstallation of Windows 10) i was able to create as many VM's with VHD as i want, however sinds the upgrade of my hardware this is no longer possible.

When i now try to create a new VM in Hyper-V Manager in the final step i get an error saying that the storage location on my Virtual Harddrive is not supporting sharing of Virtual Harddrives.

Does this mean that Hyper-V see's a RAID0 setup as a VHD and therefor is not capable of connecting VHD's to my VM's? Saying Hyper-V is not capable of working with RAID0 ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for your replies.

Kind Regards,

Bart

Apocalypss, Jan 21, 2020
  4. lx07 Win User

Thema:

1. How to convert VHD to VHDX using Hyper-V Manager - Similar Threads - convert VHD VHDX

2. How to boot into bootable differencing vhdx in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to boot into bootable differencing vhdx in Hyper-V: Hello, I am trying to upgrade my boot to VHD VHDX to the latest Windows 10 update using this terrific tutorial from @Kari: Native boot Virtual Hard Disk - How to upgrade Windows However, I am having trouble getting the vhdx to boot in Hyper-V. Everything seems to work as...
  3. Can't convert a VHDX with Convert-VHD in PowerShell or in Hyper-V Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't convert a VHDX with Convert-VHD in PowerShell or in Hyper-V Manager: I have a VHDX file that is an image of the system drive in a new laptop, created with Diskpart version 10.0.19041.1: create vdisk file="D:\PC_Original.vhdx" type=expandable source="\\.\physicaldrive0" If this is successful it was, I should be able to store and work with...
  4. Reusing vhdx (native boot) in Hyper-V

Reusing vhdx (native boot) in Hyper-V: Hey all, I created a .vhdx in disk management, initialised, new volume and formatted. Deployed Win 10 Insider 17754 to it using dism /apply-image etc. Updated the bcd store on main OS, booted to .vhdx natively no issues. Now since MSoft doesn't allow the upgrade to newer...
  5. How to convert Hyper-V VHDX file to VHD using PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    How to convert Hyper-V VHDX file to VHD using PowerShell: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you have a VHDX file and you want to make it compatible with some other virtual machine that supports VHD format, then this post shows, how you can convert the Hyper-V VHDX file to VHD using Windows PowerShell so [...] This post How to convert Hyper-V...
  6. Reusing vhdx (native boot) in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reusing vhdx (native boot) in Hyper-V: Hey all, I created a .vhdx in disk management, initialised, new volume and formatted. Deployed Win 10 Insider 17754 to it using dism /apply-image etc. Updated the bcd store on main OS, booted to .vhdx natively no issues. Now since MSoft doesn't allow the upgrade to newer...
  7. Compact a Hyper-V VHD

Compact a Hyper-V VHD: I have Hyper-V VM with the Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Build 9926 as the guest, and Windows 8.1 Pro as the host OS. I've been running it for 3 months now, with at least 2 build updates. But I can't compact the VHD. The used drive space on the VM guest is 16.8 GB, while...
  8. Can't native boot Hyper-V generation 2 vhdx

Can't native boot Hyper-V generation 2 vhdx: If I create a generation 1 VM I can native boot the vhdx by adding bcd entry. If I make a generation 2 VM it fails with "a required device isn't connected...0xc0000225". Pressing f8 for "Startup Settings" gives "The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a...
  9. Hyper-V - Native Boot VHD

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V - Native Boot VHD: How to: Hyper-V - Native Boot VHD [img] Information First a quote from Microsoft Developer Network's (MSDN) support article: Native Boot allows you to create a virtual hard disk (VHD), install Windows to it, and then boot it up, either on your PC side-by-side with...
  10. Hyper-V - Create and Use VHD of Windows 10 with Disk2VHD

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V - Create and Use VHD of Windows 10 with Disk2VHD: How to: Hyper-V - Create and Use VHD of Windows 10 with Disk2VHD How to Create VHD of Windows 10 Installation and Use in Hyper-V [img] Note The tutorial has been updated today (20-MAR-2017). Please post all your questions about this process in this thread. Please...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. properly convert vhd file