Windows 10: How to convert Windows license from a volume client to retail?

Discus and support How to convert Windows license from a volume client to retail? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just noticed that my Windows 10 license type is a volume KMS client and I want to convert it to a retail license. Is it possible? If so, how? Will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rayddit, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Rayddit Win User

How to convert Windows license from a volume client to retail?

I just noticed that my Windows 10 license type is a volume KMS client and I want to convert it to a retail license. Is it possible? If so, how? Will just entering a retail product key change it? Thanks in advance :

:)

Rayddit, Oct 23, 2021
  2. John Ado Win User

Windows 10 Pro Retail or OEM or Volume License

Hi Raju,

This is an interesting topic. If the last three letters of your Product ID ends with
    OEM, then your license was issued by manufacturer. These type of licenses cannot be transferred to another computer because it is tied up with the device itself. Otherwise, if it doesn't end with OEM, your copy of Windows is from a retail merchant.
    These licenses can be transferred to another computer. Unless your device was issued by your company, or from an organization, then it could have been activated under Volume licensing.

To be sure, check the type of license you that you have by following these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type slmgr -dli and press Enter.
    • It will show you a pop up box telling you what type of license you are using.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

John Ado, Oct 23, 2021
  3. Can I transfer Windows 10 Pro License under Volume License to a new device?

Hi JCDValenzuela

Yes, you can transfer/re-assign a volume license client just like a retail full license.

See steps:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-window...

Information in the above link is sourced from a trusted Microsoft MVP blog.

Andre for Directly, Oct 23, 2021
  4. Norbou Win User

Convert/upgrade preinstalled Windows OEM to Volume License

Hello to all,
    I have a general question.

Is possible to convert or upgrade preinstalled Windows OEM to Volume License?

I purchased my new laptop with Windows 10 Home. How can I upgrade PRO it with Volume License Key without reinstalling the system and programs? I have legal academic VLSC agreement and keys.

I have found this tutorial, but I want to ask you, if it is correct and official way:
    How to Convert OEM to Volume License | It Still Works

I have found this related post:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...5-839996b40d47

You may NOT legally upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using the volume licenses. The only organizations that may do this are academic and nonprofit. Commercial and government can only use volume license SKUs to upgrade from previous business class (Pro, enterprise, etc...) operating systems.

But how? When I do Change product key, system say that is not valid. I am sure that is valid.

I have filled my system configuration in my profile, if necessary.

Thank you,
    Jiri

Norbou, Oct 23, 2021
Thema:

1. How to convert Windows license from a volume client to retail? - Similar Threads - convert license volume

2. convert a volume license installed windows 10 to retail windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    convert a volume license installed windows 10 to retail windows 10: I bought a brand new computer off of amazon. The new system was supposed to come with windows. But apparently is was done with a volume license server key. Windows now says it is expired.I'd like to put a retail key in place. How can I do this? Can this be done without...
  3. convert a volume license installed windows 10 to retail windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    convert a volume license installed windows 10 to retail windows 10: I bought a brand new computer off of amazon. The new system was supposed to come with windows. But apparently is was done with a volume license server key. Windows now says it is expired.I'd like to put a retail key in place. How can I do this? Can this be done without...
  4. convert a volume license installed windows 10 to retail windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Convert from Windows 10 Volume License to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert from Windows 10 Volume License to Windows 10 Pro: How can I convert from a volume license to an individual license? If I purchase a Windows 10 Pro retail license, will that work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-from-windows-10-volume-license-to-windows/b0e0d589-d721-4c09-b70e-bf0a40d90cfe
  6. how to convert my volume license key to pre-installed license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to convert my volume license key to pre-installed license: Hello Helpers, Once my laptop got crashed, so i took my pc to the service center they installed the windows 10 enterprise version with volume license, on the time of getting my pc back from service center i don't know about windows enterpriseKMS server. but later i was found...
  7. how to convert my volume license key to pre-installed license

how to convert my volume license key to pre-installed license: Hello Helpers, Once my laptop got crashed, so i took my pc to the service center they installed the windows 10 enterprise version with volume license, on the time of getting my pc back from service center i don't know about windows enterpriseKMS server. but later i was found...
  8. How to convert Windows license from a volume client to retail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to convert Windows license from a volume client to retail?: I just noticed that my Windows 10 license type is a volume KMS client and I want to convert it to a retail license. Is it possible? If so, how? Will just entering a retail product key change it? Thanks in advance :...
  9. How to convert Windows license from a volume client to retail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to convert Windows license from a volume client to retail?: I just noticed that my Windows 10 license type is a volume KMS client and I want to convert it to a retail license. Is it possible? If so, how? Will just entering a retail product key change it? Thanks in advance :...
  10. VOLUME License turns into Retail

VOLUME License turns into Retail: dear Microsoft Team,I bought a PC and the Windows 10 was activated as KMS Volume Activation/ activated with Organization's License. Then I tried to Rearm the License then it says: we cant activated your windows bl bl bla.....Then I clicked Activation Troubleshooting, and it...