Windows 10: How to copy a file when the Audio CD shows a 0 KB or 1 KB shortcut

Discus and support How to copy a file when the Audio CD shows a 0 KB or 1 KB shortcut in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you have an old Audio CD, but you cannot copy files from your CD to your PC because the audio CD is showing a 1 KB shortcuts only,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 2, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to copy a file when the Audio CD shows a 0 KB or 1 KB shortcut

WinClub, Nov 2, 2019
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Nov 2, 2019
  3. File Explorer - Files under the "Recent Files" drop down inside Quick Access are showing as "0 kb" even though they have data

How to copy a file when the Audio CD shows a 0 KB or 1 KB shortcut 7d797de9-6f85-4e9d-971e-7999b56a46c6?upload=true.png

Here is how I re-created this bug:

1. Open an image file in Paint

2. Export "Test.png" to the Desktop

3. Open File Explorer and go to Quick Access.

4. The files appear as 0 kb.

For some reason the files are also sometimes missing the Date Modified. When I double-click one of the 0 kb files, it opens as expected and the "0 kb" changes to 306 kb like it's supposed to be.

Has anyone else had this issue? This issue came up when I was providing technical support to someone. They were seeing all of their recent files show up as "0 kb" and were worried that their data is being lost.

MichaelElder1, Nov 2, 2019
  4. How to copy a file when the Audio CD shows a 0 KB or 1 KB shortcut

cannot copy music files to cd

Hi Joan,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Try the following suggestions and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check with another fresh cd and check if you are facing the same issue.

Step 2: Run SFC Scan.

What is SFC (System File Checker)?

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the steps given in the below article to perform SFC scan:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833?ppud=4&wa=wsignin1.0

Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Try the above step and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

How to copy a file when the Audio CD shows a 0 KB or 1 KB shortcut

1. How to copy a file when the Audio CD shows a 0 KB or 1 KB shortcut - Similar Threads - copy file Audio

2. 0 kb files lingering around on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0 kb files lingering around on my computer: Hi all,2 months ago I did a clean reinstall of my computer and I found that there are still 0 kb files of python and python3 lingering around on my computer even after I had already uninstalled the program and wiped my PC. It won't let me delete them as they give me an error...
  3. 0 kb files lingering around on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0 kb files lingering around on my computer: Hi all,2 months ago I did a clean reinstall of my computer and I found that there are still 0 kb files of python and python3 lingering around on my computer even after I had already uninstalled the program and wiped my PC. It won't let me delete them as they give me an error...
  4. Windows 10 - Active Time 0% - Read Speed 0 KB/s - Write Speed 0 KB/s

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Active Time 0% - Read Speed 0 KB/s - Write Speed 0 KB/s: I have had my PC for a couple of months now and when I download anything whether it is a small file chrome or a big file PC game more than 50 GB the read always peaks at around 5 MB/s and write speed at about 20 MB/s, but for the most part it read 0 MB/s. As with the read and...
  5. Windows 10 - Active Time 0% - Read Speed 0 KB/s - Write Speed 0 KB/s

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Active Time 0% - Read Speed 0 KB/s - Write Speed 0 KB/s: I have had my PC for a couple of months now and when I download anything whether it is a small file chrome or a big file PC game more than 50 GB the read always peaks at around 5 MB/s and write speed at about 20 MB/s, but for the most part it read 0 MB/s. As with the read and...
  6. Certain OneDrive Sync folder location showing 0 kb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain OneDrive Sync folder location showing 0 kb: Trying to set up OneDrive after it got corrupted on 12/4. The "Owner" files show no data and are not sync'ing. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certain-onedrive-sync-folder-location-showing-0-kb/4896baf0-1c23-43ce-923e-2d0b9cdc3829
  7. Certain OneDrive Sync folder location showing 0 kb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain OneDrive Sync folder location showing 0 kb: Trying to set up OneDrive after it got corrupted on 12/4. The "Owner" files show no data and are not sync'ing. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certain-onedrive-sync-folder-location-showing-0-kb/4896baf0-1c23-43ce-923e-2d0b9cdc3829
  8. KB 4023057 and KB 4480730 Updates Showing in Control Panel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB 4023057 and KB 4480730 Updates Showing in Control Panel: I have Update for Windows 10 KB 4023057installed in 2019 and no update available till now and KB 4480730 installed in 2019 and no update available till now and Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable updated in 2020, right now i am using Windows 10, 2004. my question is that do...
  9. KB 4549951 & KB 4550945

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB 4549951 & KB 4550945: KB 4549951 AND KB 4550945 are constantly failing, message reads 'failed install attempt on ‎02/‎05/‎2020 - 0xe0000003' How can I stop them trying to install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb-4549951-kb-4550945/811de581-f8ca-4cac-8d8b-b48f9bbe4ab1
  10. KB shortcut for folder views?

in Windows 10 Support
    KB shortcut for folder views?: My searching so far hasn't found one, but does anyone know of hotkeys (or any quick keystroke sequence) that will arrange an already open browse window (Open, Save As, etc) in a particular view (List, Detail, etc)? Terry, East Grinstead, UK 140754

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0kb audio cd

2. why the file on CD is 1kB only