Windows 10: How to copy a link onto my desktop in the form of an icon in WIN 10?

Discus and support How to copy a link onto my desktop in the form of an icon in WIN 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On Windows 8 I could look up a web site and then if I was going to frequently use it I could click with my mouse anywhere on that site and copy a link... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MariaMayo, Jan 11, 2019.

1. MariaMayo Win User

How to copy a link onto my desktop in the form of an icon in WIN 10?

On Windows 8 I could look up a web site and then if I was going to frequently use it I could click with my mouse anywhere on that site and copy a link onto my desktop in the form of an icon. How can I do that with windows 10 ?

:)

MariaMayo, Jan 11, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jan 11, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jan 11, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. How to copy a link onto my desktop in the form of an icon in WIN 10? - Similar Threads - copy link onto

2. Desktop icons move on Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons move on Win 10: I have several desktop icons about 4 that keep moving on my desktop. Auto arrange icons is unchecked and aligned to grid is checked. What else could be the issue? Thank you...
  3. How to install plugins from Microsoft Store onto Win 10 desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install plugins from Microsoft Store onto Win 10 desktop?: I am a new Windows 10 user, and I am trying to install a plugin from the Microsoft Store called QuickLook, which allows users to preview files with the space bar like Mac. When I try to install the plugin, MS Store gives me an error stating "It doesn't look like you have any...
  4. How to install plugins from Microsoft Store onto Win 10 desktop?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to install plugins from Microsoft Store onto Win 10 desktop?: I am a new Windows 10 user, and I am trying to install a plugin from the Microsoft Store called QuickLook, which allows users to preview files with the space bar like Mac. When I try to install the plugin, MS Store gives me an error stating "It doesn't look like you have any...
  5. How to install plugins from Microsoft Store onto Win 10 desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Desktop icons in win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons in win 10: Hello community. Wondering why half of my desktop icons have the new " Edge " green & blue swirl in place of the programs icon? Also how can I change them? Thanks for any help, Dave 150973
  7. exporting pictures onto form

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    exporting pictures onto form: How do I drag & drop or export a picture from my computer files onto a form? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exporting-pictures-onto-form/73746787-2b4e-417d-90a7-e7ea9eb9c61f
  8. How do I copy my Favorites from Win 10 Surface to Win 10 Desktop

in Browsers and Email
    How do I copy my Favorites from Win 10 Surface to Win 10 Desktop: My desktop lost boot record and I had to install fresh. I want to copy my favorites from my Surface to my desktop . How do I do that. Thanks 80608
  9. Win 10 Pro Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Pro Desktop Icons: How can Microsoft be informed that its Customers are not pleased to have Windows Updates upset Desktop Icons, when Updating. I had a major Update yesterday ( 1703 OS Build 15063.296) and today I find all of my Desktop Icons (100) mixed up everywhere, which is not only...
  10. Copying / moving files form Win Explorer not possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying / moving files form Win Explorer not possible?: When I try to copy / move a file or folder from the Win Explorer (as admin) to another program this sign is shown, transferring is not possible: [img] How could I make it work? 72751

Users found this page by searching for:

1. copy hyperlink onto desktop

2. how to copy link onto desktop

3. how to copy link to desktop to make an icon

4. how to put a link onto desktop,
  5. how to copy link on desktop,
  6. how to copy a link onto your desktop,
  7. I want to copy a link onto my desktop,
  8. how to put link onto my desktop windows 10,
  9. how to copy a link to desktop windows,
  10. copy hyperlink onto windows desktop,
  11. how to copy a link to desktop windows 10,