Windows 10: How to copy a link onto my desktop in the form of an icon in WIN 10?

Discus and support How to copy a link onto my desktop in the form of an icon in WIN 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On Windows 8 I could look up a web site and then if I was going to frequently use it I could click with my mouse anywhere on that site and copy a link... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MariaMayo, Jan 11, 2019.

1. MariaMayo Win User

How to copy a link onto my desktop in the form of an icon in WIN 10?

On Windows 8 I could look up a web site and then if I was going to frequently use it I could click with my mouse anywhere on that site and copy a link onto my desktop in the form of an icon. How can I do that with windows 10 ?

:)

MariaMayo, Jan 11, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jan 11, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jan 11, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. How to copy a link onto my desktop in the form of an icon in WIN 10? - Similar Threads - copy link onto

2. How to put a website shortcut onto desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to put a website shortcut onto desktop?: Friend trying to put icon from a website on her desktop for easy access. On my computer you just highlight URL and drag to desktop. Hers won't do it! Brand new computer, so I'm assuming latest MS OS. Somebody tell me we're just dorks and it's easy to do! ***Modified...
  3. how do I pin/copy the computer icon to my Win10 desktop?

how do I pin/copy the computer icon to my Win10 desktop?: Please see question in my subject https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-do-i-pincopy-the-computer-icon-to-my-win10/abe71736-7c87-4558-9698-7e6420e07565
  4. My desktop link icons just turned tiny

My desktop link icons just turned tiny: How do I get back to medium sized icons on my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/my-desktop-link-icons-just-turned-tiny/6e20f11d-b841-464b-9a2f-17652a13a6cc
  5. icons on my desktop

icons on my desktop: I picked some icons to go on my shortcuts but they ended up on my desktop.my other ones would not stay in place they disappeared all the time .so im trying to put these new ones in there place but I don't know how to do it.im not that good at computer s but im trying to...
  6. How do I copy my Favorites from Win 10 Surface to Win 10 Desktop

in Browsers and Email
    How do I copy my Favorites from Win 10 Surface to Win 10 Desktop: My desktop lost boot record and I had to install fresh. I want to copy my favorites from my Surface to my desktop . How do I do that. Thanks 80608
  7. Win 10 Pro Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Pro Desktop Icons: How can Microsoft be informed that its Customers are not pleased to have Windows Updates upset Desktop Icons, when Updating. I had a major Update yesterday ( 1703 OS Build 15063.296) and today I find all of my Desktop Icons (100) mixed up everywhere, which is not only...
  8. Exclude folder form Symbolic link ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Exclude folder form Symbolic link ?: Can I use Xcopy / Robocopy to create not only a symbolic link but exclude a folder from the symbolic link creation ? 80242
  9. Reinstall Win 10 onto Win 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Win 10 onto Win 7: A computer glitch during a download (in Win 10) required that the only way to start up ( I tried several programs that wouldn't work-Intermediate to advanced user). The recovery loaded the original Win 7. I had loaded Win 10 free during appropriate time period. Is there...
  10. Copying / moving files form Win Explorer not possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying / moving files form Win Explorer not possible?: When I try to copy / move a file or folder from the Win Explorer (as admin) to another program this sign is shown, transferring is not possible: [img] How could I make it work? 72751