Windows 10: How To Copy All files From A Corrupted User Profile?

Discus and support How To Copy All files From A Corrupted User Profile? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,I have a corrupted user profile,And I want to copy all files from that user to the other user in the same PCAny help will be appreciated!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AristusPlayz, May 7, 2021.

1. How To Copy All files From A Corrupted User Profile?

Hello,I have a corrupted user profile,And I want to copy all files from that user to the other user in the same PCAny help will be appreciated!

:)

AristusPlayz, May 7, 2021
  2. Jonas Flo Win User

Corrupted User Profile

Hi,

There maybe a couple of reasons behind this misbehavior such as a corrupted system file. However, we would like to be able to verify which process exactly is corrupted.

• When you install, does it give you any form of error message when it fails?
    • What other processes doesn't go through on the said User account?

As per troubleshooting, you may refer to
    Likhitha V
    's response on this thread. See if it applies to you. However,
    just to give you a heads up. The steps are about creating a new user profile and deleting the current one. I suggest you back up your files so you may be able to transfer it. You can also find information about it on the same thread.

We'll be waiting for your response. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, May 7, 2021
  3. How to copy administrator user account

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to copy the user date and check if it helps.

Note: I suggest to create a new user profile and transfer user data to new account and delete or change the corrupt user profile.

Copy User Data: Follow the below steps to copy files to the new user profile

• Log on as a user other than the user whose profile you are copying files to or from.
    • In Windows Explorer, click View, and Check mark hidden files and folders, uncheck the
      Hide protected operating system files check box, and then click
      OK
    • Locate the C:\Users\Old Username folder, where
      C is the drive on which Windows is installed, and Old Username is the name of the profile you want to copy user data from.
    • Press and hold down the CTRL key while you click each file and subfolder in this folder, except the following files:

• Ntuser.dat

• Ntuser.dat.log

• Ntuser.ini
    • On the Edit menu, click
      Copy
    • Locate the C:\Users\New Username folder, where
      C is the drive on which Windows is installed, and New Username is the name of the user profile that you created in the "Create a New User Profile" section.
    • On the Edit menu, click
      Paste
    • Log off the computer, and then log on as the new user.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 7, 2021
  4. Romel Ram Win User

How To Copy All files From A Corrupted User Profile?

Corrupted user profile

Hi Mason,

It is possible that this issue is due to the corrupted user profile. To properly troubleshoot the issue, kindly verify the following:

• Have you tried using another user profile and test the issue?
    • Have you tried performing a clean boot to eliminate software conflicts?
    • Have you tried running System File Checker to check for any file corruption?

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, May 7, 2021
Thema:

How To Copy All files From A Corrupted User Profile?

1. How To Copy All files From A Corrupted User Profile? - Similar Threads - Copy files Corrupted

2. Corrupt User Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt User Profile: Recently, I've been trying to purchase an application on the Microsoft Store, however the payment screen would always go blank in a matter of seconds. After some online research, I was able to follow a thread that proposed the solution of trying to purchase the application...
  3. Corrupted user profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted user profile: Hello,A couple days ago I tried to rename my personal folder name viaProperties > Advanced system settings > Settings Under user profiles > I don't remember the rest.After this sometimes the taskbar does not peek when I move my cursor to the screen bottom I have turned on...
  4. Corrupted user profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted user profile: Hello,A couple days ago I tried to rename my personal folder name viaProperties > Advanced system settings > Settings Under user profiles > I don't remember the rest.After this sometimes the taskbar does not peek when I move my cursor to the screen bottom I have turned on...
  5. Corrupt User Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt User Profile: My main only user profile cannot launch cmd.exe, Windows Defender, and a 1-2 other utilities. This happened after I install a Linux distro using WSL. Tried troubleshooting it using online solutions, which didn't help. I upgraded to Windows 11 and that didn't help. I took my...
  6. Corrupted User Profile

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Corrupted User Profile: Is there a way to fix a corrupted user profile WITHOUT just making a new one and migrate everything over to it?This only issue we have is not being able to activate Office 365 apps. We have already gone through all troubleshooting steps with Microsoft to fix the activation...
  7. Corrupted User Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted User Profile: Is there a way to fix a corrupted user profile WITHOUT just making a new one and migrate everything over to it?This only issue we have is not being able to activate Office 365 apps. We have already gone through all troubleshooting steps with Microsoft to fix the activation...
  8. Copy Users Profile All Users and Default User

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy Users Profile All Users and Default User: How to copy All Users and Default User from C drive to D drive?All Users and Default User seems to be shortcut icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-users-profile-all-users-and-default-user/e94bb39f-d648-4b2e-a930-a7aea4c158e2
  9. Recovery from corrupt user profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovery from corrupt user profile: I normally log on to my laptop (Windows 10, 32-bit) using my Microsoft account. Just over a week ago, it developed a fault, telling me that I had entered an incorrect password. I knew this wasn't the case as I can still log on to my other computer using the same Microsoft...
  10. How to fix corrupt user profile by copying the new profile to it?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to fix corrupt user profile by copying the new profile to it?: Just did a clean install of Windows 10 (Pro), installed all the updates, but my Start Menu is broken - when you start typing in the search box, it shows no results, if I type "Settings", nothing comes up, if I type "Word", nothing gets there. Curiously, if I type the full...