Windows 10: How to copy/create a reg key to every user in hkey_current_user?

Discus and support How to copy/create a reg key to every user in hkey_current_user? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey Guys Does anyone know how I can create a reg key that only get installed once for every user in hkey_current user? I've heard I can create one in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ancient, May 5, 2019.

1. ancient Win User

How to copy/create a reg key to every user in hkey_current_user?

Hey Guys

Does anyone know how I can create a reg key that only get installed once for every user in hkey_current user?
    I've heard I can create one in hklm and from there it can be copied to hcu ?

Thanks.

:)

ancient, May 5, 2019

2. How to copy administrator user account

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to copy the user date and check if it helps.

Note: I suggest to create a new user profile and transfer user data to new account and delete or change the corrupt user profile.

Copy User Data: Follow the below steps to copy files to the new user profile

• Log on as a user other than the user whose profile you are copying files to or from.
    • In Windows Explorer, click View, and Check mark hidden files and folders, uncheck the
      Hide protected operating system files check box, and then click
      OK
    • Locate the C:\Users\Old Username folder, where
      C is the drive on which Windows is installed, and Old Username is the name of the profile you want to copy user data from.
    • Press and hold down the CTRL key while you click each file and subfolder in this folder, except the following files:

• Ntuser.dat

• Ntuser.dat.log

• Ntuser.ini
    • On the Edit menu, click
      Copy
    • Locate the C:\Users\New Username folder, where
      C is the drive on which Windows is installed, and New Username is the name of the user profile that you created in the "Create a New User Profile" section.
    • On the Edit menu, click
      Paste
    • Log off the computer, and then log on as the new user.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 5, 2019
  3. budi Win User
    Registry strange behavior in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\...

I tried to clear all contents of
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts
    then set security permission to logger user name () to be clear from:

• create key
    • set value
    and let it inherently apply to all keys under it

But it responds with icons flickering / blinking very often
    so I undo the security setting.. but while keeping on registry browsing under this key I came across:

1. The jpg filetype key and userchoice key were created
    2. On userchoice key the logging user () ACL was created, and
    3. It's set to DENY on SET VALUE !

How to copy/create a reg key to every user in hkey_current_user? [​IMG]

Is it windows 10 behavior or an intruder's been screwing up ?
    Please help me.. many thanks in advance

budi, May 5, 2019
  4. Tryx3 Win User

create user fails windows 10

Geoff,

This is a shot in the dark.

Several people have been reporting different problems logging in to newly created user accounts.

• They just get a user profile service failed message instead of your symptoms.
    • Whilst their symptom is different, it occurs to me that the cause might be the same.
    • The common factor is that it affects newly-created user accounts that have never been successfully logged into.

So, I suggest having a look at my explanations in Cannot create a new user account that can be login.

In short -

1 Try copying the NTUSER.DAT file from the [hidden] C:\Users\Default folder of a computer that does not exhibit the problem.

2 Try copying the whole [hidden] C:\Users\Default folder group from a computer that does not exhibit the problem.

3 Try recreating the [hidden] C:\Users\Default folder group using Kapil Arya's linked article.

I have nothing other than a gut feeling to justify suggesting these steps,

Best of luck,

Denis

Tryx3, May 5, 2019
Thema:

1. How to copy/create a reg key to every user in hkey_current_user? - Similar Threads - copy create reg

2. How do I copy the value of a Registry Key, or part of the value, using a .reg file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I copy the value of a Registry Key, or part of the value, using a .reg file?: I want to set up a .reg file for restoring all my customizations when I reinstall or move to a new computer, but I do not have certainty that the file structure or registry values will be the same. So, I need modify some keys with imperfect information about their values. For...
  3. How do I copy the value of a Registry Key, or part of the value, using a .reg file?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I copy the value of a Registry Key, or part of the value, using a .reg file?: I want to set up a .reg file for restoring all my customizations when I reinstall or move to a new computer, but I do not have certainty that the file structure or registry values will be the same. So, I need modify some keys with imperfect information about their values. For...
  4. How to create a .reg file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create a .reg file?: I wanted to know how to create a .reg file in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-reg-file/2b6be1e5-3228-47ad-ba44-758e0a97dfc9
  5. How to create a .reg file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create a .reg file?: I wanted to know how to create a .reg file in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-reg-file/2b6be1e5-3228-47ad-ba44-758e0a97dfc9
  6. How to create a .reg file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. How to propagate a registry key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to HKEY_CURRENT_USER

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to propagate a registry key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to HKEY_CURRENT_USER: Hello I have a script that creates a registry key to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE HKLM. I try to use the feature that duplicates a registry key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to HKEY_CURRENT_USER. The script is following. # Create registry key for all users in HKCU using registry key...
  8. Using Powershell to delete REG key for all users

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Powershell to delete REG key for all users: Hey all, not sure if this is the right place to ask, especially considering how pointed the question is. We're trying to do a thorough clean install of a software due to changing the version (specifically, we're moving from SolidWorks 2017 to 2020 SP04). However, the issue...
  9. Creating a reg file or shortcut.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating a reg file or shortcut.: Is there any way I can create shortcut or reg file to enable/disable a rule of Inbound and Outbound of Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security? submitted by /u/npc73 [link] [comments]...
  10. changing key in reg

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    changing key in reg: Tried to change the key in directx. Message New Key#1 entered new key following this message. Hit enter. Closed directx and the old key number was still listed. What do I need to do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to create a regkey for hkcu

2. how to merge teh same reg key to a hkey user with out know the sid