Windows 10: How to copy display language setting English (Canada) to welcome screen and new users?

Discus and support How to copy display language setting English (Canada) to welcome screen and new users? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am a member of the Administrators group and I try to copy my display language to the Welcome screen and new users. Part of Windows knows correctly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Norman Diamond, May 5, 2019.

1. How to copy display language setting English (Canada) to welcome screen and new users?

I am a member of the Administrators group and I try to copy my display language to the Welcome screen and new users. Part of Windows knows correctly that my Windows display language is English (Canada). When I try to copy the settings to the Welcome screen and new users, Windows thinks that my Display language is English (United Kingdom). Windows copies the wrong setting.

(Fortunately Windows lets me delete the US keyboard layout that Windows keeps adding every time I make a change. I brought computers from Japan and they still have the same Japanese keyboard that they had before, but now my display language should be English (Canada).)

How to copy display language setting English (Canada) to welcome screen and new users? 1193e6dd-a76a-4a86-b781-1bf5cd86b201?upload=true.png

:)

Norman Diamond, May 5, 2019

2. Is there language pack for English(Canada)?

EDIT: Comment obsolete. Correction posted below.

After following the above steps, clicking "Options" next to "English (Canada)" (in the "Language" control panel window) shows the message "Windows display language -----
    A language pack isn't available".

The language pack manual-download page (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/language-packs#lptabs=win10)
    also shows no language pack for "English (Canada)" - only "English (United States)", English (United
    Kingdom)", and "French (Canada)".

"English (Canada)" cannot be set as the display language, because "English (Canada)" apparently
    does not exist as a display language for Windows 10.

Not only does this prevent Windows 10 (build 10547) from recognizing Canadian English spelling variants, it also prevents Cortana from functioning as announced in Canada, as it will not enable itself if the region and display language do not
    both match the values it's looking for.

HaloInverse, May 5, 2019
  3. Is there language pack for English(Canada)?

Sure, it loads the language pack and then continues to search for updates constantly. No error messages just the twirly. Cortana still won't work with the mismatched region/language error. This is a new computer and I set it up for the Canadian features right
    from the first boot. English(Canada) is still broken!

BrokenSystem, May 5, 2019
  4. How to copy display language setting English (Canada) to welcome screen and new users?

Is there language pack for English(Canada)?

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow these steps to add English (Canada) language from control panel.

• Type language in the search bar on desktop of Windows 10, then click on
      Add a language tab in the language Window.

• Click on English tab in the
      Add a language
      Window, then double click on English (Canada) to add to
      change your language preferences in the language Window under
      Control panel.
    Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the updated information, in order to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, May 5, 2019
Thema:

How to copy display language setting English (Canada) to welcome screen and new users?

1. How to copy display language setting English (Canada) to welcome screen and new users? - Similar Threads - copy display language

2. Welcome Screen and New User Accounts Settings STILL incorrectly shows English United...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Welcome Screen and New User Accounts Settings STILL incorrectly shows English United...: This is a poke-post on one that was opened a year ago and has been closed despite the fact the problem still persists. Original article is here:...
  3. Welcome Screen and New User Accounts Settings STILL incorrectly shows English United...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Welcome Screen and New User Accounts Settings STILL incorrectly shows English United...: This is a poke-post on one that was opened a year ago and has been closed despite the fact the problem still persists. Original article is here:...
  4. Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA: Hi,I noticed when setting a wallpaper today it listed the options as "centre" and "colour". I only have English United States downloaded and only have English US for keyboard. Why would it be displaying like this? My region is set to Canada as I live here - I just prefer...
  5. Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA

Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA: Hi,I noticed when setting a wallpaper today it listed the options as "centre" and "colour". I only have English United States downloaded and only have English US for keyboard. Why would it be displaying like this? My region is set to Canada as I live here - I just prefer...
  6. Welcome Screen and New User Accounts Settings incorrectly shows English United Kingdom as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Welcome Screen and New User Accounts Settings incorrectly shows English United Kingdom as...: Greets all,I am running Windows 10 Version 21H2.I believe the following is a bug.My Display Language found in Settings/Time & Language/Language is set to English Australia however if I go to Control Panel/Region/Administrative and select the Copy Settings button in the panel...
  7. Welcome Screen and New User Accounts Settings incorrectly shows English United Kingdom as...

Welcome Screen and New User Accounts Settings incorrectly shows English United Kingdom as...: Greets all,I am running Windows 10 Version 21H2.I believe the following is a bug.My Display Language found in Settings/Time & Language/Language is set to English Australia however if I go to Control Panel/Region/Administrative and select the Copy Settings button in the panel...
  8. Welcome Screen and New User Accounts Settings incorrectly shows English United Kingdom as...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. CORRECT Language Settings for English Canada on Windows 10. Here's how:

CORRECT Language Settings for English Canada on Windows 10. Here's how:: I have had enough frustration caused by Microsoft when it comes to setting up my device and using English Canada for spellings. One thing I do not understand is that, why offer English Canada and set it as machine's default web and apps language when in fact the Windows...
  10. English (Canada)

English (Canada): Yes Microsoft, you got it right. You say the problem is at your end, and it is indeed. Now, how can I retry? Version 1909. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/english-canada/4510e292-4fc7-430c-9625-ef78d7344cf0