Windows 10: How to copy files from PC to OneDrive with no syncing enabled

Discus and support How to copy files from PC to OneDrive with no syncing enabled in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Windows 10 OneDrive seems to only want to operate as your primary file storage repository with your PC being a potential backup for OneDrive. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by addmorebhp, Feb 16, 2016.

1. How to copy files from PC to OneDrive with no syncing enabled

Hello,
    Windows 10 OneDrive seems to only want to operate as your primary file storage repository with your PC being a potential backup for OneDrive. I do not want to use it in that manner. How do I use OneDrive to simply copy selected files and folders from my PC to OneDrive without any Syncing enabled? If I deselect 'Sync files and folders' in OneDrive settings, it seems to disable the OneDrive link in File Explorer. Ideally I would like to have a backup setup to sync OneDrive with my PC so that OneDrive mirrors my PC...not the other way around. However, I would be happy with just figuring out how to copy files from PC to OneDrive using File Explorer.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Best Regards,

:)

addmorebhp, Feb 16, 2016

2. Syncing from PC to OneDrive

HELP

I do not want to have the main storage be OneDrive. I want to have master files on my PC and the OneDrive synced as a backup up. Everything I am seeing looks like I am required to move everything to OneDrive first and then sync it to my computer so that
    the Master is in the Cloud.

I work with rather large files like MS Project and Excel (on DSL/WIFI) and saving to a cloud location takes additional time to save and update it on the cloud. I have no interest in it always saving to the cloud but only when the computer is unused.

Please advise how to do so.

***Post moved by moderator to the appropriate category.***

MDTomitsch, Feb 16, 2016
  3. Syncing from PC to OneDrive

Hi,

Let us change the default storage where your files will be saved. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button and then click Settings.
    • Choose System and then go to Storage.
    • Choose a location where you want your files to be saved.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Feb 16, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

How to copy files from PC to OneDrive with no syncing enabled

Copy files to C:\Users\yourusername\OneDrive.

Ztruker, Feb 16, 2016
  5. Thanks Ztruker.

Does this mean there is no way to copy files using the OneDrive tree structure showing in File Explorer?
    Again, this is with syncing from Onedrive to PC disabled.

addmorebhp, Feb 17, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Yes, you use File Explorer. All I gave you was the path to the OneDrive folder on your hard drive.

How to copy files from PC to OneDrive with no syncing enabled [​IMG]

If that's not what you mean please explain.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to copy files from PC to OneDrive with no syncing enabled

1. How to copy files from PC to OneDrive with no syncing enabled - Similar Threads - copy files OneDrive

2. hiding onedrive synced file from pc but keeping them in onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hiding onedrive synced file from pc but keeping them in onedrive: whenever I try and unselect a folder via account settings "choose folder" option with pictures in it which are in documents that transfered via onedrive to new pc I get a "cant stop syncing folders cause it contains the windows documents folder" message I tried selecting the...
  3. hiding onedrive synced file from pc but keeping them in onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hiding onedrive synced file from pc but keeping them in onedrive: whenever I try and unselect a folder via account settings "choose folder" option with pictures in it which are in documents that transfered via onedrive to new pc I get a "cant stop syncing folders cause it contains the windows documents folder" message I tried selecting the...
  4. Syncing Onedrive files to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing Onedrive files to new PC: I have a Onedrive account that currently syncs to my Windows 11 PC. If I sign into that account from a new PC replacing my existing PC, will it sync all of the existing files to my new PC?...
  5. Copying files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying files from OneDrive: When I try and copy 100 MB of files from OneDrive to another drive, if the destination drive does not have 200 MB of space twice the size of the files to be copied, Windows will tell me there is not enough room to copy the files.After the files are copied, they only take up...
  6. Copying files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying files from OneDrive: When I try and copy 100 MB of files from OneDrive to another drive, if the destination drive does not have 200 MB of space twice the size of the files to be copied, Windows will tell me there is not enough room to copy the files.After the files are copied, they only take up...
  7. Copying files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Sync a copy on OneDrive

Sync a copy on OneDrive: Is it possible to sync automatically a copy of a program on OneDrive? Or this is only possible if I transfer the program to OneDrive? Thanks, Daniel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-a-copy-on-onedrive/cde38971-cc83-49a9-b780-2edb1a82b328
  9. How to ignore existing files when copying files to Onedrive (not syncing)

How to ignore existing files when copying files to Onedrive (not syncing): I am trying to find out how to ignore duplicate files and folders from copying to Onedrive. When I copy a directory from my Onedrive for Business to my Onedrive personal, I only get two options when encountering duplicate files: "Replace all" or "Keep all" (rename it and...
  10. How to stop onedrive from syncing unwanted files?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop onedrive from syncing unwanted files?: I'd like to set my one drive to only store and save screenshots. Is it possible? - A bit off topic Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-onedrive-from-syncing-unwanted-files/95560840-7a0a-497d-89bc-0c9b45b4433a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. C:\Users\Edward\OneDrive\Camera Roll\Desktop\New folder\CUAssistant\Logs - Copy

2. copy files to onedrive without syncing to pc

3. copy toonedrive without sync

4. copy file to onedrive without sync,
  5. copy files to onedrive without synching