Windows 10: How to copy files to WindowsIcons folder? Access denied!

Discus and support How to copy files to WindowsIcons folder? Access denied! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to change the default icons of some Windows apps like Camera and Calculator. I found the folder where these icons are located. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jj2016, Mar 1, 2019.

1. jj2016 Win User

How to copy files to WindowsIcons folder? Access denied!

I am trying to change the default icons of some Windows apps like Camera and Calculator. I found the folder where these icons are located. For instance, the Camera icons are located here.
    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsCamera_2018.825.120.0_neutral_split.scale-150_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Assets\WindowsIcons
    However, this folder is locked shut. You can't edit the icon png files here, nor can you copy files from another directory to this folder. I tried to mess with the Security tab and even tried the Unlocker software but no result. Are there any third party programs (preferably free) that will allow me to copy my custom icon files to this folder? Suppose I boot Linux from a pen drive, would I be able to copy the files then or would it be still locked?

How to copy files to WindowsIcons folder? Access denied! [​IMG]

How to copy files to WindowsIcons folder? Access denied! [​IMG]

:)

jj2016, Mar 1, 2019
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Mar 1, 2019
  4. LoneZ Win User

Access denied on windows 7

My friend copied a folder for me through a pendrive and I could copy all of the files
    except an application file(exe.) saying that "file access denied"and I require to get permission from the file owner or contact the administrator.

I read the tips on changing ownership but this whole folder does not have a "security" tab in the properties menu. The same goes to the application file itself.

So what can I do now?*Confused How to copy files to WindowsIcons folder? Access denied! :confused:
    Its frustrating.

LoneZ, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

1. How to copy files to WindowsIcons folder? Access denied! - Similar Threads - copy files WindowsIcons

2. Denied Folder Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Denied Folder Access: I am the sole administrator on my computer and there are also no other users, and when I click "security tab", it won't let me configure user access. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/denied-folder-access/e4b38c4a-8106-4783-96d4-8c2c6a35f528
  3. Folder Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Access Denied: When I try to delete an old windows 10 download it keeps saying "You require permission from DESKTOP-Name\my name to make changes to this folder. I already have take ownership of everything in it. But I still can't delete anything. [IMG]...
  4. Folder Access Denied

Folder Access Denied: I have a folder under Users/<Me>/Pictures that I need to rename but am unable to. I get the following error: [ATTACH] NOTE: I am this user and also "own" the folder: [ATTACH] How do I resolve this? Any ideas?...
  5. Folder Access Denied

Folder Access Denied: Hi, I keep receiving a pop-up box that tells me I need permission to perform this action. Why am I getting this when I am signed in as administrator? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-access-denied/c4b15789-9e65-47ab-afe0-04de0692824a
  6. Access denied to copy 'autorun.inf' file.

Access denied to copy 'autorun.inf' file.: Hey there!! I was creating a Windows 10 Media setup, but it failed. So I downloaded Windows 10 ISO Image and extracted it with PowerISO. It worked well till here. After that, while transferring the extracted files to a USB drive, access to the 'autorun.inf' was denied. And...
  7. Deny Access To Folder and Files

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deny Access To Folder and Files: Hi, I want to deny total access to the folder, its subfolders and its contents. There are many files in the folder. But only the folder is processed. What is wrong with this command line? icacls "C:\Users\John\Pictures\Folder" /deny "John":(RX,W) /t /c I even tried :...
  8. How to access a denied folder

How to access a denied folder: In folder c:\users\Number_6, I know there's a folder called Start Menu. But that folder does not show up when I use File Explorer. when I use Agent Ransack to show all folders named Start Menu, it brings up that folder; but when I double-click on that entry when Agent...
  9. Deleting files/folders access denied

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting files/folders access denied: Ok I have a flash drive connected to my network directly inserted into my router. After much research and toying with the settings I finally got it to show up in Windows File Explorer and it appears under "THIS PC" as one of my drives on the "NETWORK" and when I view...
  10. Access denied to folders and files

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied to folders and files: Runnin win 10 since 2 weeks. Trying to copy all files from external HD to new second internal HD. some files copied no problem, other files and folders will either not copy (administrator rights) or are outright "access denied". All are films, no programs. I got full...