Windows 10: How to copy from one flash drive to another?

Discus and support How to copy from one flash drive to another? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I copy the folders from one flash drive to another and preserve the folder modification dates and security permissions?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by A123, May 1, 2021.

1. A123 Win User

How to copy from one flash drive to another?

How do I copy the folders from one flash drive to another and preserve the folder modification dates and security permissions?

:)

A123, May 1, 2021
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Copying movie to Flash Drive

Hi Todd,

One way on how to save and move files to a flash drive is by using the File Explorer in Windows 10. To assist you with your concern, to save your movie file to a flash drive, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your USB flash drive to your PC.
    • Navigate to the folder or location where you save your movie files.
    • Right-click on the movie file and select
      Copy
    • Right-click on the Start menu, and select
      File Explorer.
    • On the left-pane, double-click on This PC.
    • Double-click on the drive letter that correspond to your USB flash drive.
    • Right-click and select Paste.
    • Wait for the process to complete the transfer.
    • Once you’re done, you can safely remove your USB flash drive.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, May 1, 2021
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    CD to flash drive

Hi Pam,

There are several ways to copy your pictures from the CD to the Flash drive. One of which is by using the shortcut keys to copy and paste it.

We suggest following the steps below:

• Insert the CD and flash drive to your PC.
    • Use Cortana and type File Explorer then click it.
    • Choose This PC.
    • Open the CD drive.
    • If all the pictures are in a specific folder, press Ctrl + A
      on your keyboard to automatically choose all the pictures then, press Ctrl + C to copy it.
    • Afterwards, Open the Flash drive, choose the location where you want to copy the pictures then press
      Ctrl + V to paste it.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mayra Aqu, May 1, 2021
  4. How to copy from one flash drive to another?

Copy and paste W10 not working when copy and pasting files in flash drive

Hi Ronald,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be gad to assist you with this issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• Is the issue with particular Flash drive?
    • Are you able to copy and past with in Windows?
    • What is the format of the Flash drive?
    To isolate the issue I suggest you check using the flash drive in different port and check. If the issue persists, I suggest you to check with different flash drive and check if you are facing the same issue.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you with this issue further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 1, 2021
Thema:

How to copy from one flash drive to another?

1. How to copy from one flash drive to another? - Similar Threads - copy flash drive

2. Way to *copy* Xbox PC games from one drive to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Way to *copy* Xbox PC games from one drive to another?: Heyo, as the title says I'd like to take ARK: Survival Evolved for example and copy it to another drive. I would like to keep the game on drive A, while also copying the files over to drive B. A friend of mine a distance a way has a very painful bandwidth cap and really can't...
  3. can't copy a large folder from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't copy a large folder from one drive to another: trying to copy a large folder windows.old, about 13 gb from C; to D;. process stops in midstream and hangs. ideas? On a windows 10 desktop PC...
  4. How to switch backups from one drive to another

How to switch backups from one drive to another: My computer had Windows 7 which I upgraded to Windows 10. I was using the Windows Backup program but my drive ran out of room and it had to stop backing up and gave me errors. Now I bought a new 8 TB usb external drive. I changed my settings to back up to that drive and it...
  5. How to increase transfer rate when copying files from one local drive to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to increase transfer rate when copying files from one local drive to another?: I noticed when copying big files, the transfer speed is not maximized. When copying a file, the transfer rate for the first few seconds plays around 1-2GBps. Then it slows down below 150MBps and it stays that way. Is there way I can speed it up? When I am copying a file less...
  6. Copying from one media to another in Windows 10

Copying from one media to another in Windows 10: I have tried to copy a CD to a thumb drive, but I can't get it right. I remember being able to click on one drive and drag it to another. This process doesn't seem to work anymore. Can someone tell me if there is a way to do this? Thank you...
  7. Unable to copy and paste from one monitor to another

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to copy and paste from one monitor to another: I am using two monitors with windows 10. I cannot copy and paste from one monitor to the other ***Modified title from: I am using two monitors with windows 10. I cannot copy and paste from one monitor to the other***...
  8. COPY PHOTOS FROM ONE PC TO ANOTHER

COPY PHOTOS FROM ONE PC TO ANOTHER: I have over 7000 photos in file explorer on my old Toshiba laptop - What is the simplest way to copy these files to my new laptop - Both operate Windows 10 - Any advice gratefully received....
  9. Copy Windows APP from one PC to another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy Windows APP from one PC to another?: Greetings! I just noticed a Store bought APP not being available for download anymore so I can't get it onto my new PC. Apparently It's not even visible to me anymore when searching for it in my Store Library. Where I DO still have access to it is on my old PC so...
  10. How to copy all settings / desktop from one Laptop to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to copy all settings / desktop from one Laptop to another: I am going to get a new laptop and want to setup settings / desktop the same as old Laptop. Both laptops have Windows 10. Any ideas how this can be done without doing it manually so I can save time? Thank you for all help given. 27644