Windows 10: How to copy from one flash drive to another?

Discus and support How to copy from one flash drive to another? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I copy the folders from one flash drive to another and preserve the folder modification dates and security permissions?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by A123, May 1, 2021.

1. A123 Win User

How to copy from one flash drive to another?

How do I copy the folders from one flash drive to another and preserve the folder modification dates and security permissions?

:)

A123, May 1, 2021
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Copying movie to Flash Drive

Hi Todd,

One way on how to save and move files to a flash drive is by using the File Explorer in Windows 10. To assist you with your concern, to save your movie file to a flash drive, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your USB flash drive to your PC.
    • Navigate to the folder or location where you save your movie files.
    • Right-click on the movie file and select
      Copy
    • Right-click on the Start menu, and select
      File Explorer.
    • On the left-pane, double-click on This PC.
    • Double-click on the drive letter that correspond to your USB flash drive.
    • Right-click and select Paste.
    • Wait for the process to complete the transfer.
    • Once you’re done, you can safely remove your USB flash drive.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, May 1, 2021
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    CD to flash drive

Hi Pam,

There are several ways to copy your pictures from the CD to the Flash drive. One of which is by using the shortcut keys to copy and paste it.

We suggest following the steps below:

• Insert the CD and flash drive to your PC.
    • Use Cortana and type File Explorer then click it.
    • Choose This PC.
    • Open the CD drive.
    • If all the pictures are in a specific folder, press Ctrl + A
      on your keyboard to automatically choose all the pictures then, press Ctrl + C to copy it.
    • Afterwards, Open the Flash drive, choose the location where you want to copy the pictures then press
      Ctrl + V to paste it.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mayra Aqu, May 1, 2021
  4. How to copy from one flash drive to another?

Copy and paste W10 not working when copy and pasting files in flash drive

Hi Ronald,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be gad to assist you with this issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• Is the issue with particular Flash drive?
    • Are you able to copy and past with in Windows?
    • What is the format of the Flash drive?
    To isolate the issue I suggest you check using the flash drive in different port and check. If the issue persists, I suggest you to check with different flash drive and check if you are facing the same issue.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you with this issue further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 1, 2021
Thema:

How to copy from one flash drive to another?

1. How to copy from one flash drive to another? - Similar Threads - copy flash drive

2. How to copy a file from one server to another ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to copy a file from one server to another ?: Hello, I have a basic question of how to copy a file in one server to another server that I need your help?For example , I have this file in my server : test-myserver-sql1C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\DTS\Binn\dtutil.exeAnd I want to copy it to my second server :...
  3. How to copy a file from one server to another ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to copy a file from one server to another ?: Hello, I have a basic question of how to copy a file in one server to another server that I need your help?For example , I have this file in my server : test-myserver-sql1C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\DTS\Binn\dtutil.exeAnd I want to copy it to my second server :...
  4. How to copy a file from one server to another ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I fully copy one drive to another one in windows?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I fully copy one drive to another one in windows?: Hi, just wondering is there any function or steps can support to do a full copy from one drive to another?For instance, I have a Drive D used for storing my files. And then I created a new drive, let's say Drive E, the space of Drive E is from an external storage device. I'd...
  6. How can I fully copy one drive to another one in windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fully copy one drive to another one in windows?: Hi, just wondering is there any function or steps can support to do a full copy from one drive to another?For instance, I have a Drive D used for storing my files. And then I created a new drive, let's say Drive E, the space of Drive E is from an external storage device. I'd...
  7. How can I fully copy one drive to another one in windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Copying files from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copying files from one drive to another: Hello, I am copying my useless files from my small storaged ssd to my harddrive, but when i copy over the files their sizes are 10x bigger, the files im copying is only 7.20 gb large but it's copying 70gb worth of storage to my hdd? Please give answers :) submitted by...
  9. copying from one external hard drive to another

copying from one external hard drive to another: I am trying to copy a large folder of photo files from one external hard drive to another in Windows 10. I used a drag and drop command and the resulting window showed progress as I could see the names of individual photo files showing briefly. After the copy process...
  10. can't copy a large folder from one drive to another

can't copy a large folder from one drive to another: trying to copy a large folder windows.old, about 13 gb from C; to D;. process stops in midstream and hangs. ideas? On a windows 10 desktop PC...