Windows 10: How to Copy list of file and folder names to Clipboard in Windows 10

Discus and support How to Copy list of file and folder names to Clipboard in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]When you have a lot of files and folders, it becomes difficult to keep track, and that’s why it becomes important to maintain a list of names... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 16, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to Copy list of file and folder names to Clipboard in Windows 10

WinClub, Jun 16, 2021
  2. RickC Win User

List file names than a folder.

I find the easiest method is to just add it as an option to the context menu (using a REG file). This way I can just right-click on a folder and choose the Copy FILE list to Clipboard option:

How to Copy list of file and folder names to Clipboard in Windows 10 [​IMG]

This copies a list of just filenames to the clipboard which I can then paste into Notepad or whatever. As an alternative you can choose a file list with additional info (date/time/filesize):

How to Copy list of file and folder names to Clipboard in Windows 10 [​IMG]

1. Download/unzip this Context menu-Copy_file_list_to_clipboard.zip file. It contains 2 REG files:

Context menu - Copy FILE list to Clipboard - ADD.reg
    Context menu - Copy FILE list to Clipboard inc. Details - ADD.reg

2. Double-click on whichever REG file you prefer, accept the User Account Control prompt and merge it into the registry (or merge both REG files to give yourself both options).

That's it. Hope this helps...

RickC, Jun 16, 2021
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Jun 16, 2021
  4. Wozzer Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

1. How to Copy list of file and folder names to Clipboard in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Copy list file

2. how to copy clipboard to paint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to copy clipboard to paint: how to copy clipboard to paint https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-copy-clipboard-to-paint/abb8e2fb-65b7-4f68-b07b-8f8c80e5547a
  3. how to copy clipboard to paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to copy clipboard to paint: how to copy clipboard to paint https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-copy-clipboard-to-paint/abb8e2fb-65b7-4f68-b07b-8f8c80e5547a
  4. how to copy clipboard to paint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to change Copy name extension for Files and Folders in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Copy name extension for Files and Folders in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]In Windows 11, the method to Cut, Copy, Paste, Rename, Delete, Share Files and Folders remains the same as in Windows 10 – but these files/folders operation commands can be accessed via the Show more options context menu. In this post, we will show you how to change...
  6. List file names than a folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    List file names than a folder.: Is there a bat file to generate the list of file names that I have inside a folder? If possible you can help me to do it or give me suggestions. Thanks in advance. Please. 162655
  7. Copy files with similar names to folders with similar names

Copy files with similar names to folders with similar names: Hello, I am using windows and have the following situation: I have multiple PDF files which naming system is as following: 0. AAL00-SPI-FOR-535-1801 0. AAL00-SPI-FOR-535-1802 0. AAL00-SPI-FOR-535-1807 I also have folders that are named as following:...
  8. For Windows 8 and 10, how do I create a list of file names in a folder

For Windows 8 and 10, how do I create a list of file names in a folder: For Windows 8 and 10, how do I create a list of file names in a folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/for-windows-8-and-10-how-do-i-create-a-list-of/f4ce754c-6b0c-4427-8c9d-fc77f0b6c7cf
  9. Copy folder or file names as a text file

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy folder or file names as a text file: Hi i have an extension called copy file names but doesn’t work very well, mucks up the order.... if i I use the windows option it works but I get more info than I need, I simply want the file name... are there switches Cher’s I can use to achieve this ..? thanks 135675
  10. How to copy files with reserved names?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to copy files with reserved names?: I use an encryption & password protection program with an export function that creates file names containing "CON.". No problem if I just want to export and import the files, but I cannot copy the exported files. An attempt results in an invalid handle error. I assume that is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows context menu copy name