Windows 10: How to copy only images files from different subfolders and keep the tree of subfolders as...

Discus and support How to copy only images files from different subfolders and keep the tree of subfolders as... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a folder containing 3d Objects with their thumbs, and I want only to copy thumbs to a different path but with keeping the subfolder pathes, is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 80070005 !, Oct 31, 2020.

1. How to copy only images files from different subfolders and keep the tree of subfolders as...

I have a folder containing 3d Objects with their thumbs, and I want only to copy thumbs to a different path but with keeping the subfolder pathes, is there any way I can do that?

Note that this file has big size that I cannot duplicate it to my HD and delete the 3D files after that.

:)

80070005 !, Oct 31, 2020
  2. Ms Loo Win User

Number of files in folder and subfolder are different

Dear all,

Please advise how i can solve the issue of different file count in folder and subfolder....

Assuming I create a new folder for 4 subfolders, there are 53 files in subfolders (which is correct), but folder of the 4 subfolders for file count is different. Please help me.

Thank you.

Ms Loo, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Uplink10 Win User
    Archive Manager, can't extract without creating subfolder

I am trying to extract an archive which contains an archive split into multiple files and for that I need Archive Manager to extract the first archive not in any subfolders.

I read on the internet that if there is more than one file in the archive Archive Manager will automatically create a subfolder when extracting, now I think that there should certainly be an option for that too but there should not be only this default option available because now I can't extract a few archives without automatically creating subfolders.

I do not want subfolders because then the second archive won't be able to extract contents because the second archive is split into more files (which depend on each other) and now all these files are in its own subfolder instead of the same folder.

I used to this with ease with 7-Zip and Winrar on Windows but in Archive Manager there is no such a choice where you choose yourself whether you want it extracted to subfolder or not in a subfolder.

Uplink10, Oct 31, 2020
  4. James842 Win User

How to copy only images files from different subfolders and keep the tree of subfolders as...

Move level 2 subfolder and contents to new directory tree

Hello All,

I need to move a common level 2 subfolder and contents to a new directory tree.

At the moment my directory tree is:

Client1

>>Subfolder 1

>>Subfolder 2

>>Subfolder 3

>>Archive

Client 2

>>Subfolder 1

>>Archive

....etc

Due to directory size, I need to move the "Archive" folders and all contents into a new directory, creating new parent folders:

Client 1

>>Archive

Client 2

>>Archive

Any help or direction will be appreciated!!

I am familiar with the use of robocopy for backups ... but not sure if I can use this here. I think I will need to write a cmd expression for this.

Thank you

James842, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

How to copy only images files from different subfolders and keep the tree of subfolders as...

1. How to copy only images files from different subfolders and keep the tree of subfolders as... - Similar Threads - copy images files

2. How can I navigate and copy files to subfolders using File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I navigate and copy files to subfolders using File Explorer?: The question is less intuitive than one might think. I recall that when clicking on a folder, the view would expand to show subfolders. This made it simple to navigate, or to copy files from, for example, Downloads. There was a pointer next to the topmost file that would...
  3. How can I navigate and copy files to subfolders using File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I navigate and copy files to subfolders using File Explorer?: The question is less intuitive than one might think. I recall that when clicking on a folder, the view would expand to show subfolders. This made it simple to navigate, or to copy files from, for example, Downloads. There was a pointer next to the topmost file that would...
  4. how to grant access to different users for different subfolders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to grant access to different users for different subfolders?: Hi everyone,Is there a way to give access to multiple users to different subfolders all at once? or automatically?Here's the situation I'm facing: I have 500 users and 500 subfolders for them in our drive, and I need to give each one of them access to their folder only to...
  5. XCOPY is not copying subfolders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    XCOPY is not copying subfolders: XCOPY is not copying subfolders even though I am using the parameters /S /E.I'm also using /D to just update the data. I've tried using /C to ignore errors. And I've tried using ROBOCOPY but I can not get the subfolders copied.I've tried to contact HP, but they said it was a...
  6. How do i copy only Folder & Subfolder Names into a .txt File and or Excel?

How do i copy only Folder & Subfolder Names into a .txt File and or Excel?: hi, i want to be able to copy the names of the Folders and Subfolders Only ! Not the names of the files in the folder. I can only find the shift right click and cmd dir /b option but that copies all file names as well as the folder names but i dont need the file names in the...
  7. Only Sync a Single subfolder to OneDrive

Only Sync a Single subfolder to OneDrive: I'm just setting up a new computer after my old one broke, and I'm trying to get OneDrive setup the way I had it on my old computer. I have a single folder inside my Documents folder that I want to have synced in OneDrive, such that if I needed to I could work on the files...
  8. File Explorer view subfolder contents without clicking on every subfolder?

File Explorer view subfolder contents without clicking on every subfolder?: In file explorer we have several folders and subfolders set up. Some never get populated while others do. Is there a way when starting at the first folder to see contents of subfolders without having to click all of them and determine which are populated and which are empty?...
  9. Copy certain multiple files from subfolders to single folder

Copy certain multiple files from subfolders to single folder: Hi everyone! I am looking for a way that I can copy DNG files from subfolders which also contain JPG, CR2 and XMP files all into one another folder. The CR2 and XMP will be wiped out with two DEL /S command, the JPG should stay where they are (they are the files to deliver to...
  10. OneDrive subfolders

OneDrive subfolders: I found in OneDrive a folder named "Attachments". I hadn't created it and it was empty so I deleted it but the next day it was back again but still empty. What is it for?...