Windows 10: how to copy or burn a music cd to a blank cd

Discus and support how to copy or burn a music cd to a blank cd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How to copy or burn a music cd to a blank cd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlbertMunoz2, Oct 3, 2018.

1. how to copy or burn a music cd to a blank cd

How to copy or burn a music cd to a blank cd

:)

AlbertMunoz2, Oct 3, 2018
  2. Rey Bel1 Win User

making copies of CD in windows 10

Hi Ahamed,

When you copy music, pictures, and videos from your PC to a blank CD or DVD, it's called "burning." When you copy music, pictures, and videos from a CD or DVD to your PC, it's called "ripping." You can use Windows Media Player to do both. May we know what
    type of file are you copying?

If in any case you need to make multiple copies of a CD, there are downloadable 3rd party applications that can perform such operation with ease.

To copy a CD with only one DVD drive, kindly follow these steps:

• Insert the CD you want to copy into the DVD drive.
    • Create a location folder and copy the contents of the CD to the folder.
    • Remove the CD from the DVD drive.
    • Insert the blank CD, and then burn the contents of the folder into the new CD.

For additional information, see
    Burn and rip CD's

Note: Steps provided in the above article may also apply in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Music CD Burn controls seem primitive at best ....

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing with burning music onto a CD.

Please try the methods below and check if the issue can be fixed.

• Rip (copy) the music to your hard drive.

Before ripping your CD, change your burning quality to the highest quality: Click Organize, choose Options, click the Rip Music tab, and change the Format box to WAV (Lossless). Click OK.

• Insert a blank CD into your writable CD drive.

• In Windows Media Player's Navigation Pane, click the Music category and choose Album to see your saved CDs.

• Right-click the newly ripped album in your library, choose Add To, and choose Burn List.

If your Burn List already had some listed music, click the Clear List button to clear it; then add your CD's music to the Burn List.

• Click the Start Burn button.
    Now, for the fine print. Unless you change the quality to WAV (Lossless) when copying the CD to your PC, Windows Media Player compresses your songs as it saves them on your hard drive, throwing out some audio quality in the process. Burning them back to
    CD won't replace that lost quality. If you want the most accurate duplicates Windows Media Player can handle, change the Ripping Format to WAV (Lossless).

If you do change the format to WAV (Lossless) in order to duplicate a CD, remember to change it back to MP3 afterward, or else your hard drive will run out of room when you begin ripping a lot of CDs.

Reply to us if whether you are able to burn CD after following the step above. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Oct 3, 2018
  4. how to copy or burn a music cd to a blank cd

How to burn a CD

Try this:

"1 Rip (copy) the music to your hard drive.

Before ripping your CD, change your burning quality to the highest quality: Click Organize, choose Options, click the Rip Music tab, and change the Format box to WAV (Lossless). Click OK.

2 Insert a blank CD into your writable CD drive.

3 In Windows Media Player’s Navigation Pane, click the Music category and choose Album to see your saved CDs.

4 Right-click the newly ripped album in your library, choose Add To, and choose Burn List.

If your Burn List already had some listed music, click the Clear List button to clear it; then add your CD’s music to the Burn List.

5 Click the Start Burn button."

From - http://www.dummies.com/computers/operating-systems/windows-10/how-to-burn-music-cds-in-windows-10/

Does that do what you required?

Note ( also from the above link ): - "Unfortunately, neither Windows Media Player nor Windows 10 offer a Duplicate CD option. Instead, you must jump through the following five hoops to create a new CD with the same songs in the same fidelity as the original
    CD"

George222(2), Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

how to copy or burn a music cd to a blank cd

1. how to copy or burn a music cd to a blank cd - Similar Threads - copy burn music

2. How can I copy one cd to a blank cd?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I copy one cd to a blank cd?: Hi! I can't figure out how to copy a cd I copied in the past - to a blank CD. I went to Media player, and ripped it. But I can't find it listed anywhere. It's been some time before I've copied disks, so I might have forgotten some things. I tried to drag the list from the CD...
  3. Unable to burn CD music

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to burn CD music: I have an old Sony Vaio laptop that was initially a Windows 7 which I converted to a Windows 10 last year 2019. I am trying to burn some music cds with Sony recordable cds. The message I get is that the speed writing capabilities are incompatible. Is there any way around...
  4. CD player will not burn music on to CD

CD player will not burn music on to CD: I have recently had my CD/DVD drive replaced. It shows that it is working properly. I can play a DVD or CD with music or video on the CD/DVD Drive. When using the Windows Media program, I can not burn music on to a CD. This statement pops up: Windows Media Player cannot...
  5. burning cd for music

burning cd for music: i cant get my burner to work, i have burn cd's in the past ,but this time error code says directory invaild. what ?? how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burning-cd-for-music/55e837fc-7d9f-449c-be60-7d742526b13a
  6. Burning music to CD problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Burning music to CD problem: Hello. I have a windows 10 desktop PC. When using windows media player to burn to disc some tracks come out in the MP3 format (which I want) others come out in file folder format. Can any one help with this please....
  7. Burning music to CD

Burning music to CD: I've been able to burn CD'S for quite sometime. All of a sudden, I keep getting the same error message over and over "Directory Name Invalid". I've done all the "how to videos", I've used the prompts for DEVMGMT, I've uninstalled the driver, I've rebooted my system. Where...
  8. how to burn a cd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to burn a cd: how to burn a cd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-burn-a-cd/207d1047-2dce-4bf9-a6fb-b6191c0260b6
  9. Free program to copy a cd to a blank cd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free program to copy a cd to a blank cd: Is there a free program download that will allow you to make copy the contents of a cd to a blank cd? Thanks Jerry 77804
  10. CD/DVD will not burn cd's

CD/DVD will not burn cd's: I'm running Windows 10 64 bit on a Toshiba L645D-4040 with a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ890AS CD/DVD drive. I cannot burn a cd with it, using 3 different programs. It plays DVD's and Cd's fine. I have searched for the answer for 5 hours now and cannot find a solution. 54701