Windows 10: How to copy pictures to a external hard drive, by year?

Discus and support How to copy pictures to a external hard drive, by year? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How to copy pictures to a external hard drive, buy year? * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: PHOTOS, WINDOWS 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ROBERT NEUMAN, Nov 8, 2018.

1. ROBERT NEUMAN Win User

How to copy pictures to a external hard drive, by year?

How to copy pictures to a external hard drive, buy year?

* Moved from Community Participation Center

* Original title: PHOTOS, WINDOWS 10

:)

ROBERT NEUMAN, Nov 8, 2018
  2. David Skier Win User

Copy PC contents to external hard drive

I have installed Windows 10 on my PC. Typically I back up the entire contents of my PC on an external hard drive. I once had a hard drive crash and learned the hard way about the value of complete external backups for a PC.

The procedure I used with Windows 8.1 does not seem to apply to Windows 10. Which item on this list "This PC, Desktop, Documents Downloads, Music Pictures HPLJP1000-1500 (C)" should I select to copy everything (including Windows 10) on my external hard
    drive?

David Skier, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Nov 8, 2018
  4. twynog Win User

External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. How to copy pictures to a external hard drive, by year? - Similar Threads - copy pictures external

2. External hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive: I am trying to connect an external hard drive to my computer but nothing is coming up. It's like it is not recognizing that I plugged into an external hard drive. What should I do?...
  3. How to auto save on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to auto save on an external hard drive: I have bought a 1 Tb Seagate external hard drive to auto back up my hard drive every hour. I have normally been able to manually back up folders and files to an external hard drive, but for some reason I cannot get the Seagate to start working to automate the backup every...
  4. external hard drive

external hard drive: my external hard drive will not open in windows 10 it did open in windows 7.what can I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/external-hard-drive/04f12d0c-5772-49a1-8fce-baa155c2a80d
  5. How to Partition a 1TB external Hard Drive?

How to Partition a 1TB external Hard Drive?: I am new to the forum. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post my question, but hoping someone here can direct me or might know. I purchased a 1TB hard drive to place media files on it so that I could plug it into my DVD player which has a USB port. I made sure to...
  6. external hard drives

external hard drives: I have two external hard drives I used on two different computers. On both computers I backed up all information onto the external hard drives before installing windows 10 on both computers. I was running windows 7 on both computers before the installation. On both computers...
  7. external hard drive

external hard drive: Hello everyone I am new to Tenforums. I am trying to get an external hard drive to show up so I can use it. It shows up in the disc management it is a 2TB of storage but it shows up as 127mb I don't understand it. It is a g drive I have attached an image of what shows up I...
  8. Can you copy program files over to an external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you copy program files over to an external hard drive?: Can you copy program files over to an external hard drive? And copy them back onto your hard drive after installing Windows 10 pro? Or do you have to install all the programs again? If so is there any software that would do it for you? 74875
  9. How to confirm external hard drive function

How to confirm external hard drive function: This seems an incredibly basic question but I'll ask anyway. I've finally decided to do a system image backup of ~250 Gb to my old external hard drive and confirmed there's sufficient space. It's been running for almost 24 hrs. but the length of the progress bar has barely...
  10. Copying folders from C: to external hard drive or USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying folders from C: to external hard drive or USB: I'm switching from an old desktop running XP to a new laptop running Windows 10. I've copied folders, including some programs, to an external hard drive and/or a USB. Windows Explorer in XP allowed me to just highlight files or folders I want to copy, then right click to...