Windows 10: How to copy pictures to a external hard drive, by year?

Discus and support How to copy pictures to a external hard drive, by year? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How to copy pictures to a external hard drive, buy year? * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: PHOTOS, WINDOWS 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ROBERT NEUMAN, Nov 8, 2018.

1. How to copy pictures to a external hard drive, by year?

How to copy pictures to a external hard drive, buy year?

* Moved from Community Participation Center

* Original title: PHOTOS, WINDOWS 10

:)

ROBERT NEUMAN, Nov 8, 2018

2. Copy PC contents to external hard drive

I have installed Windows 10 on my PC. Typically I back up the entire contents of my PC on an external hard drive. I once had a hard drive crash and learned the hard way about the value of complete external backups for a PC.

The procedure I used with Windows 8.1 does not seem to apply to Windows 10. Which item on this list "This PC, Desktop, Documents Downloads, Music Pictures HPLJP1000-1500 (C)" should I select to copy everything (including Windows 10) on my external hard
    drive?

David Skier, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Nov 8, 2018
  4. twynog Win User

How to copy pictures to a external hard drive, by year?

External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

How to copy pictures to a external hard drive, by year?

1. How to copy pictures to a external hard drive, by year? - Similar Threads - copy pictures external

2. Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.: Hello,Im in the process of trying to sell my desktop unit but I need to get the computer info a fit enough state for anyone to take it. The main drawback I have is that for some reason I am unable to copy files from my external hard drive to the c drive. For some files it...
  3. Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.: Hello,Im in the process of trying to sell my desktop unit but I need to get the computer info a fit enough state for anyone to take it. The main drawback I have is that for some reason I am unable to copy files from my external hard drive to the c drive. For some files it...
  4. Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Copying multiple files to an external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying multiple files to an external hard drive.: I am running Windows 11 and I want to copy multiple folders containing multiple files from one external hard drive to another. Prior to my upgrading to Windows 11, I was able to perform this operation. As the following screen print shows: the copy process starts.The next...
  6. Copying multiple files to an external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying multiple files to an external hard drive.: I am running Windows 11 and I want to copy multiple folders containing multiple files from one external hard drive to another. Prior to my upgrading to Windows 11, I was able to perform this operation. As the following screen print shows: the copy process starts.The next...
  7. copying from one external hard drive to another

copying from one external hard drive to another: I am trying to copy a large folder of photo files from one external hard drive to another in Windows 10. I used a drag and drop command and the resulting window showed progress as I could see the names of individual photo files showing briefly. After the copy process...
  8. Copying to External Hard Drive

Copying to External Hard Drive: I try to copy files to my external hard drives, the system goes through the procedure, but when I look where the files should be, only the folders are being copied. Why am I unable to copy to external drives and how can I do this?...
  9. Cannot copy to an external USB hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot copy to an external USB hard drive: I can copy from, but not to ANY I have tried multiple external HDDs, ports and cables external drive. Whether I copy paste or drag drop, most times it will copy 1 or 2 files, then the copy stops, the drive disconnect chime occurs and explorer crashes. Most times I get...
  10. External Hard Drive copies

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive copies: When I attach an external hard drive it displays two copies (e.g. Drive (E:)) the content is the same but when moving folders or files i have sometimes put them in different copies. I would like just one drive but how do i get rid of the copy?...