Windows 10: How to Copy Text from a pdf File Viewed in Chrome or Edge

Discus and support How to Copy Text from a pdf File Viewed in Chrome or Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Has anyone found a way of copying highlighted text from a protected pdf file in Chrome or Edge? 174662 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Steve C, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Steve C Win User

How to Copy Text from a pdf File Viewed in Chrome or Edge

Has anyone found a way of copying highlighted text from a protected pdf file in Chrome or Edge?

:)

Steve C, Feb 21, 2021
  2. dtreida Win User

Viewing PDF files in Edge

Unable to view pdf files that open up in a Microsoft Edge tab. I clicked on a pdf link and when it open it gave me a message "For the best experience, open this PDF portfolio in Acrobat X or Adobe Reader X, or later." Does Edge not allow you to view PDF
    files within the browser? Do I really have to go to Google Chrome and just so I can utilize their Adobe Reader function?

dtreida, Feb 21, 2021
  3. HugoSAP Win User
    Viewing PDF files in Edge

Same here, with a variant: when I click on any link to a pdf file in any website I get a new tab with blank pages. One blank for each page in the document. Google Chrome and Mozilla work fine.

When this issue will be fixed, my next question will be: how do I save this document (the good old "Save target as" has vanished from the right mouse click options).

HugoSAP, Feb 21, 2021
  4. How to Copy Text from a pdf File Viewed in Chrome or Edge

Can't copy text from a PDF file on Windows Phone

1. I have a Word Docx on my PC containing a bunch of passwords. i have this file password-protected.

2. I copy this file to my Windows Phone so i can view when i am traveling.

3. I can open the file just fine (after entering my password) but i can't copy text (i.e., no little "copy" icon shows up when i tap a word or phrase. NOTE: i can copy the text just fine if i'm on my windows 7 PC.

4. I've also tried the PDF route.

5. On my PC i have my Word Docx file open and do a SAVE AS PDF. File is saved.

6. I then open the PDF (which has lost password protection at this point) and go to TOOLS, ENCRYPT....to add a password. Note: i can copy text from this password-protected PDF file on my PC.

7. I copy this PDF file from my PC to my Windows phone.

8. But, when i open the PDF file (after entering my password) i can see all the text but i can't copy the text.

There's got to be a way i can do this on my Windows Phone (Lumia 929) with either WORD or PDF. Suggestions?

DanMonahan, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

How to Copy Text from a pdf File Viewed in Chrome or Edge

1. How to Copy Text from a pdf File Viewed in Chrome or Edge - Similar Threads - Copy Text pdf

2. Save file PDF by Chrome"Print to PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save file PDF by Chrome"Print to PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't...: When I print a page with "Print to PDF", it will create a file PDF and I can edit text with "Foxit PhantomPDF". But when I print with "Microsoft Print to PDF", The newly created file can't edit the text. Can anyone explain?...
  3. Save file PDF by Chrome"Print to PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save file PDF by Chrome"Print to PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't...: When I print a page with "Print to PDF", it will create a file PDF and I can edit text with "Foxit PhantomPDF". But when I print with "Microsoft Print to PDF", The newly created file can't edit the text. Can anyone explain?...
  4. Save file PDF by Chrome"Print to PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Print to PDF Files Don't Allow Copy Text

Microsoft Print to PDF Files Don't Allow Copy Text: Hello, PDF files I currently make using print driver Microsoft Print to PDF don't allow copying text. Only shows an arrow, not the cursor to select text. This started happening in June of this year as I have many pdf's created with this method and files from May 2020 are...
  6. How to force Chrome to open a PDF file

in Browsers and Email
    How to force Chrome to open a PDF file: When reviewing my broadband bill, Chrome insists on saving the PDF file before I can review it but the file displays in Edge without saving. How can I force Chrome to always display a PDF file without needing to save it first? 138538
  7. Pdf Highlighted text in Edge Browser

Pdf Highlighted text in Edge Browser: Hello all, I am using edge as a pdf reader and I am highlighting it while reading. And now I want to check all my highlighted texts without traversing the whole document like we can do in Adobe. How to do it??...
  8. Problem with pdf file when viewing on Microsoft Edge

Problem with pdf file when viewing on Microsoft Edge: Hi, Recently, I have a problem with Microsoft Edge when I open a pdf file, the situation is as follow. Can anyone explain and help me to solve this matter? Thanks in advance [ATTACH]...
  9. copy and past pdf file in microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    copy and past pdf file in microsoft edge: I'm unable to copy and paste sections of a pdf file in microsoft edge but I'm unable to. Why is this so difficult? Everything was fine when I did this with the reader app. Please help....
  10. Odd text issue with Chrome but not Edge. How to correct?

in Browsers and Email
    Odd text issue with Chrome but not Edge. How to correct?: I have an odd issue with some fonts on the Chrome browser, but only when on a few websites, where some of the fonts look shorter than they should but when using the Edge browser all looks fine. In my attached example it is the lower case "f"s that are too short. There must be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant I copy and paste a pdf document in edge browser