Windows 10: How to copy then delete win xp Pro from dual Partitioned single hdd with windows 10 as dual...

Discus and support How to copy then delete win xp Pro from dual Partitioned single hdd with windows 10 as dual... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have old computer with Win XP Pro and I had added win 10 and made a single hdd a dual boot. Now I would like to copy all of XP and install on other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GBixIP, May 24, 2022.

1. GBixIP Win User

How to copy then delete win xp Pro from dual Partitioned single hdd with windows 10 as dual...

I have old computer with Win XP Pro and I had added win 10 and made a single hdd a dual boot. Now I would like to copy all of XP and install on other computer and erase win xp from this dual boot to just win 10 bootIf you could show the step by step way of doing this. That would be Great.Thank YouVM Edit: Moved to Windows 10

:)

GBixIP, May 24, 2022

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 24, 2022
  3. Dual boot windows xp sp3/ win 7 sp1 to xp/win 10 dual boot

I have a desktop with dual boot windows xp sp3/ win 7 sp1. I have some older software (only used a few times a year) that will not run on win7 so I have the xp partition. Will the new windows 10 upgrade allow the install to have xp/win 10 dual boot.

RAGriffith, May 24, 2022
  4. How to copy then delete win xp Pro from dual Partitioned single hdd with windows 10 as dual...

Making a Win XP PRO 32bit SP3 into a dual boot Win XP/Win10 system

When dual booting Windows 10 and older versions of Windows, the older version of Windows (XP in your case), must be installed first. There is no point in dual booting only to eventually delete Windows XP at a later date. Installing on a logical partition
    will only complicate matters. If your intention is to use XP at a later date, it would be better to put it in a virtual machine.

If you sense you might need to use Windows XP in the future, keep the current configuration. Just reduce the size of the partition to a 100 GB as you suggested, then install Windows 10 on the much larger partition.

You can download Windows 10 and create a bootable copy on a USB key or DVD:

How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Review instructions:

How to: setup a dual boot configuration with Windows 10
    and previous versions of Windows

Andre Da Costa, May 24, 2022
Thema:

How to copy then delete win xp Pro from dual Partitioned single hdd with windows 10 as dual...

1. How to copy then delete win xp Pro from dual Partitioned single hdd with windows 10 as dual... - Similar Threads - copy delete Pro

2. Dual boot XP on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot XP on Windows 10 Pro: I have new Windows 10 Pro laptop and want to configure to dual boot Windows XP, what is the best way to go about. Installation on multiple partitions or creating virtual machine using Hyper-V? I need to do this on 10 laptops, what is the easy way to do it. It is possible to...
  3. Dual boot XP on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot XP on Windows 10 Pro: I have new Windows 10 Pro laptop and want to configure to dual boot Windows XP, what is the best way to go about. Installation on multiple partitions or creating virtual machine using Hyper-V? I need to do this on 10 laptops, what is the easy way to do it. It is possible to...
  4. Dual Boot Windows 10 on single SSD with pooled partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Boot Windows 10 on single SSD with pooled partition: Hiya folks!I have a Panasonic windows tablet that I’d like to set up like this:2 Windows 10 installs on separate partitions on a single SSD, with access to a 3rd partition for file storage. I’d like each Windows to be able to use the files/data on the 3rd partition as if it’s...
  5. How to copy then delete win xp Pro from dual Partitioned single hdd with windows 10 as dual...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to copy then delete win xp Pro from dual Partitioned single hdd with windows 10 as dual...: I have old computer with Win XP Pro and I had added win 10 and made a single hdd a dual boot. Now I would like to copy all of XP and install on other computer and erase win xp from this dual boot to just win 10 bootIf you could show the step by step way of doing this. That...
  6. How to copy then delete win xp Pro from dual Partitioned single hdd with windows 10 as dual...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to copy then delete win xp Pro from dual Partitioned single hdd with windows 10 as dual...: I have old computer with Win XP Pro and I had added win 10 and made a single hdd a dual boot. Now I would like to copy all of XP and install on other computer and erase win xp from this dual boot to just win 10 bootIf you could show the step by step way of doing this. That...
  7. Upgrade to Win 10 from dual boot win 7 / win xp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Win 10 from dual boot win 7 / win xp: I upgraded from win xp to a dual boot win xp / win 7 by using a win 7 upgrade disk. win 7 is now stable so I don't need win xp any longer and don't need a dual boot system. win 7 is on sata drive c with data also on that sata drive as drive d. win xp is on an old ide drive...
  8. How best to install Win 7=> 10 in dual boot with XP (seperate HDD)?

How best to install Win 7=> 10 in dual boot with XP (seperate HDD)?: I currently have a dual-boot system with Win XP on one hard drive and Win 7 on another hard drive. I am looking into upgrading the Win 7 drive to Win 10 sometime in the next month or two. (At current, on boot up, it gives me the option of booting into Win or selecting "old...
  9. Dual installation of Windows 10 Pro & Windows XP Pro

Dual installation of Windows 10 Pro & Windows XP Pro: I've cleanly installed Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) in UEFI mode in my new computer. I'm planning to have XP by either dual boot (separate hard disk) or virtualization. But this question is strictly regarding with dual boot. If I unplug hard disk containing Windows 10,...
  10. Win XP Dual Boot with Win 10

Win XP Dual Boot with Win 10: Hello Im not sure which would be the best way to do this, Google is good most of the time but I am getting nowhere apart from getting more stress and a headache. I have Win XP with SP2 already loaded and set up just right on a sata drive, Ive bought a new motherboard,...