Windows 10: How to copy Windows 8.1 file to Windows 10

Discus and support How to copy Windows 8.1 file to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can put a copy of (WinHlp32.exe) for Windows 8.1 J:/temp (Windows 10)? Don Cole 130166 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doncole, Apr 4, 2019.

1. doncole Win User

How to copy Windows 8.1 file to Windows 10

How can put a copy of (WinHlp32.exe) for Windows 8.1 J:/temp (Windows 10)?

Don Cole

:)

doncole, Apr 4, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 4, 2019
  4. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

1. How to copy Windows 8.1 file to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - copy file

2. copy and back up files

in Windows 10 Customization
    copy and back up files: Win 10 I have backed up and copied all files of my satnav in car navigation system to a SD card successfully however it is not recognised by the sat navigation all files as per the original are present within the new SD card Help Please...
  3. How do I resave an MP3 as an Itunes file, or copy it into my Itunes library?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I resave an MP3 as an Itunes file, or copy it into my Itunes library?: How do I resave an MP3 as an Itunes file, or copy it into my Itunes library? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-resave-an-mp3-as-an-itunes-file-or-copy/23817171-6c5d-495c-9aa9-5f90fc9ca436"
  4. Recent drop in File Copy Performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent drop in File Copy Performance: I'm experiencing much slower speeds when copying files to one of my PCs. I've done a bunch of tests to narrow down the issue, but I have no idea how to fix it now that I've narrowed it down. So I have two Windows 10 PCs, one with two USB3 raid5 devices attached to it for...
  5. Can't copy files from my local Onedrive folder to external drive (re-open)...

Can't copy files from my local Onedrive folder to external drive (re-open)...: This is the same problem expressed by other users in the following thread that was closed with no response from Microsoft... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-copy-files-from-my-local-onedrive-folder-to/aada2be5-814e-4115-aec0-f24dad8a26d7 When...
  6. Can't get local file copy back from OneDrive

Can't get local file copy back from OneDrive: I recently decided to use OneDrive to backup some files (4.2GB). I didn't notice the "Files on Demand" setting so "save space and download files as you use them" was checked, and OneDrive uploaded all of my files and removed the local copies. I want to keep local files and...
  7. Picture/file dates disappear when copying from Phone to P.C?

Picture/file dates disappear when copying from Phone to P.C?: I have a folder on my Samsung S7 with about 1000 images I downloaded in it, most without any kind of metadata but some with. I can always order them with Sort By: Date Modified, as the date modified for all the images is the date I downloaded them. However, when I tried to...
  8. Copying files from a folder using filenames from a text file

Copying files from a folder using filenames from a text file: I have a folder that contains approx. 17,000 images, I want to copy only those images, whose filenames are listed in a text file. The text file contains approx. 1000 file names. Is there a command that I can use on cmd or power shell to automate this process? Otherwise I...
  9. One off backups - how do I do this if my copy to device does not show up in file...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One off backups - how do I do this if my copy to device does not show up in file...: I back up my photos, documents and Mozilla profiles a few times a year. Mainly when I download photos from my camera or phone. The last few times I tried I resorted to copy and paste to a portable USB device via File Explorer. I tried this today and discovered that the...
  10. Copying only newer files Win10

Copying only newer files Win10: This seems like a simple task, and there used to be a way to do it using a Copy command, but Win10 doesn't seem to support this: Is there any way in Win10 to copy/paste only new or updated contents from a folder B into a reference folder A? I have 2 folders, A and B, that...