Windows 10: How to copy Windows settings to a new install ?

Discus and support How to copy Windows settings to a new install ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I'm a first time Windows 10 user who have recently installed it on one of my PC's. I have spent countless days configuring Windows 10 and I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ground_Breaking377, Jun 19, 2020.

1. How to copy Windows settings to a new install ?

Hi,

I'm a first time Windows 10 user who have recently installed it on one of my PC's. I have spent countless days configuring Windows 10 and I'm wondering if I can make a backup of all the settings from:

• Windows Settings App
    • Control Panel

then upon Windows 10 reinstallation restore them again ?

I have another PC on which I need to install a fresh Windows 10 and I don't have both the patience and time to spend countless days again to configure Windows 10 for the second time. Is there any application that will allow me to copy over all above listed settings ? If not, at least I would like to copy all the settings from Windows Settings App.

I don't believe that there is no way to do it, if Microsoft Account can copy Windows Settings over then I'm pretty sure that there must be some type of way or a file where I can copy and replace it in order to restore Windows settings. Windows 10 is a privacy hell so no, I won't be using Microsoft Account for any syncing as I don't trust it. I have also heard about a tool caled TransWiz but I don't know which Settings it backsup.

I think that final option if there is absolutely no way to carry over the mentioned settings, is to clone the Windows 10 over to another SSD, uninstall all the drivers and do Sysprep but I heard that even then Windows 10 might not carry over all the settings and the user environment properly.

I have tried to find a solution for a few days already but it seems impossible to do and makes me very frustrated with Windows 10 as I mostly have negative experience with this Operating System. Also, on the side of things, this whole Windows 10 is ridiculous, at the same time that I have spent on configuring it, my Windows 7 install would be done a long time ago. The only difference I see is that Windows 10 is bloated into oblivion and have the ability to auto adapt to a new hardware without re-installation.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

submitted by /u/Ground_Breaking377
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ground_Breaking377, Jun 19, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 19, 2020
  3. dhdude Win User
    Replacing old hard drive, need way to copy Windows installation across

Hey Guys,
    What would be the best way of copying/imaging the entire contents of an old system drive over to a replacement hard disk for the same machine? I need to copy the Windows installations and all other data to the new drive, and then format the old drive to use as a backup.

Any suggestions? *Smile How to copy Windows settings to a new install ? :)

dhdude, Jun 19, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

How to copy Windows settings to a new install ?

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

How to copy Windows settings to a new install ?

1. How to copy Windows settings to a new install ? - Similar Threads - copy settings install

2. Made a mistake installing new copy of Windows10.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Made a mistake installing new copy of Windows10.: I installed a new copy of windows10 on my sister-in-law's computer but, when I couldn't get her phone to accept the text code, I used my phone. Now the computer, it seems is registered to me and my Microsoft account. My question is, how do I get it changed back to her...
  3. How to install a fresh copy of Windows 10?

How to install a fresh copy of Windows 10?: All attempts to upgrade my wife's HP Pavillion PC have failed. So I'm planning on installing a fresh copy using the link below. My question is, will the Windows licenses work, i.e., not be deleted in the process?...
  4. Install new copy of Windows 10 Ent edition

Install new copy of Windows 10 Ent edition: Hi, I had a Windows 10 Enterprise edition installed on my PC with a digital license linked to my Microsoft account. I just purchased a new PC and after creating the installation USB device to install a new copy, I have found out that Windows 10 Enterprise edition is not...
  5. Windows 10 1909 - How to copy Windows settings to a new install ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 1909 - How to copy Windows settings to a new install ?: Hi, I'm a first time Windows 10 user who have recently installed it on one of my PC's. I have spent countless days configuring Windows 10 and I'm wondering if I can make a backup of all the settings from: Windows Settings App Control Panel Group Policy then upon...
  6. New motherboard installation, how to set up Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New motherboard installation, how to set up Windows 10?: Howdy, as mentioned I want to install a new mainboard (including new CPU + RAM). I imagined this to be relatively unproblematic, software-wise I would only have to update the drivers according to my knowledge, right? Now I have read more and more that a complete Win10...
  7. Copy Windows 10 settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copy Windows 10 settings: Hello, I bought new components for my PC and i want to reinstall my Windows, but i am frightened at the thought of changing again all the settings and the registry that i played with. Is there any way to save al the changes (general settings + reg.) that i made to my...
  8. in Windows 10, how to copy photos to a new folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    in Windows 10, how to copy photos to a new folder: In the original folder, I select the photo and click the copy option. In the new folder there is no paste option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-how-to-copy-photos-to-a-new-folder/f3ebd236-13a2-45c5-8a1a-deb2a5bb192d
  9. How to copy only new files

in Windows 10 Support
    How to copy only new files: I have two large folders and I need to copy only modified and new files from source to target folder, is there a way to do that with explorer in windows 10 ? or with a free tool ? 150621
  10. How can I install new clean copy of my windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I install new clean copy of my windows 10 ?: I have windows 10 Home: Version: 1709 Build: 16299.248 I want to format my hard disk and install a new clean of my windows 10 copy. 1. The first step I want to do is some how to download from the internet from microsoft the windows 10 it self and make a bootable dvd using...