Windows 10: How to correct incorrect e-mail address on child's account?

Discus and support How to correct incorrect e-mail address on child's account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; It looks like someone hacked my kid's account and the e-mail address associated with the Microsoft account is not their address. I can see the details... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by gwjunk42, Nov 28, 2018.

1. gwjunk42 Win User

How to correct incorrect e-mail address on child's account?

It looks like someone hacked my kid's account and the e-mail address associated with the Microsoft account is not their address. I can see the details in the family section on my account home page. We do not have access to that e-mail account and my kid cannot login to their account anymore. Is there a way to correct the e-mail address and recover their account?

:)

gwjunk42, Nov 28, 2018

2. Unable to add child to family -- invite not reaching child's e-mail acct

Hello. I want to add a Windows child account to my family account so I can configure usage limits on the child's account. The first step is apparently for Microsoft to send an invite message to the child's e-mail account, but no invite messages have arrived
    at his account. The Microsoft account | Your family page says that the invitation was sent, and the address shown on this page (the addr that the invite was supposedly sent to) is correct. There are no Microsoft or Windows-related messages about this
    in my son's in-box and his junk folder is empty. I'm also fairly certain that there is no setting in his e-mail account that would block incoming messages from particular addresses (or allow only messages from particular addresses). There's been plenty of
    time for the messages to have arrived -- I made all the attempts last week. If it helps, my son's e-mail account is on Juno.com and I'm running Windows 10. Anyone have any ideas on what might be going on? Thanks.

LlamaDancer, Nov 28, 2018
  3. pyro Win User
    Replacing Microsoft Account Administor E-Mail Address

Hello,

I recently changed my e-mail address and then logged into my Microsoft account. The administrator account still shows my old e-mail address under my account name. How to I change my old admin account e-mail address with my new e-mail address?

Thank you

4. MikeS6 Win User

Receive e-mail correspondence at an e-mail address that is not associated with my account

When I order, for example, movies from the Windows Store, I always receive the order receipt at an e-mail address that is not associated with my Microsoft Account. The e-mail address is not listed anywhere in my Microsoft Account, yet I continue to receive
    correspondence at that address.

I do not want to continue receiving correspondence related to my Microsoft Account at that e-mail address. Within the online account management tools provided at http://account.microsoft.com, however, I can find no way to change that behavior.
    The e-mail address is not listed as an account alias (in
    Your info > Manage sign-in email or phone number), it is not part of my billing profile (in
    Payment & billing >
    Billing info), and it is not listed as an alternative e-mail address (in
    Security & privacy > More security settings).

It is my understanding (from various chats with Microsoft support) that the e-mail address in question may have been the primary e-mail address on the account in the past, which is why it is still (somehow) associated with my Microsoft Account despite the
    fact that I removed it from my Account a long time ago. Various levels of Microsoft Support have been unable to help. They just keep passing me along to different departments without ever helping. Their latest response pointed me to this community. Is there
    any way someone at Microsoft can remove that e-mail address so that it is no longer associated with my Microsoft Account?

MikeS6, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

1. How to correct incorrect e-mail address on child's account? - Similar Threads - correct incorrect mail

2. Trying to re-open Microsoft Account but recovery e-mail address may be incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to re-open Microsoft Account but recovery e-mail address may be incorrect: Hello,Although I thought all I did yesterday was cancel the Microsoft 365 subscription for an account we are planning not to use for a while, it appears as if the whole account has been marked for closing in 60 days. To boot, when I attempted to re-open it, Microsoft wants to...
  3. Trying to re-open Microsoft Account but recovery e-mail address may be incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trying to re-open Microsoft Account but recovery e-mail address may be incorrect: Hello,Although I thought all I did yesterday was cancel the Microsoft 365 subscription for an account we are planning not to use for a while, it appears as if the whole account has been marked for closing in 60 days. To boot, when I attempted to re-open it, Microsoft wants to...
  4. Incorrect e-mail address Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect e-mail address Windows 11: When setting up a new Windows 11 laptop, I accidentally typed my e-mail address incorrectly. This incorrect account is now the Administrator account. I have managed to create a second user account with the correct e-mail address, but I cannot make it the Administrator and...
  5. Incorrect e-mail address Windows 11

Incorrect e-mail address Windows 11: When setting up a new Windows 11 laptop, I accidentally typed my e-mail address incorrectly. This incorrect account is now the Administrator account. I have managed to create a second user account with the correct e-mail address, but I cannot make it the Administrator and...
  6. e-mail address

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    e-mail address: How do I change the e-mail address of a family member? Moved from: Outlook.com Email Managing email folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-address/5ec32c45-2254-4be6-add2-d6ff8aff3cda
  7. Error with e-mail address for account verification

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error with e-mail address for account verification: When I try to log in to the Microsoft store and other places with a new browser or device it seeks to verify that I am who I say I am. I changed my account e-mail address in December 2019 and that is correctly displayed at the top of the message. But the only account that...
  8. Incorrect E-Mail Address

in Browsers and Email
    Incorrect E-Mail Address: What should happen when you send an e-mail but you entered the address incorrectly like accidentally misspelling the name? I always assumed that the e-mail would be bounced back to make you aware of this problem. I have now discovered that some e-mail servers are like black...
  9. Cannot delete Auto suggest incorrect e-mail addresses

Cannot delete Auto suggest incorrect e-mail addresses: Hi I know this isnt a new question I have seen questions relating back to 2016 with Microsoft saying there is no facility in Windows mail to delete an incorrect e-mail address, not only do I have incorrect e-mail addresses, but I also have an e-mail address from a deceased...
  10. e-mail address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    e-mail address: Someone is using my e-mail address but with outlook.com rather than hotmail.com, which I use. That person is claiming that they are getting my mail and telling me to change e-mail address, which I don't want to do. Help!!...